Author Topic: You know you're obsessed with the Romanovs when... Part 2  (Read 300653 times)

Offline Carolath Habsburg

• Velikye Knyaz
  • As seen on TUMBLR!
    • View Profile
    • Victorian & edwardian roleplay in spanish!
Re: You know you're obsessed with the Romanovs when... Part 2
« Reply #90 on: January 25, 2010, 10:54:42 PM »
Well..i gotta say im kind of glad to find this place cause i learned a lot about Nicholas II and family. When i arrived here  i had a very "romantic" view about the Romanovs but i read a lot and learned that not everything was as i imagined it. (Example, i 100% loved Nicjholas, now i love him 50%. i find him a very mediocre tsar)

Thanks this forum i learned moire about other lesser known Romanov and im enjoying it...but...about the question of this topic...

No, im not obssesed, but, everytime someone talks abuot faberge egss , the movie "Anastasia"(Boooring for me.. and personally..the worst movie of Disney) or  Rasputin, i  give to my friend a whole lesson about the truth of thr story and they love it cause i have a very fon way to tell stories xDDD (sadly in spanish so i can give a freebie over here xDDD )

Courtesy of Grand Duchess Ally

"...Пусть он землю бережет родную, А любовь Катюша сбережет....". Grand Duchess Ekaterina Fyodorovna to Grand Duke Georgiy Alexandrovich. 1914

Join the cause "We want an Ignore button

Offline RHB

• Boyar
  • Four Sisters Always Remembered
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: January 25, 2010, 11:16:16 PM »
You know you're obsessed when...
- You've attempted to get your hairstyle like Tatiana's in the 1914 formal pics (I had some success with this one, but I think it's impossible to duplicate that effect with the headband. If I try it I just look silly!)
- You've learned a small amount of Russian simply because of your interest in them, and want to take classes to learn more, even though you are already deep into learning a completely different language!

YES! My hair is long and annoying to take care of... so i want to go it you can all probably guess get it bobbed though I'm not quite sure about putting a ribbon or whatever in it though! In fact i was even thinking of (when i can go) bringing a photo of Tatiana and say probably like "bobbed kinda like this please?" i just have 2 go through for a good "1914 bobbed" photo! I'm trying to learn Russian through the Google translator because it has the "romanization" of the "symbols" though i highly doubt I'm doing very well hmm oh well at least it's a try right?  ;D
<-- GDAndrea

Live and Die together!

Offline Tasia

• Boyar
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: January 26, 2010, 08:15:26 AM »
That's neat, Tasia! Lol, I wish me and my friends could do that...I don't have any friends who are in any way into history :( Unfortunately...
Me neither ! :/
But I'll explain:
 I have just said to my them,
- Hey! Let's make a group and its name will be LLS (our name's initial letters and from the eldest to the youngest)! Just like Olga, Tatiana, Maria and Anastasia!
They were just like: - What?
But it have* worked ^^'.

Edit: Has worked (haha). ^^""
« Last Edit: January 26, 2010, 08:18:31 AM by Tasia »

Offline Katya90

• View Profile
« Reply #93 on: January 26, 2010, 04:57:57 PM »
YES! My hair is long and annoying to take care of... so i want to go it you can all probably guess get it bobbed though I'm not quite sure about putting a ribbon or whatever in it though! In fact i was even thinking of (when i can go) bringing a photo of Tatiana and say probably like "bobbed kinda like this please?" i just have 2 go through for a good "1914 bobbed" photo! I'm trying to learn Russian through the Google translator because it has the "romanization" of the "symbols" though i highly doubt I'm doing very well hmm oh well at least it's a try right?  ;D
lol, I just learned most of the Russian characters through Wikipedia! They list what each one is supposed to sound like, so from there I just sounded out a lot of Russian words until I could recognize a lot of ones attached to the Imperial Family without doing so. But that's just about the extent of my knowledge. :P
As for the hair, mine is naturally wavy, so I just got it cut short without specifying a style, and most days it curves somewhat like Tatiana's on it's own. (Not nearly as nicely as hers though!)

Offline Tasia

• Boyar
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: January 26, 2010, 05:01:32 PM »
Cool, Katya! xD
My hair is naturally curly too, and I love my hair (when he's good, of course). x)

Offline RHB

• Boyar
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: January 26, 2010, 05:08:15 PM »
When you want to make a photo album full of OTMA photos. I have a small album that fits 100 photos and i already find it very hard to pick just 100 which is why i want to get a bigger album/ some bigger albums!  8)
<-- GDAndrea

Live and Die together!

