Author Topic: ROYAL BLOG: PRINCE MICHAEL BIDS TO CLEAR GEORGE V'S NAME OVER TSAR'S DEATH  (Read 4220 times)

Offline Carisbrooke

• Boyar
    • View Profile
Re: ROYAL BLOG: PRINCE MICHAEL BIDS TO CLEAR GEORGE V'S NAME OVER TSAR'S DEATH
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2010, 07:02:40 AM »
   After viewiing the clip, I thought the whole programme would be devoted to the failed rescue mission, but this was not to be. It soon reverted to the usual Nat Geo murder reconstruction format we've seen so many times before. It is worth seeing though, as it included lots of interesting footage that was new to me at least. On the whole I found "Mystery Files;The Romanovs" informative, even with the repetition.
      Thanks for posting the link, I'm sure I would have missed the programme otherwise.                               

Offline EmmyLee

• Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2010, 06:04:51 PM »
Interesting about the airplane plot. I hadn't heard that before.

Offline Carisbrooke

• Boyar
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2010, 02:03:45 AM »
   I think I've seen the plane escape plot talked of on past threads, though this is the first time I've really head it mentioned as a definite proposal. As was stated on the programme, the storming of Ipatiev House would have resulted in a bloodbath. In hindsight I think it would have been a risk worth taking, because as we know there was a bloodbath anyway. The plan was "aborted" of course, (not "failed", my mistake), though I wonder who pulled the plug?
    To get back to the link, I believe Prince Michael of Kent was trying to dispel the myth that George V had abandoned the IF to their fate. Emphasizing every effort had been made to secure their release, right up to the very last minute. Including this bizarre escape plan.