Discussions about the Imperial Family and European Royalty > The Imperial Family

Exact dates of the photos of the Imperial Family

(1/15) > >>

nena:
Oftenly here we are not 100% sure when some pics. of Imperial Family were taken...No speaking about months.

On their pics. they sometimes labeled months or date when the photo was taken.

Here is thread where we can post photos for request for months.--tell us what books say, or your personal oppinions, based on your knowledge. It's smiliar one as Looking for help with Picture(s) and/or Captions. But here we are going to disccus about years and monts. Right?

For example, this photo:

We know it was taken in 1913, probably at Livadia. But which month? I meant--when IF visited Livadia in 1913?

Let's see.

nena:
I find this picture interesting for ask in which month was it taken?:

LisaDavidson:
It is difficult to pinpoint exact months because of the different reckonings of dates in Imperial Russia versus the rest of Europe.

The formal portrait of the Imperial Family was actually taken in Odessa, not Livadia, and to my understanding, during the Romanov 300th anniversary year of 1913. I don't know when it was taken, but it seems logical that the family would have visited Odessa while in the Crimea at Livadia simply because that's how people traveled at that time. Visits to the Crimea tended to be in the fall, so the best I can conjecture is that photo #1 was probably taken during the fall of 1913 in Odessa.

The candid photograph of Alexei was taken at Tobolsk after the departure of his parents and one sister for Ekaterinburg in April 1918. I believe the family was reunited about one month later. So this photo would have been taken no earlier than April and no later than May 1918.

nena:
Lisa, I understand, and thank you very much----but IF sometimes they labeled dates of taking photos.

But, with help of diary entries, for example, we can know in which month one picture was taken. Allright?

I didn't know photos Formal photos of IF in 1913 were taken in Odessa. Also, I believe that one of Tsartevich was taken in April of 1918.
I wanted to ask about this one?:

It is in Tobolsk, on roof. But, on some sites, it's labeled April 1918, last photo of Tsar II with children, I highly doubt, I gess it was taken in 1917, in autumn, ca. september-october? Anyone else's opinions?

LisaDavidson:

--- Quote from: nena on August 18, 2008, 07:13:25 PM ---Lisa, I understand, and thank you very much----but IF sometimes they labeled dates of taking photos.

But, with help of diary entries, for example, we can know in which month one picture was taken. Allright?

I didn't know photos Formal photos of IF in 1913 were taken in Odessa. Also, I believe that one of Tsartevich was taken in April of 1918.
I wanted to ask about this one?:

It is in Tobolsk, on roof. But, on some sites, it's labeled April 1918, last photo of Tsar II with children, I highly doubt, I gess it was taken in 1917, in autumn, ca. september-october? Anyone else's opinions?

--- End quote ---

This is a very strange photograph. I have a large print of it, and in looking closely, while there is a resemblance to the IF, the individuals don't look (to me) like the family. But, yes, I agree, it was more likely to have been taken in the Spring of 1917 at Tsarskoe Selo. Yet, I too have seen it labeled as Tobolsk. The thing is, many of the photos taken at Tobolsk did not get developed, whereas those taken at Ts were developed and printed.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version