Author Topic: Commemoration of Anniversary of Birth  (Read 184029 times)

Offline Douglas

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
Re: Commemoration of Anniversary of Birth
« Reply #240 on: August 12, 2009, 12:50:33 PM »
Your birthday is respectfully membered.   Tsarevich Alexei Nikolaievich.   We'll see you later.  Hugs.

Offline J_Kendrick

• Boyar
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: August 12, 2009, 02:38:45 PM »
See Today's Interfax: http://www.interfax-religion.com/?act=news&div=6327

Tsar Nicholas II's son was dreaming to get the country under control

Moscow, August 12, Interfax - The son of the last Emperor of Russia Nicholas II Crown Prince Alexey who suffered from hemophilia felt concern about his country and wished to get it under control.

"Now I have realized what the lie is. If I became a tsar, no one would ever dare to tell me a lie. I would have gotten the country under control," Prince Alexey told his tutor Pierre Gilliard in Yekaterinburg a few months before his martyr's death.

At that time, Prince Alexey could not walk due to his illness. When the World War I began, Nicholas II took Prince Alexey with him to the General Headquarters. Compared to the tsar's chambers, they led a field life with all resulting risks for the boy who suffered from the disorder of blood coagulation, Rossiya TV reports.

Every day, before Nicholas II left the room for the morning tea when he was reported about the situation at the front, Prince Alexey dressed in a military uniform and holding a gun stood sentry and gave a salute to visiting generals.

Crown Prince Alexey was born 105 years ago, on August 12, 1904.

-30-

Just one observation here with this latest news report from Interfax marking the Tsarevich Alexei's 105th birthday....

The two phrases used in this latest report from Interfax... "suffered from hemophilia" .. and... "suffered from the disorder of blood coagulation".. do not mean the same thing. There are many disorders of "blood coagulation". Hemophilia is only the best known of those many.

... and... as always...

Until someone finally does produce the necessary DNA evidence of that long-suspected faulty Factor VIII gene, I will continue to remind people that the true identity of Alexei's claimed blood disorder still has not been proved. ;-)

С днем рождения! 

Happy Birthday!

JK

« Last Edit: August 12, 2009, 02:43:41 PM by J_Kendrick »

Offline Douglas

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: August 12, 2009, 07:58:20 PM »
I tend to agree with J. Kendrick.  So little was known about blood diseases in 1900.

Since then we know there are many types of blood clotting disorders. Some are more severe than others.  Unless there is a DNA test we will probably never know the type Alexei  suffered from.

We even know the diseases that the ancient pharaohs had and probably  died from.  Their dental problems were severe by today's standards.

Offline Natasya

• I like Russia, history, and Russian history.
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: August 12, 2009, 09:29:06 PM »
Happy Birthday Tsarevich Alexei!
A proof is a proof and when you have a good proof it's because it's prooven.
-Jean Chretien

Offline CorisCapnSkip

• Graf
  • I Love YaBB 2!
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: August 12, 2009, 11:32:38 PM »
Happy 105th birthday to my favorite little prince!

Offline Yelena Aleksandrovna

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
    • *Glitter Of The Past*
« Reply #245 on: September 08, 2009, 05:14:23 PM »
Nearly a month after but... Happy birthday dear Alexei!!!! Rest In Peace

Offline victoriakin

• An Old Photo of My Grandpa, Very Dear.
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: December 29, 2009, 11:53:53 AM »
All that I've read, and everything that I've ever been told, establishes for me that his recorded birthdate was already in the new style, the Gregorian Calendar, so that no adjustment from the Julian Calendar was necessary. I have been told that people using the date in August are three weeks off from the actual date. I guess that's a bit weird, huh? But I think he had his birth in July 1904. For me, I consider that the massacre took place just days prior to that year's birthday.
World Travel Bookings Available from
http://portspecials.com

Offline Sarushka

• Velikye Knyaz
  • May I interest you in a grain of salt?
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: December 29, 2009, 11:59:04 AM »
All that I've read, and everything that I've ever been told, establishes for me that his recorded birthdate was already in the new style, the Gregorian Calendar, so that no adjustment from the Julian Calendar was necessary. I have been told that people using the date in August are three weeks off from the actual date.