Offline Tasia

• Boyar
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: January 26, 2010, 05:14:54 PM »
Cool! I've an album of NAOTMAA it doesn't fits a lot of photos because I just put the ones I like the most !! Hehe

Offline MademoiselleAndrea

• Knyaz
  • Take me as you find me, all my fears and failures.
    • View Profile
    • Past A La Mode: A Presentation and Celebration of Historical Fashion
« Reply #97 on: January 26, 2010, 06:06:08 PM »
I am planning to make a Romanov album too, but not in a store-bought album because of size, most albums are all either 6'' by 4'' or 5'' by 7'' and not all my pictures will fit! so i'm planning to make a booklet with poster board for the covers and tie white pages in to put the pictures on.
When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and could say, "I used everything You gave me". --Erma Bombeck

Offline Katya90

• View Profile
« Reply #98 on: January 26, 2010, 09:20:49 PM »
Here's one I forgot: When everyone else chooses your university because the Victorian-era castle on campus makes them feel like they're in Harry Potter, but you chose it because you pretend NAOTMAA could've lived there!

Anastasia Spalko

« Reply #99 on: January 27, 2010, 07:14:02 PM »
You know you're obsessed when you're studying something like Africa or Asia, and you manage to tie it to the Romanovs in some amazingly crazy way. (ex: Zaire/ Democratic Republic of the Congo-> Belgian Congo-> Stephanie of Belgium-> Rudolph of Austria-> Empress Sissi-> Bavaria-> Germany-> Alexandra-> NAOTMAA

Offline Tasia

• Boyar
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: January 27, 2010, 07:18:23 PM »
Thanks this forum i learned moire about other lesser known Romanov and im enjoying it...but...about the question of this topic...

No, im not obssesed, but, everytime someone talks abuot faberge egss , the movie "Anastasia"(Boooring for me.. and personally..the worst movie of Disney) or  Rasputin, i  give to my friend a whole lesson about the truth of thr story and they love it cause i have a very fon way to tell stories xDDD (sadly in spanish so i can give a freebie over here xDDD )
[/quote]

The movie "Anastasia" was made by 20th Century Fox, not by Disney, Katenka!! XD
I had doubts too, if were Disney or not xD! I found it very cool, but a movie that scapes the reallity. But I still adore it XD.
Cool, Katya!! I look to old houses here in Brazil and pretend that some people from the 1900 could have lived there! :D
And that's true Ekaterina! I do this too.

Offline Katya90

• View Profile
« Reply #101 on: January 27, 2010, 08:07:09 PM »
Haha, I always correct people about the Anastasia movie not being Disney too. I bet the Disney execs were sweating a little when they saw it though, because it's such a good copy of their format!

Here's one: Whenever you hear the 1812 Overture used in tv shows/commercials, you always think about how they're playing 'God Save The Tsar' without even realizing it.

Offline blessOTMA

• Velikye Knyaz
  • Tell me the truth, monsieur
    • View Profile
    • Stay at Home Artist
« Reply #102 on: January 27, 2010, 11:41:40 PM »
Here's one: Whenever you hear the 1812 Overture used in tv shows/commercials, you always think about how they're playing 'God Save The Tsar' without even realizing it.
Good one! lol!

"Give my love to all who remember me."

Olga Nikolaevna

Offline RHB

• Boyar
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: January 28, 2010, 06:40:53 PM »
Sometimes when bored i look at OTMA photos and play a game i call "Spot the Gold Bracelet" i actually haven't played it in a while so now it kinda sounds tempting to do so!  :D  :)
<-- GDAndrea

Live and Die together!

Offline abbigail

• View Profile
« Reply #104 on: January 28, 2010, 07:04:20 PM »
Sometimes when bored i look at OTMA photos and play a game i call "Spot the Gold Bracelet" i actually haven't played it in a while so now it kinda sounds tempting to do so!  :D  :)

Lol! I always looks for rings in NAOTMAA photos.
There is a clock that never strikes...
There is a cathedral that goes down and a lake that goes up...
There is a little carriage abandoned in the copse...
There is a troupe of little actors in costume...
And when you are hungry or thirsty, there is someone who drives you away.