Author Topic: You know you're obsessed with the Romanovs when... Part 2  (Read 284834 times)

Offline NAOTMAA Fan

• Boyar
  • I love NAOTMAA ....and Holly ...most ardently
    • View Profile
Re: You know you're obsessed with the Romanovs when... Part 2
« Reply #270 on: February 28, 2010, 09:56:22 PM »
You know you're obsessed with the Romanovs when the university you finally decide to attend was partially chosen because it had an entire course on the Romanov Dynasty 1613-1917.
"...I am in Tatiana's room...Olga and Tatiana are here. I am sitting and digging in my nose with my left hand... Olga wanted to slap me but I ran away from her swinish hand..."
-Anastasia Nicholaievna Romanova, May 8th, 1913

Offline Kalafrana

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: March 01, 2010, 03:34:34 AM »
Not Newcastle University? That's one of the options I did on my degree course there.

Offline Jessamy

• View Profile
« Reply #272 on: March 01, 2010, 08:32:40 AM »
You know you're obsessed with the Romanovs when .... you organize your Romanov books on your shelves according to rank!!  I found myself doing this over the weekend.

Offline rosieposie

• Graf
  • Eva Duarte de Peron, May 7 1919 - July 26 1952
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: March 01, 2010, 05:44:28 PM »
lol Jeremy at least your organised, my book cupboard is a MESS.   

YKYOWTRW you ponder what the IF would think of all of us especially on how we talk about them etc or what they think of themselves being protrayed in movies.   Is that a silly suggestion?
Beautiful faithful Nargony.
Thanks Emily!

Miranda:" Everything begins and ends at exactly the right time and place."
"Picnic at Hanging Rock" (1975) Movie.

Offline RHB

• Boyar
  • Four Sisters Always Remembered
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: March 01, 2010, 06:35:38 PM »
YKYOWTRW you ponder what the IF would think of all of us especially on how we talk about them etc or what they think of themselves being protrayed in movies.   Is that a silly suggestion?

lol it took me a while to figure out YKYOWTRW (for that can't figure it out it's You Know You're Obsessed With The Romanovs When)! That was a great abbreviation rosie! Yeah sometimes i wonder what they're thinking up there about us too... sometimes like when we state certain things like maybe about Olga she could be thinking "that is definitely right about me... i think people have done their homework about me well!" lol or something like that anyhow! Who knows really! I think they would go crazy and not in a good way on Nicholas and Alexandra especially i think Tatiana would be upset about that bedroom scene with the guard! And i think they would probably wish that they were portrayed as more than just "wallpaper".... ok now I have one and I'll abbreviate if rosie doesn't mind: YKYOWTRW you realize that you can "rant" on and on about them like nonstop! :)  ;D
<-- GDAndrea

Live and Die together!

Offline rosieposie

• Graf
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: March 02, 2010, 01:39:24 AM »
Hey RBH,

No I don't mind, just thought it would save little time on posting.  :)
Thanks Emily!

Offline Tasia

• Boyar
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: March 02, 2010, 09:17:24 AM »
You know you're obsessed with the Romanov's when you write YKYOWTRW,or ...with the R's when... Oh, when you don't forget to write this phrase XD

Anastasia Spalko

« Reply #277 on: March 02, 2010, 06:41:49 PM »
When you're trying to make it look like you've gotten over your old boyfriend by creating some new mysterious fake guy, and the first name you can come up with is either "Nicholas" or "Alexei" for obvious reasons.

When you realize your mom and friends actually know a lot about the Romanovs even though they don't like history, especially Russian history.  They then explain that the only reason they know so much is because "you won't shut up about it!"

Offline RHB

• Boyar
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: March 02, 2010, 06:50:33 PM »
When you realize your mom and friends actually know a lot about the Romanovs even though they don't like history, especially Russian history.  They then explain that the only reason they know so much is because "you won't shut up about it!"