That's incorrect. Nicholas II kept his diary according to the old Julian calendar, and Aleksei's birth is noted by the tsar on 30 July. In the west, the date was 12 August. Modern commemorations of the heir's birth should be observed on 12 August.
THE LOST CROWN: A Novel of Romanov Russia -- now in paperback!
"A dramatic, powerful narrative and a masterful grasp of life in this vanished world." ~Greg King

Offline victoriakin

• View Profile
« Reply #248 on: January 08, 2010, 07:19:58 AM »
All that I've read, and everything that I've ever been told, establishes for me that his recorded birthdate was already in the new style, the Gregorian Calendar, so that no adjustment from the Julian Calendar was necessary. I have been told that people using the date in August are three weeks off from the actual date.

That's incorrect. Nicholas II kept his diary according to the old Julian calendar, and Aleksei's birth is noted by the tsar on 30 July. In the west, the date was 12 August. Modern commemorations of the heir's birth should be observed on 12 August.

I wonder why Nicholas II would have kept his diary in the Julian calendar after the conversion had been made under his rulership to the Gregorian? Where is the diary?

Offline Sarushka

• Velikye Knyaz
  • May I interest you in a grain of salt?
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: January 08, 2010, 07:52:28 AM »

I wonder why Nicholas II would have kept his diary in the Julian calendar after the conversion had been made under his rulership to the Gregorian? Where is the diary?

This is also incorrect. Russia remained on the Julian calendar until after the revolution in 1917. That's why the October Revolution isn't called the "November Revolution" -- according to the old Russian calendar which was still in use, the Bolshevik revolution occurred in October.

Nicholas's diary is held at GARF in Moscow. For a short time after the October Revolution he dated his entries with both old and new style dates, then returned to old style.
THE LOST CROWN: A Novel of Romanov Russia -- now in paperback!
"A dramatic, powerful narrative and a masterful grasp of life in this vanished world." ~Greg King

Offline victoriakin

• View Profile
« Reply #250 on: January 08, 2010, 08:42:56 AM »
Well further reading now today shows me that you have good authority for your understanding. But ten years ago the information online was much different. I can't explain my impression as to why it was so easy to see something one year, and the next decade it is gone. Online a decade ago I read on numerous websites that there was no adjustment necessary and that the actual adoption of Gregorian was taken place in 1900 during Nicholas II's rule. Apparently the current information online is not supporting this. Don't build any buildings based on calculus theorems found on the internet.

Offline Gorseheart

• Boyar
    • View Profile
Happy Birthday Tsarevich!
« Reply #251 on: August 12, 2010, 10:52:22 AM »
Whether you paid tribute today (August 12) or July 30, let's all celebrate baby's Birthday! We can leave comments here, and/if/or gifts! There's probably a topic already like this out there, but I just want to hear what you have to say!
"Today is like yesterday and tomorrow will be the same as today.  God, help us! Take pity of us!"~ Tsarevich Alexei Nikolaevich Romanov

Offline Alice_Karadjordjavic

• View Profile
Re: Happy Birthday Tsarevich!
« Reply #252 on: August 12, 2010, 11:02:18 AM »
Happy Birthday Sunbeam, we miss you! ^^ May God protect you little Alyosha!

~Alice Karadjardjavc
"We love Him because He first loved us."~1 John 4:9-10

Offline TroubleTwin2

• Boyar
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: August 12, 2010, 12:20:00 PM »
Happy birthday!  ;D

Offline MademoiselleAndrea

• Knyaz
  • Take me as you find me, all my fears and failures.
    • View Profile
    • Past A La Mode: A Presentation and Celebration of Historical Fashion
« Reply #254 on: August 12, 2010, 12:22:00 PM »
Happy Birthday, Alexei Nicholaevitch!
When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and could say, "I used everything You gave me". --Erma Bombeck