Author Topic: Website devoted to Olga Nicholaevna  (Read 11408 times)

Offline TennPat

• Tsarist Russian history is my compelling interest.
    • View Profile
Website devoted to Olga Nicholaevna
« on: May 04, 2004, 12:15:50 AM »
I thought I was familiar with almost everything printed in English regarding Olga Nicholaevna (my favorite Romanov). I stumbled across this website:  
http://www.livadia.org/olishka/

Is the author on this message board? Are most of you familiar with this website.

Thanks for any information you can give.   Pat

Offline nerdycool

• Knyaz
    • View Profile
Re: Website devoted to Olga Nicholaevna
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2004, 03:14:11 AM »
Livadia.org is the second most used Romanov web site I personally use... after this one of course! Believe me, I am waiting very impatiently for the rest of the children's sections to go up. Currently, only Olga's and Maria's are up, and they are both super, so I imagine the rest will be super also. However, I do not know if the webmasters of Livadia.org frequent these boards. I hope they do because they both sound very involved with the Imperial Family and I know I like to learn from people passionate about their subjects.

Offline JM

• Graf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2004, 08:16:55 AM »
I had never seen this website before. It's very good and I like the pictures. I would've never seen it if you hadn't put up the link. Thanks!

Offline BobAtchison

• Knyaz
    • View Profile
    • The Alexander Palace
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2004, 08:58:04 AM »
No updates in 8 months - I wonder what happened to them.  Maybe they ran out of time to support the site... perhaps this praise will encourage them to go back and add more!

Bob

Offline jackie3

• Boyar
  • "...such pig and filth!" - GD Anastasia N.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2004, 11:21:53 AM »
Livadia.org is one of my favorite Romanov sites. I think the Olga and Maria are sections are basically finished and thats probably why they haven't been updated but it's been an awfully long time waiting for the other childrens' scrapbooks to be put up. Every so often there's an update or two but nothing big. But hey like most websites it's a labor of love and not everyone has the free time. I used to have a couple of websites myself that I haven't updated in years.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by jackie3 »

Offline PotatoSoop

• Gotta love Russians!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2004, 01:22:37 PM »
I wonder if it's legal to be in love with someone that died that long ago....LOL   ;D

Janet Whitcomb

« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2004, 02:13:18 PM »
Legal? No longer an issue. But on this website I'd say it's not only permissable and acceptable, but also to be expected!

Offline Merrique

• Knyaz
  • aka Yekaterina Yevgenievna
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2004, 02:35:45 PM »
I agree lividia.org is a great website.I like the way it's put together.I hope they update it soon and put the rest of the childrens pages up,I'm looking forward to seeing them.This site and lividia.org are 2 of the best sites I have found on the web about the Romanovs.They came in very handy with lots of information when my daughter was doing a report on GD Anastasia. :) :D
Don't knock on Death's door....ring the doorbell and run. He hates that.:D

Offline Lanie

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2004, 06:08:13 PM »
Livadia.org is run by my friends and there's just not much to update and they're both busy with RL stuff, sort of like I am with my site (www.livadia.org/trw) but mostly it's because I'm fresh out of ideas.

Offline Arleen

• Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2004, 06:31:37 PM »
Lanie your website is beautiful!!  Keep going......Arleen

Offline JM

• Graf
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2004, 06:38:44 PM »
Superb work. I'm no expert but I did have to design a website for a class. It isn't very fun and I think you deserve a "pat on the back."

BTW, I hate that phrase.

Offline borgia

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2004, 01:10:48 AM »
Its a wonderful,well done  web site.Lots of great photos,that Id never seen before. :)

Offline livadia

• View Profile
    • livadia*org
« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2004, 05:49:03 PM »
Oh my gosh.  Yes, Lianne (Anna) and I are pretty swamped with other crappage.  I rarely have time to update, and Lianne has been very ill over the last couple of years.  

There are some errors I need to fix, and additions to be made, but thanks for the mentions, you guys.  

I recently reuploaded Lianne's 'Who's Missing?' minisite and her tributes to OTMAA.  I think LANIE had volunteered to do Nastya's site (LOL), and Angie and Dasha were going to put something together for the Tsarevich.  

I have sort of inherited Tatiana's section.  

Some day.  I promise.  Yes.  

Offline Abby

• Knyaz
  • July 18th 2005: 87 years
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2004, 09:14:39 PM »
wow, this reminds me of something -- I used to be on some Romanov RPG's, I think they were called Tsarskoe_Selo and Cornflower Blue, and I remember someone named Lianne and someone named Lannie-- are you the same people? I played Marie on one of them, and Irina on the other! I used to have a website called "Romanovs: Russia's Last Martyrs" on go.homepages.com but then they shut down and took my site with 'em  :'(...do you guys know Victoria Bostwell who had the "Grandanor" website?

I'm sorry if this is not the place to be reminiscing! LOL I just couldn't help but remember the names and wonder if you guys remember me. Probably not, it's been a long time ago! But if so, nice to hear from you again!

Offline Michelle

• Knyaz
  • No more school forever! ¬†Well,except college.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 02, 2004, 09:43:12 PM »
Hey Abby, do those two RPG sites still exist (i.e. Tsarskoye Selo and Cornflower Blue)?   If they do, do you think you could post the links?  Thank You!! :)  

I usually go on the panhistoria.com/The Romanovs: One Last Dance RPG to read the novels and planning, but haven't really had time in the past few days. . . :'(  It's getting pretty juicy LOL, but not a whole lot is on there anymore because they just recently recovered from a big virus  :P  So new stuff isn't always posted yet.  Also that little minisite they had, The Ballroom I think it was, isn't on there anymore either.  Maybe they'll put it back up again soon! :D  I was wondering if you ever go on that site too?  It's really cool, and I'd like to visit those other sites you mentioned.