Author Topic: Letters of the Tsar's Family from Captivity/Pis'ma Tsarskoi Sem'i iz Zatocheniia  (Read 1898 times)

Offline ppatane

• View Profile
I bought this book in San Francisco in 1974.It is in Russian published by the Holy Trinity Monastery.  I've never seen it mentioned anywhere.  Has anyone else read it?  Pat
« Last Edit: April 08, 2009, 07:49:02 AM by Sarushka »

Offline Sarushka

• Velikye Knyaz
  • May I interest you in a grain of salt?
    • View Profile
Re: Letters of the Tsar's Family from Captivity
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2009, 12:04:59 PM »
Thanks for bringing this book up, Pat.

I've just received my copy and added a basic record to the APTM Book Finder. I'll post more information when I've had time to browse it closely:

Pis'ma Tsarskoi Sem'i iz Zatocheniia
THE LOST CROWN: A Novel of Romanov Russia -- now in paperback!
"A dramatic, powerful narrative and a masterful grasp of life in this vanished world." ~Greg King

Offline tian79

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2009, 06:59:36 AM »
Sarushka, where did you get your copy?
I'm really interested in this book, according to Atlantis Magazine’s special FOTR issue some of the letters are forgeries.

Offline Sarushka

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2009, 08:48:10 AM »
Sarushka, where did you get your copy?

I got mine on eBay last week. I believe it's out of print, so I'd keep an eye on Bookfinder.com.

[/quote]I'm really interested in this book, according to Atlantis Magazine’s special FOTR issue some of the letters are forgeries. [/quote]

Wow! I haven't translated any of them yet, so I haven't run across anything suspicious myself. Which article in Atlantis mentions the forgeries?
"A dramatic, powerful narrative and a masterful grasp of life in this vanished world." ~Greg King

Offline Sarushka

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2009, 09:52:26 AM »
I've found the relevant articles in Atlantis. However, they don't specify precisely *which* letters attributed to GD Anastasia Nikolaevna are in fact forgeries by Johann Meyer. I've put out a few inquiries -- if I get any specifics, I'll let you know the dates of the letters here and also make a note on the APTM Book Finder record.