My friend does that to me sometimes! YKYOWTR when you read your history today subscription in your email and you end up reading "On March 2nd, 1917, Alexander II of Russia abdicated in favor of his brother Michael." instead of "On March 2nd, 1917, Nicholas II of Russia abdicated in favor of his brother Michael." and there's a picture of Nicholas II right next to it! All i could do was laugh.... i saw the photo and then read then read it and i just had to laugh apparently they don't always know their history do they?   ;D
<-- GDAndrea

Live and Die together!

Offline rosieposie

• Graf
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: March 03, 2010, 02:17:26 PM »
[qoute]
My friend does that to me sometimes! YKYOWTR when you read your history today subscription in your email and you end up reading "On March 2nd, 1917, Alexander II of Russia abdicated in favor of his brother Michael." instead of "On March 2nd, 1917, Nicholas II of Russia abdicated in favor of his brother Michael." and there's a picture of Nicholas II right next to it! All i could do was laugh.... i saw the photo and then read then read it and i just had to laugh apparently they don't always know their history do they?   ;D
[/quote]

Hope you emailed them and told them their mistake lol.   :-[  They will be :P

YKYOWTRW   you find yourself attracted to guys with facial hair.  I had a celeb crush on Nicky and a bit on Rasputin in highschool.   Every guy that I have kissed had facial hair although my boyfriend is the only one that has the full beard.
Thanks Emily!

Offline abbigail

• View Profile
« Reply #280 on: March 03, 2010, 03:43:39 PM »
You know you're obsessed with the Romanovs when .... you organize your Romanov books on your shelves according to rank!!  I found myself doing this over the weekend.

Haha! Do you mean according to the ones you like best to the ones you don't like as much? I do that too!

[/quote]

YKYOWTRW   you find yourself attracted to guys with facial hair.  I had a celeb crush on Nicky and a bit on Rasputin in highschool.   Every guy that I have kissed had facial hair although my boyfriend is the only one that has the full beard.
[/quote]

I would agree that this is a good indicator! Lol! I have to ask...what exactly did you see in Rasputin? :D
Yeah, Nicholas was actually pretty attractive when he was young. He looked like someone who I might see in the halls of my school. It's cool.
There is a clock that never strikes...
There is a cathedral that goes down and a lake that goes up...
There is a little carriage abandoned in the copse...
There is a troupe of little actors in costume...
And when you are hungry or thirsty, there is someone who drives you away.

Offline rosieposie

• Graf
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: March 03, 2010, 04:56:25 PM »
The eyes Abbigail. That is what drew me to stick photocopied images the inside of my folder. LOL.  Oh and as many pics of Nicky as I could, while others were swooning over the BackStreetBoys and Hanson etc I had Nicky :p

YKYOWTRW you watch a lot of tribute videos on youtube.
Thanks Emily!

Offline RHB

• Boyar
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: March 03, 2010, 05:04:10 PM »
The eyes Abbigail. That is what drew me to stick photocopied images the inside of my folder. LOL.  Oh and as many pics of Nicky as I could, while others were swooning over the BackStreetBoys and Hanson etc I had Nicky :p

Good one... though honestly as much as i liked bsb and kinda still do (ah the classics) i never really got the big deal with hanson to me they were like "whatever" now NSYNC on the other hand well hey i was young though yes Nicholas was very attractive younger!  :)  ;)

YKYOWTRW you watch a lot of tribute videos on youtube.

I couldn't agree more with that statement!  ;D
<-- GDAndrea

Live and Die together!

Offline rosieposie

• Graf
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: March 03, 2010, 05:42:14 PM »
YKYOWTRW you see a Russian wedding tri-ring and beg your boyfriend to get it  you slip it onto your right ring finger without telling him what it symbolises.  (Because Alix most likely had one)

When my cousin found out that my boyfriend got me my tri-ring,  she goes OMG are you seriously engaged?   He said no and I said no with a silly grin on my face.

Thanks Emily!

Offline Katya90

• View Profile
« Reply #284 on: March 03, 2010, 08:57:39 PM »
YKYOWTRW you have a friend named Anastasia, and you have to stop yourself from pronouncing her name the Russian way. (I almost did this tonight and was waiting for everyone to look at me strangely)