Author Topic: Death of former Premier I. L. Goremykin  (Read 7939 times)

TxKiev

Death of former Premier I. L. Goremykin
« on: September 30, 2009, 05:36:28 PM »
I had read conflicting reports about what happened to Goremykin after the Revolution . I found in an Article in the January 2008 issue of the Sarmatian Review, a reprint of a 1921 article on Witte, Stolypin and Goreynkin , written by Ferdinand Ossendowski -----the author had been in Sochi in late 1917 ---he reports that Goremykin, his wife and son-in-law were all murdered by a gang of Bolshevik sailors, who also  wounded his daughter who was ''saved afterwards''.

Offline Belochka

• Velikye Knyaz
  • City of Peter stand in all your splendor - Pushkin
    • View Profile
Re: Death of former Premier I. L. Goremykin
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2009, 05:14:51 AM »
Ivan Goremykin and his wife were murdered by a bunch of bolsheviks who attacked his home in December, 1917, outide of Sochi.

One Russian language source asserted that Goremykin's daughter and her husband died in the same incident.

More recently, in 2008, academician D. Kotsuibinsky commented that Goremykin's daughter had survived.

Margarita

Faces of Russia is now on Facebook!

http://www.searchfoundationinc.org/

Alexandre_029

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2009, 01:57:27 PM »
Further details are contained in present Sochi Police Archives (Goremykin lived in his cottage/estate near Sochi since summer 1917; on 11/24 December 1917 a band of robbers - not political one, just robbing - attacked the cottage and plundered it; Goremykin, his wife and his daughter's husband were killed, his daughter has really survived). In december 1917 - january 1918 Militia of Sochi (non-Bolshevist one, but organized earlier by Provisional Government) under its chef N. Sokolsky tried to find those robbers; but at January 5 of 1918 Soviet power was established in Sochi and new Militia was organized which didn't try to continue Sokolsky's attempt. Nevertheless in early 1920-es Soviet Militia arrested some bandits from local robber groups, and among them - just those  robbers who had plundered Goremykin's cottage and killed him. See
http://suvd.ru/history_uvd/ (official communication of present Sochi Police).

Offline LisaDavidson

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2009, 05:38:43 PM »
Rather sad that the successor government is so thuggish it can't easily be distinguished from common criminals!

Alexandre_029

« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2010, 09:52:03 AM »
It _can be_. Common criminals would never have murdered and robbed so great numbers of people.