Author Topic: Help! A.G Borischenko - photographer?  (Read 2680 times)

Student of History

Help! A.G Borischenko - photographer?
« on: November 07, 2009, 06:56:44 PM »
Hello!
I am just wondering if anyone has come across a gentleman by the name of A.G Borichenko (or a similar spelling)?  He was possibly a photographer, maybe even an actor...  Under his name is written what looks like the word that looks like 'Karmenb' and the date 1913.
I am assuming (possibly incorrectly) that this translates to 'Kagmin' in english ... although I am not sure what it means as I don't speak Russian from reading through previous posts, I am assuming he is Ukranian. 
Can anyone help please?
Many thanks in advance,
SOH

Offline Svetabel

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
    • http://svetabella.livejournal.com/
Re: Help! A.G Borischenko - photographer?
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2009, 04:11:56 AM »
I think you are talking about Alexei Grigorievitch Borisenko (1868-1941), who was a well-known opera tenor. One of his best roles was "Jose" in "Carmen". And the 'Karmenb' of the date 1913  is "Carmen", famous opera.

Student of History

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2009, 03:32:15 PM »
Thank you Svetabel! And apologies to the Moderator for posting the original in the wrong place!
I have just done a search in Google and l found my post!  Would be have performed with the Bolshoi by any chance? Would you be able to suggest anywhere I might find some more information on A.G Borichenko please?
Many thanks in advance.

Offline Svetabel

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
    • http://svetabella.livejournal.com/
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2009, 12:45:37 AM »
Thank you Svetabel! And apologies to the Moderator for posting the original in the wrong place!
I have just done a search in Google and l found my post!  Would be have performed with the Bolshoi by any chance? Would you be able to suggest anywhere I might find some more information on A.G Borichenko please?
Many thanks in advance.

I found info on him googling in Russian.

Student of History

« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2009, 12:58:04 AM »
And therein lies my problem... I don't speak Russian!  Thank you anyway.