Author Topic: Maria photos III  (Read 626023 times)

Offline blessOTMA

• Velikye Knyaz
  • Tell me the truth, monsieur
    • View Profile
    • Stay at Home Artist
Re: Maria photos III
« Reply #360 on: July 26, 2011, 06:58:40 AM »
Yes, that must be it. It's a massive file.

"Give my love to all who remember me."

Olga Nikolaevna

Offline Sunny

• Knyaz
  • Царь Николай, твоё имя - любовь
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: July 26, 2011, 07:32:17 AM »
It was a problem of my pc. Now i'm on my mom's and it works - slowly but works, so it's my pc... it's a wreckage!
Please visit my site
http://thelostworldofnaotmaa.wordpress.com/

Banner courtesy of GD Ally

Offline Grand Duchess Valeria

• Graf
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: July 27, 2011, 01:54:34 PM »
It's a wonderful pic, I have never seen it before...with this pic one can Maria imagine as a loving and caring mother looking down on her sleeping child...
And when he shall die, // Take him and cut him out in little starres, // And he will make the Face of heaven so fine, // That all the world will be in Love with night, // And pay no worship to the Garish Sun.

Offline blessOTMA

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
    • Stay at Home Artist
« Reply #363 on: July 27, 2011, 08:29:40 PM »
Indeed she is Madonna like there. I frankly think Marie was saint like, the female principle in human form..... as well as a merry  girl who liked to look for her favortie officers....it seems one can be both.... Jokingly the Tsar would wonder if Marie  was a wholly human child. But I wonder too . She had something very powerful and extra, that I know. I feel it when I paint her. One of Maria's  biggest problems in life was,  where to put all the love she had to give. She filled every  available space with it. 

Olga Nikolaevna

Offline RHB

• Boyar
  • Four Sisters Always Remembered
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: July 27, 2011, 08:38:02 PM »
Very beautifully said Annie... VERY beautifully said! Maria no doubt had enough love to make the whole world an ocean of it and the world more or less took that for granted especially in the end when her life was taken unnecessarily!
<-- GDAndrea

Live and Die together!

Offline blessOTMA

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
    • Stay at Home Artist
« Reply #365 on: July 28, 2011, 12:27:50 AM »
Thank you  Indeed, when Marie was little she wrote to Alix that no one loved her...Alix said but of course you are loved!....but I feel what Marie meant was no one loved her as she loved others. Not yet realizing her unusal gifts in this  area, it may have felt  to her that  there was lack of love. But  I believe Maria had to learn not to squeeze Alexei too hard and that not everyone had her amazing capacity to love, the latter being the harder lesson. In Tobolsk  Maria  would watch from the window and formed " friendships"  with people she saw  on the street ... people going about their daily lives, and who  never knew they had a good  friend in the Governor's house . 

Olga Nikolaevna

Offline Rodney_G.

• Knyaz
  • an angel .....and the best of them
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: July 28, 2011, 05:20:34 PM »
Indeed she is Madonna like there. I frankly think Marie was saint like, the female principle in human form..... as well as a merry  girl who liked to look for her favortie officers....it seems one can be both.... Jokingly the Tsar would wonder if Marie  was a wholly human child. But I wonder too . She had something very powerful and extra, that I know. I feel it when I paint her. One of Maria's  biggest problems in life was,  where to put all the love she had to give. She filled every  available space with it. 
Thank you  Indeed, when Marie was little she wrote to Alix that no one loved her...Alix said but of course you are loved!....but I feel what Marie meant was no one loved her as she loved others. Not yet realizing her unusal gifts in this  area, it may have felt  to her that  there was lack of love. But  I believe Maria had to learn not to squeeze Alexei too hard and that not everyone had her amazing capacity to love, the latter being the harder lesson. In Tobolsk  Maria  would watch from the window and formed " friendships"  with people she saw  on the street ... people going about their daily lives, and who  never knew they had a good  friend in the Governor's house . 

blessOTMA, I've been trying for about eight years to express what you've said here so perfectly! It's really a remarkable thing that such a minor historical figure can eliciit such a powerful response from people ,almost a century later,  seeing her  childhood or teenage photos or reading a few anecdotes . And yet it's true. She did indeed  have an enormous  capacity to love., and it was noted early in her lifetime. And could be seen in that last photo.
Rodney G.

