Author Topic: New upcoming books in 2009!  (Read 42871 times)

Alixz

Re: New upcoming books in 2009!
« Reply #45 on: August 11, 2009, 09:00:59 AM »
Author Dan Willis' new book, "Romanovs in the 21st Century," has now been assigned an ISB Number:  ISBN 978-3-639-17480-9.  It is thought to be released perhaps around "September-October."  His publisher, VDM Verlag, "also operates in the UK and the US."  You can read his comments of 06/27/2009 and 07/05/2009 on "The Glittering Royal Events Message Board," sub-heading: "Russian Royal and Noble Message Board."    AP

Thank you for this mention.

The book is now published and the first run is at the printers. I am taking orders now via my website for books that will ship by the end of September. For more info: www.dan-willis.com

Sounds interesting, Dan.  The thirst for knowledge is always a joy ride.

Offline Forum Admin

• Administrator
  • Velikye Knyaz
  • www.alexanderpalace.org
    • View Profile
    • Alexander Palace Time Machine
« Reply #46 on: September 14, 2009, 04:22:36 PM »
I don't know if the book will make it out in 2009 or more possibly 2010, but Greg King and Penny Wilson have given me permission to tell you that their newest book, going to the publisher in the next 30 days, will be about how, DNA aside, Franciska S. literally became Anastasia Manahan, or more well known, Anna Anderson.  I have been working with them, helping with some research and historical information, as well as reading and commenting on the manuscript as it has been evolving. I can assure you it will be a fascinating read, and will finally show expose how the woman known to history as Anna Anderson pulled it off.  Much new material, never before published.

Offline grandduchessella

• Global Moderator
  • Velikye Knyaz
  • Getting Ready to Move to Europe :D
    • View Profile
    • Facebook page
« Reply #47 on: September 14, 2009, 06:11:44 PM »
Sounds very interesting, thanks FA.

Does anyone know if Greg King will ever go back to work on the biography he was doing on Grand Duke Ernst Ludwig? It was talked about when I first joined the Forum back in 2004 or so. He's had several books since then--has this one been abandoned or just back-burnered?
They also serve who only stand and wait--John Milton
Come visit on Pinterest--http://pinterest.com/lawrbk/

Offline ashanti01

• Velikye Knyaz
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 15, 2009, 01:19:38 AM »
I had forgotten he had planned to write a book on Grand Duke Ernst. It would be a very interesting read, I do hope he decides to finisih the book.

Offline Janet Ashton

• Knyaz
  • www.directarticle.org
    • View Profile
    • Direct Article
« Reply #49 on: September 15, 2009, 06:40:52 AM »
Does anyone know if Greg King will ever go back to work on the biography he was doing on Grand Duke Ernst Ludwig? It was talked about when I first joined the Forum back in 2004 or so. He's had several books since then--has this one been abandoned or just back-burnered?

Greg usually has a series of projects on the go at once, and will take up whichever seems most lilkely to sell to a publisher when required (NB to some posters: this does NOT mean he will write just anything for money!! - it has to be something he knows about and has researched) . That said, he has always had some which are higher priority than others, usually according to interest. Ernst ludwig is likely to be a small market book, so has not been a big priority for a few years.
That said, life can deliver surpirses. Given the huge emtional investment some people have in certain conclusions - and the way they impose this investment on authors - he had not intended to take up the claimant topic, and several times said firmly that it was dead (and I kind of hoped so for the same reasons though it always seemed to me it would be a likely one for a publisher to want) but Wiley had a different view. I am glad he is in a position where publishers make a steady stream of offers, and I am far beyond glad that the book has been written the way it has, though it may not please those who hoped for different conclusions.
Shake your chains to earth like dew
Which in sleep had fallen on you -
Ye are many; they are few.

Offline Teddy

• Knyaz
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
    • https://www.facebook.com/Booksvanhoog
« Reply #50 on: September 15, 2009, 07:31:19 AM »
I'm looking forward to the GD Ernst of Hesse book.

Offline Ilana

• Knyaz
  • I love any info on VMH
    • View Profile
    • Queen Victoria's Granddaughters
« Reply #51 on: September 21, 2009, 10:48:03 AM »
I have to admit that this just fascinates me.  I, as some of you may know, have a dwindling interest in the Imperial Family and their fate at this point, but the idea of this woman doing what she did, how the heck she pulled it off and lived it for over 60 years... I almost think it's a better story than if it had really been SHE!!
So long and thanks for all the fish

Offline Teddy

• Knyaz
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
    • https://www.facebook.com/Booksvanhoog
« Reply #52 on: September 21, 2009, 11:19:35 AM »
Can you explain what you mean?

Offline Ally Kumari

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
    • Imperial Russia
« Reply #53 on: September 21, 2009, 12:25:13 PM »
I´m also confused...

are you talking about Anna Andersson? If so, you´re in the wrong thread....

Offline Sarushka

• Velikye Knyaz
  • May I interest you in a grain of salt?
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 21, 2009, 01:12:12 PM »
Ilana is talking about Greg King & Penny Wilson's new book, which is about Anna Anderson's claim.

Ilana's point as I understand it is that an examination of how Anna Anderson's claim held up for so long is actually *more* fascinating if you don't believe she was Anastasia Nikolaevna.
THE LOST CROWN: A Novel of Romanov Russia -- now in paperback!
"A dramatic, powerful narrative and a masterful grasp of life in this vanished world." ~Greg King

Offline Ally Kumari

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
    • Imperial Russia
« Reply #55 on: September 22, 2009, 10:50:11 AM »
Oh! In that case this is the right thread after all. I´m sorry. I lost the track of the posts.

Offline Forum Admin

• Administrator
  • Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 22, 2009, 11:24:51 AM »
I have to admit that this just fascinates me.  I, as some of you may know, have a dwindling interest in the Imperial Family and their fate at this point, but the idea of this woman doing what she did, how the heck she pulled it off and lived it for over 60 years... I almost think it's a better story than if it had really been SHE!!

Ilana clearly means, that to her, the story of how Franzciska pulled off the con for decades and had so many ardent supporters to the charade is even more interesting to her, than if the AA claim had been genuine....

Alixz

« Reply #57 on: September 22, 2009, 02:24:09 PM »
Is someone (Greg & Penny) writing a book about that?  That would be a fantastic read!

Offline Forum Admin

• Administrator
  • Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 22, 2009, 04:32:54 PM »
Is someone (Greg & Penny) writing a book about that?  That would be a fantastic read!

See my post, #46 above...LOL

Alixz

« Reply #59 on: September 23, 2009, 11:09:29 AM »
Thanks for the information.  Sounds very good!