Discussions about the Imperial Family and European Royalty > The Greek Royal Family

King George I & Queen Olga (nee Romanov) of Greece Part 1

<< < (53/98) > >>

grandduchessella:
There are a number of them with her longette--I guess she wasn't very vain about showing that she had bad eyesight! I believe that Ella had one as well--there was one up for auction once that I believe was ID'd as having belonged to her--but I don't think I ever saw her in a photo with it.

Eric_Lowe:
Indeed ! I won't not be surpised if Queen Olga had more than one...Ella ? I don't know.  ???

britt.25:
I see much of queen Olga in her son Prince Georg and also her granddaughter Eugenie, I see much for of Olga in her than of Marie Bonaparte. It´s strange. Also in profile. :P

royal_netherlands:

--- Quote from: grandduchessella on December 01, 2006, 10:35:03 PM ---There are a number of them with her longette--I guess she wasn't very vain about showing that she had bad eyesight! I believe that Ella had one as well--there was one up for auction once that I believe was ID'd as having belonged to her--but I don't think I ever saw her in a photo with it.

--- End quote ---

If Im right both Maud and Toria also had a longette, the are pictured with it at the jubilee of their brother in 1935.

Queen Maud at the balcony of Buckingham Palace watching the crowd in the jubilee year 1935. (picture from gdella)

And a bit unclear Princess Victoria (maybe some one has a better version?) with a longette next to Elizabeth Duchess of York and the Duke and Duchess of Kent in 1935.

RN

Eric_Lowe:
Hmmm...I think both Maud & Toria may have short-sightiness that comes with aging. I didn't see them with one as a young woman (like Greek Minny).  ???

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version