Offline blessOTMA

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
    • Stay at Home Artist
« Reply #367 on: July 28, 2011, 07:04:55 PM »
blessOTMA, I've been trying for about eight years to express what you've said here so perfectly! It's really a remarkable thing that such a minor historical figure can elicit such a powerful response from people ,almost a century later,....
  Maria was a simple girl and yet so much more.... something very powerful. I'm very aware of it when I paint her...I sometimes have to advert my gaze . But let us believe the evidence of our hearts. Something remarkable and  special was here for a short time almost a  century ago, and I say it's true of all the children....just that Marie is the most obvious....because her  simplicity allowed more to shine though imo. 

Olga Nikolaevna

Offline RHB

• Boyar
  • Four Sisters Always Remembered
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: July 28, 2011, 07:09:20 PM »
It would be hard to imagine that Maria's soft yet shy smile wouldn't make anyone happy to see her! Her beautiful smile and her sweetness should have "pardoned" her as well as her siblings!n How can one not see her smile and see her for the sweetheart and gentle soul that she was? And Annie i don't think anyone could avert their gaze as much as they tried to!  :)
<-- GDAndrea

Live and Die together!

Offline blessOTMA

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
    • Stay at Home Artist
« Reply #369 on: July 28, 2011, 09:30:17 PM »
.... And Annie i don't think anyone could avert their gaze as much as they tried to! 
lol! Indeed she was all you say, amazingly sweet.....But she was powerful too  and after awhile and with the great concentration  that art calls for , at times  her blue laser gaze can get pretty overwhelming...at least that's been my experience  =)

Olga Nikolaevna

Offline Sunny

• Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: July 31, 2011, 12:45:35 AM »
http://romanovs.tumblr.com/post/1213968917 (direct link to a fantastica blog!)
I LOVE Maria's expression here: everyone - expecially OT - is looking at her and she seems frightened! Like she is thinking: "Oh, gosh, EHY are you all looking at ME?"  :D
Please visit my site

Offline Sunny

• Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: July 31, 2011, 01:24:57 AM »
Oh, ok! Hope i understood.
The site is "The love that ended an empire", url http://romanovs.tumblr.com. The photos are from this site, not from me.
My pc with a stong antivirus (my husband is a pc expert, he does all these things for me) says it's completely safe. It's a tumblr blog, and it gave me no problems. Hope thi will help you ^^
Please visit my site

Offline Carolath Habsburg

• Velikye Knyaz
  • As seen on TUMBLR!
    • View Profile
    • Victorian & edwardian roleplay in spanish!
« Reply #372 on: July 31, 2011, 08:57:34 AM »
Sorry if its repeated but i had to post because its lovely

Close up of Maria ´s face

Credits to the one who did this!!!

Courtesy of Grand Duchess Ally

"...Пусть он землю бережет родную, А любовь Катюша сбережет....". Grand Duchess Ekaterina Fyodorovna to Grand Duke Georgiy Alexandrovich. 1914

Join the cause "We want an Ignore button

Offline EmmyLee

• Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: August 17, 2011, 06:23:07 PM »
Maria and Anastasia look like they're trying not to laugh:

Offline MademoiselleAndrea

• Knyaz
  • Take me as you find me, all my fears and failures.
    • View Profile
    • Past A La Mode: A Presentation and Celebration of Historical Fashion
« Reply #374 on: August 17, 2011, 07:10:12 PM »
So finally I know where that photo I always thought was from Tobolsk, for some reason, came from! It's the one where someone whited out the soldiers etc. um...here it is:

I guess I did at one point figure out that it wasn't from Tobolsk, because it's named "naotmaa 1916".
Great picture, it's a little different from the above one. the Little Pair's expressions are cute! It's like they're sharing some sisterly secret joke, or perhaps laughing at a funny-looking person!

When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and could say, "I used everything You gave me". --Erma Bombeck