Author Topic: Looking for information on Franklin Mint "Alexandra" Doll  (Read 5569 times)

Offline rjgcpa

• View Profile
Looking for information on Franklin Mint "Alexandra" Doll
« on: May 06, 2009, 02:57:27 PM »
Hi,

I apologize if this is not in the scope of this group.  I am writing for my boss who is the Executor of his late Aunt's estate.  She collected dolls and one of the dolls is a Franklin Mint "Alexandra" doll.  We are looking for information on how to value this doll and possibly sell it.  If anyone here can provide us with any information along these lines, it would be much appreciated.  P.s. We did look it up on the internet and we not able to find any information on it. 

Thank you.

Tammy

Offline Sarushka

• Velikye Knyaz
  • May I interest you in a grain of salt?
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for information on Franklin Mint "Alexandra" Doll
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2009, 04:14:13 PM »
Have you tried eBay? There are a couple auctions there now for Franklin Mint Alexandra dolls in the $100-189 range. I'd keep an eye on those auctions to see what kind of prince the market is bearing now.
THE LOST CROWN: A Novel of Romanov Russia -- now in paperback!
"A dramatic, powerful narrative and a masterful grasp of life in this vanished world." ~Greg King

Offline Stana_Romanov

• View Profile
Re: Looking for information on Franklin Mint "Alexandra" Doll
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2009, 09:08:36 PM »
Greetings Sarushka and Tammy,

Replying to both of you, Sarushka gave good advice to you, Tammy.  On ebay there are a couple of auctions and currently a buy it now option as well.  Some of these auctions are for more than one doll (for example: there is a particular buy it now option for a set of 4 Alexandra dolls in different outfits, priced at $500).  While it seems you are not dealing with a set, it gives some idea what range these are selling for and they generally fall within the price boundary that Sarushka indicated.   I hope that this worked out for you since it has been a couple months.  Good luck otherwise.

Best,

Stana

"You are locked in my heart, the little key is lost and now you must stay there forever."
-Diary entry of Princess Alix

"For the past is past and will never return, the future we know not, and only the present can be called our own."
-Marie Corelli