Author Topic: Where were the Imperial Family's bodies found?  (Read 9074 times)

Offline ZackFaire13

• Soli Deo Gloria
    • View Profile
Where were the Imperial Family's bodies found?
« on: January 02, 2010, 12:05:25 AM »
I know that Alexi and Marie (or was it Anastasia?) were found in a seperate location. But what were the two locations?

Offline Tasia

• Boyar
    • View Profile
Re: Where were the Imperial Family's bodies found?
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2010, 07:08:07 AM »
hEY, zACK!
I know that Alexei and Maria (they tought that was Anastasia, but the one with Alexei was taller) were found in a separete place, but I forgot the name of the places that the IF, Alexei, Maria and the servants were found !!(sorry, haha ^-^")

Offline Forum Admin

• Administrator
  • Velikye Knyaz
  • www.alexanderpalace.org
    • View Profile
    • Alexander Palace Time Machine
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2010, 10:27:41 AM »
Go read the other threads in this section and you will find your answers, especially the ones dealing with the remains.

I know you're new here, but we encourage people to research their questions BEFORE asking, as many many questions have already been answered and we don't want to clutter up the forum with the same questions over and over.

Offline ZackFaire13

• Soli Deo Gloria
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2010, 12:01:54 PM »
Completely understandable. Sorry for the newbish mistake.
 And I did find my answer! Thanks, guys.

Naslednik Norvezhskiy

« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2010, 11:22:10 AM »
I've been doing a bit of research with the help of our wonderful forum, Google maps, Wikipedia, Google Translate (so even in Russian!) etc. so I have a very good general idea of where the IF was buried. Nevertheless I find it rather odd that I haven't found any websites or maps that present the whole picture, i.e. Ekaterinburg, Pigs Meadow, Four Brothers Mine, Ganina Yama, Koptyaki etc. - the whole area between Ekaterinburg and Lake Iset - as a kind of integrated saints' landscape or pilgrims' route to retrace the last route of the Royal Martyrs. Even information about the exact location of the wonderful shrine at Ganina Yama Monastery is very hard to find. I was surprised, because I imagined that if there was any tourism in Ekaterinburg, it would rely heavily on "pilgrimage package tours".

If anybody can point me to any such resource, I would be grateful.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2010, 11:35:18 AM by Fyodor Petrovich »

Offline LisaDavidson

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2010, 03:22:00 PM »
I've been doing a bit of research with the help of our wonderful forum, Google maps, Wikipedia, Google Translate (so even in Russian!) etc. so I have a very good general idea of where the IF was buried. Nevertheless I find it rather odd that I haven't found any websites or maps that present the whole picture, i.e. Ekaterinburg, Pigs Meadow, Four Brothers Mine, Ganina Yama, Koptyaki etc. - the whole area between Ekaterinburg and Lake Iset - as a kind of integrated saints' landscape or pilgrims' route to retrace the last route of the Royal Martyrs. Even information about the exact location of the wonderful shrine at Ganina Yama Monastery is very hard to find. I was surprised, because I imagined that if there was any tourism in Ekaterinburg, it would rely heavily on "pilgrimage package tours".

If anybody can point me to any such resource, I would be grateful.

Not only that, but the Romanov Family has been informed that the church intends to tear up the location where the bodies were found by April 2010. I wish we could all get on planes and fly there to be a human shield against the destruction of what for many people is sacred ground.

FP, I have a friend who tour there. I would suggest contacting the nuns, who love the IF, and Avdonin's organization for tour info. But, plan on going sooner rather than later.

Offline EmmyLee

• Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2010, 06:24:11 PM »
Lisa, what are they planning on doing with the land? Developing it?

Offline LisaDavidson

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2010, 01:08:54 AM »
Lisa, what are they planning on doing with the land? Developing it?

Yes, ironically, they want to develop it as a cemetery. But, there are still many missing bones and effects there that the Church is planning on plowing under. I'll look for the info they were sent to destroy the burial site.

Offline EmmyLee

• Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2010, 03:32:34 PM »
Interesting. Thank you for the news, Lisa.

Offline rosieposie

• Graf
  • Eva Duarte de Peron, May 7 1919 - July 26 1952
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2010, 01:14:38 AM »
Thanks for that Lisa,  hope they can give archologists time to at least finish surveying before leaving the site alone.  Yeah pretty ironic about the cemertry.
Beautiful faithful Nargony.
Thanks Emily!

Miranda:" Everything begins and ends at exactly the right time and place."
"Picnic at Hanging Rock" (1975) Movie.

Naslednik Norvezhskiy

« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2010, 12:01:12 PM »
It really is a kind of lèse-majesté if they want to attract people to be buried in the same place as the IF!

FP, I have a friend who tour there. I would suggest contacting the nuns, who love the IF, and Avdonin's organization for tour info. But, plan on going sooner rather than later.
I don't really want to go there. I am tempted to travel in the Russian countryside, but then I think I would choose a region that is more rural and not so industrial as the Ekaterinburg area. A place with really massive, endless forests.

I think I have located the two places now:
Ganina Yama is 2,5 km north of the northernmost Ekaterinburg suburb / village of Shuvakish, between the Iset and the Serovskiy Trakt (P-352 highway), next to the railway, on the road leading to Kirpichnyy and Koptyaki 4km further north and Sredneuralsk.. Exact coordinates: 56° 56′ 32″ N, 60° 28′ 24″ E

Pig's Meadow is ca. 1 km southeast of Shuvakish, with the exact coordinates 56° 54′ 40.91″ N, 60° 29′ 43.56″ E, right?

« Last Edit: March 19, 2010, 12:14:45 PM by Fyodor Petrovich »

Offline nena

• Velikye Knyaz
  • But every spring smells like you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2010, 05:24:15 AM »
I think the visual map is always better.

(hint - on the 1st photo, No #2 labels the exact place of digging the bodies up, and the 2nd one shows wider plan of Koptyaki Forest)
-Ars longa, vita brevis -
Mathematics, art and history in ♥

Naslednik Norvezhskiy

« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2010, 10:32:09 AM »
(hint - on the 1st photo, No #2 labels the exact place of digging the bodies up, and the 2nd one shows wider plan of Koptyaki Forest)
Thanks. I think I understand: No #2 in the left map shows where they buried first, close to Ganina Yama. And the second, right map shows the exact location near Shuvakish of Pig's Meadow with the main reburial site and the other site where Alexei and Maria were found.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2010, 10:35:13 AM by Fyodor Petrovich »

Offline Tasia

• Boyar
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2010, 03:01:17 PM »
Interesting!!!

Offline EmmyLee

• Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 22, 2010, 10:05:24 PM »
Thank you Nena! I had always pictured the Koptyaki Forest larger than it appears there. I guess it probably was at the time of the burial and the development has been creeping closer into the area.