Author Topic: Photos of Nicholas II #1  (Read 173892 times)

Offline Nadya_Arapov

• Graf
    • View Profile
Re: Photos of Nicholas II
« Reply #105 on: March 26, 2008, 07:49:48 AM »
Nicholas and (I believe) Henry of Prussia in Hesse

Nicholas and Ernie. Olga N can be seen in the very back of the car smiling at the camera. During trip to Hesse.

Nicholas and Ernie at Hesse

Nicholas and Ernie at Hesse

Nicholas and Olga at Hesse

Alexei and Nicholas at Hesse

Offline Nadya_Arapov

• Graf
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: March 26, 2008, 07:52:18 AM »

Nicholas with his mother

Nicholas and his sister Olga

Nicholas having a good time with his officers.

Alexandra and Nicholas standing in his chair.

Offline Nadya_Arapov

• Graf
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: March 26, 2008, 07:54:54 AM »
Nicholas at Ai Todor 1914

Nicholas and his mother

Nicholas and the Kaiser

Nicholas, Maria, Tatiana, and Olga

Nicholas Alexei and Derevenko

Offline Kurt Steiner

• Graf
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: March 27, 2008, 07:29:35 AM »
I simply love this thread. The work done here is outstanding. I'm speechless. I must confess that the Tsar, from all the members of the IF, has a special grip on me, so no one can imagine how I enjoy every single photo, anecdote, story, anything, about him.

Offline Nadya_Arapov

• Graf
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: March 27, 2008, 06:17:09 PM »
For your viewing pleasure Kurt. :)

Nicholas with Anna Vyrubova, Olga, and Tatiana.

GD Tatiana, two officers, Nicholas, GD Olga Alexandrovna, GD Maria, another officer. Sledding ca 1907.

At the beach. Maria, Tatiana, Nicholas, Olga, Anastasia. ca 1911-1912

Nicholas and Xenia in Poland ca 1889

Nicholas with GD Mikhail Nikolayevich (Sandro's father) ca 1905

I recognize Nicholas, Dr. Botkin, Ernie, and I think that's Olga at the very back. Picnic in Hesse. 1910

Nicholas after hunting in Poland

With his mother.

GD Olga Alexandrovna, the King of Siam, Maria Feodorovna, Nicholas. ca 1897

Offline Nadya_Arapov

• Graf
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: March 27, 2008, 10:00:06 PM »
Maria Pavlovna (Miechen), Elizabeth Markievna (Mavra), unknown, Alexandra, Olga Alexandrovna, Nicholas, Michael, Boris. Standing on the right in a group of three are Gabriel Konstantinovich, Ioann Konstantinovich, and Andrei Vladimirovich. GD Vladimir stands in the foreground. ca 1905.

Maria Pavlovna, Elizabeth Markievna, unknown, Alexandra, Olga Alexandrovna, Nicholas, Michael, Boris, Ioann, Gabriel, Andrei. GD Vladimir is in the foreground. ca 1905 Was this taken at Krasnoe?

Offline Kurt Steiner

• Graf
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: March 28, 2008, 07:37:04 AM »
Nadya, you've made me happy. Incredible Happy.

I have a silly doubt. I don't remember any pictuore of the Tsar openly laughing. I have seen him smiling, but not laughing. I suppose it was due to his shy nature and his position, but I was wondering about this issue. Perhaps it's something silly, but, alàs, I'm quite silly sometimes ;)

Offline Nadya_Arapov

• Graf
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: March 28, 2008, 09:33:59 PM »
I think there is a picture in some collection of him as a young man laughing with the Mikhailovichi, but I can't remember where I saw it. Perhaps one of the board's more seasoned N&A experts has a copy of the picture I'm thinking of. I believe it was taken at Krasnoe in the 1880s and they were in uniform. I saw it in some book back in the 90s when I was reading everything I could get my hands on about the IF. Sorry to be so vague, but it was years ago. In the picture one of his cousins is either making a funny face or pulling some prank (probably both).

I'm glad you've enjoyed the other pictures. :)

Offline Sarushka

• Velikye Knyaz
  • May I interest you in a grain of salt?
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: March 28, 2008, 10:44:18 PM »
I think there is a picture in some collection of him as a young man laughing with the Mikhailovichi, but I can't remember where I saw it. Perhaps one of the board's more seasoned N&A experts has a copy of the picture I'm thinking of. I believe it was taken at Krasnoe in the 1880s and they were in uniform. I saw it in some book back in the 90s when I was reading everything I could get my hands on about the IF. Sorry to be so vague, but it was years ago. In the picture one of his cousins is either making a funny face or pulling some prank (probably both).

This is the nearest photo I have to what you've described. The fellow next to young Nicholas is having a good laugh...

THE LOST CROWN: A Novel of Romanov Russia -- now in paperback!
"A dramatic, powerful narrative and a masterful grasp of life in this vanished world." ~Greg King

Offline Sarushka

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: March 28, 2008, 10:46:01 PM »
More fun & clowning, but still no laugh from the future tsar:

"A dramatic, powerful narrative and a masterful grasp of life in this vanished world." ~Greg King

Offline Nadya_Arapov

• Graf
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: March 29, 2008, 12:09:09 AM »
Wonderful photos, but not the one I had in mind. These look like they were probably taken a year or two before the one I'm thinking of. He already had a mustache in mine. I wish I could remember the book!

Offline Sarushka

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: March 29, 2008, 08:35:13 AM »
Wonderful photos, but not the one I had in mind. These look like they were probably taken a year or two before the one I'm thinking of. He already had a mustache in mine. I wish I could remember the book!

I just checked through Nicholas II: The Last Tsar, by Marvin Lyons. It seemed the most likely candidate out of my collection, but no luck...

Offline anastasia.prue

• View Profile
« Reply #117 on: March 30, 2008, 05:35:51 AM »

I just checked through Nicholas II: The Last Tsar, by Marvin Lyons. It seemed the most likely candidate out of my collection, but no luck...

I buy this yesterday on amazon. I think its in 2 weeks from usa by me. Im already excited. Thanx for the tip.

Offline Nadya_Arapov

• Graf
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: April 02, 2008, 06:05:31 AM »

Nicholas in cossack uniform 1916

Offline mitia

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: April 04, 2008, 10:04:42 AM »
Thanks Nadya for the 2 group photos circa 1905 with GD Vladimir right in the foreground.....just besides one of Miechen's pied french bulldogs wearing its typical badger collar !!!