Author Topic: Maria photos III  (Read 628757 times)

Offline edubs31

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
Re: Maria photos III
« Reply #420 on: September 28, 2012, 01:57:14 PM »
They were all so beautiful.... Olga and Tatiana had a very regal kind of beauty and Anastasia was endearing with her less perfect looks, and Maria´s beauty was very earthy, very simple and honest. Looking into her face one thinks not of grand halls and gilded candleholders, one thinks about a river running throu meadows and wind singing in the trees.

Nice Ally. Well put and I can't say I disagree!

By modern standards Marie has the classic girl next door look to me. Beautiful but in an unassuming way. Tatiana and Olga are more regal looking. Perfect blend of looks and personalities between the four of them...
Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right...

Offline Jen_94

• Knyaz
    • View Profile
    • GrandRoyalPalace
« Reply #421 on: September 28, 2012, 06:52:43 PM »
What a beautiful, clearer version of that photo! Thank you for posting. 

Maria, in my opinion, is the of the most beautiful of the four girls, just in my own opinion. Tatiana had a very regal type of beauty and unique looks. Olga was beautiful too. Anastasia, well, I agree with Ally on that one!

Offline edubs31

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: September 28, 2012, 11:55:22 PM »

Maria, in my opinion, is the of the most beautiful of the four girls, just in my own opinion. Tatiana had a very regal type of beauty and unique looks. Olga was beautiful too. Anastasia, well, I agree with Ally on that one!

We'll never know how the fully developed Anastasia would have looked but I think she was developing into a bit of a stunner right at the point that her life was snatched away from her. Her sisters were already timeless beauties and I think the Imp was carving out her own niche, sadly never fully realized.
Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right...

Offline blessOTMA

• Velikye Knyaz
  • Tell me the truth, monsieur
    • View Profile
    • Stay at Home Artist
« Reply #423 on: September 29, 2012, 07:59:01 PM »
Sara Araújo,  I don't know how I missed your post with that photo of Marie until now...completely breathtaking...really I sometimes think Nichols wasn't joking when he said he worried if she was a human child...

"Give my love to all who remember me."

Olga Nikolaevna

Offline GrandDuchessIsabelle

• Boyar
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: September 30, 2012, 11:56:50 AM »

We'll never know how the fully developed Anastasia would have looked but I think she was developing into a bit of a stunner right at the point that her life was snatched away from her. Her sisters were already timeless beauties and I think the Imp was carving out her own niche, sadly never fully realized.
Agree with this completely...I think Anastasia would have had a more modern, unique beauty about her when she was older and it is so tragic that we will never know.
'Olga is hitting Maria, and Maria is shouting like an idiot. A dragoon and a big idiot.'
Anastasia Nikolaevna 28/10/1914

http://primisafeandsound.tumblr.com/

Offline Jen_94

• Knyaz
    • View Profile
    • GrandRoyalPalace
« Reply #425 on: September 30, 2012, 04:49:51 PM »
Wasn't it said that Anastasia, if she grew up, would have because a great beauty?

Anyone got any new Maria photos to post?

Offline Mandie, the Gothic Empress

• Velikye Knyaz
  • Olga.Tatiana.Maria.Anastasia + Alexei
    • View Profile
    • Romanovs of Russia
« Reply #426 on: October 13, 2012, 11:11:19 PM »
Oh I love that picture! I'd never seen that variation, they all look utterly darling and beautiful...It's so sweet how Olga put her arm sort of protectivley around her little sister in that shoot. Where did you find it?

I found it here http://www.bloomsburyauctions.com/

Here is another photo from the same website. I know the photo is well-known, but I have never seen it so big and clear. Imperial Family in 1899:

does anyone have the other pictures of this series? and what book is it from, just curious. thank you

Offline blessOTMA

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
    • Stay at Home Artist
« Reply #427 on: October 14, 2012, 11:42:50 PM »
Terrific clarity! Thanks!

Olga Nikolaevna

Offline GrandDuchessIsabelle

• Boyar
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: October 20, 2012, 04:05:03 PM »
Wasn't it said that Anastasia, if she grew up, would have because a great beauty?

Anyone got any new Maria photos to post?
I believe it was, one of Alix's ladies who quoted that, but I can't quite remember who. I think Anastasia would have had a more...striking beauty to her sister's classic looks.

Does anyone have a full for this?
'Olga is hitting Maria, and Maria is shouting like an idiot. A dragoon and a big idiot.'
Anastasia Nikolaevna 28/10/1914

http://primisafeandsound.tumblr.com/

Offline Dru

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: October 20, 2012, 05:12:57 PM »
Here you go:

Offline Sarushka

• Velikye Knyaz
  • May I interest you in a grain of salt?
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: October 21, 2012, 08:28:30 AM »

"Perhaps Anastasia Nicolaevna would have grown up the prettiest of the sisters."
~Isa Buxhoeveden, The Life and Tragedy of Alexandra Feodorovna
THE LOST CROWN: A Novel of Romanov Russia -- now in paperback!
"A dramatic, powerful narrative and a masterful grasp of life in this vanished world." ~Greg King

Offline blessOTMA

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
    • Stay at Home Artist
« Reply #431 on: October 21, 2012, 03:30:52 PM »
imo, Anastasia Nicolaevna had an unexpected stateliness about her by 1917 ...that impressed me in her 1917 tree stump photo. She matured during the war amazingly.

Olga Nikolaevna

Offline edubs31

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: October 21, 2012, 04:58:24 PM »
imo, Anastasia Nicolaevna had an unexpected stateliness about her by 1917 ...that impressed me in her 1917 tree stump photo. She matured during the war amazingly.

I agree, and I also think it would have been rather difficult to tell what she may have looked like once she completely stopped developing. I don't believe we saw much of anything from her past the age of 17 in that last month of her life. She still may have had a little ways to go before settling into the physical features that would have defined her 20s and beyond.

I've mentioned before that Anastasia had a lot of physical phases. Much more than her sisters who had more of a predictable trajectory from their pre-adolescent youth onward. Sometimes I look at a photo of her as a 15 or 16 year old and it's hard to believe it's the same person in the next picture I see of her as a 6-8 year old. Just makes her that much more unique and interested to me :-)

Offline Ortipo

• Boyar
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: October 21, 2012, 05:14:01 PM »
For some reason I can see that photo as a painting...
тяв-тяв

Offline edubs31

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: October 21, 2012, 08:03:15 PM »
For some reason I can see that photo as a painting...

Might I direct you to the following then...

http://i792.photobucket.com/albums/yy202/blessOTMA/AP%20Postings%202/APpostImpfull.jpg

And back to Maria now. I feel bad that we are letting her younger sister take over her thread here :-/