Author Topic: Empress Elisabeth, Part IV  (Read 370099 times)

Offline Madame-Sisi

• Boyar
  • Eine Möve Bin ich von Keinem land..
    • View Profile
Re: Empress Elisabeth, Part IV
« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2009, 03:48:41 PM »
the left is a normal body and the right one that weares corsets during their life
so that is one of the answers on why her waist was so small.

It's shocking!, the body and the skeletal structure are completely deformed, I wonder how it was possible to breath with those "traps"...and this was considered "beauty" ?  :o

sometimes i read in stories about people in those time who had it hard to breath...

i find it pretty but not when its super small... a bit more fat is ok but not so tiny waist.. but i like the stucture somehow

aor

« Reply #16 on: August 29, 2009, 07:01:03 PM »
I think that's the reason Recamiers or 'fainting couches' came into fashion....... :P
To get the body that deformed, a woman would have to 'live' in a tight laced corset 24/7. Obsessions are strange things.....

Offline Yelena Aleksandrovna

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
    • *Glitter Of The Past*
« Reply #17 on: September 07, 2009, 11:00:53 AM »
I saw in the school a few draws about the history of the underwear, I saw one pic similar than the one that Sissi posted, the body was completely changed.
You will think that I'm crazy but I like the figure of the ladies that wear corsets.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2009, 11:02:42 AM by Kaiserin Alzbeta Sissi »

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
    • *Glitter Of The Past*
« Reply #18 on: September 07, 2009, 07:07:57 PM »
Sissi was really obsessed with her figure, I know that she could walk for hours and hours and she didn't look tired,
I knew that Sissi said something like this: "When I go for a walk some of my ladies try to accompain me, but at last
they finish tired and surely angry with me, the crazy lady of the powdery ways" Excuse me for the translation, the original one was
in Spanish. And I also read that she dind't like to sit down.

Offline miki_nastya

• Boyar
  • Love and respect the animals
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 14, 2009, 07:20:44 AM »
 I've never heard of this. Could you tell us why?
otmabannertt0.jpg

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
    • *Glitter Of The Past*
« Reply #20 on: September 14, 2009, 06:20:17 PM »
Really I don't know, I just heard that she disliked to sit down

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
    • *Glitter Of The Past*
« Reply #21 on: September 14, 2009, 06:50:57 PM »
I also forgot to say that I read that the Empress Sissi practiced gymnastics for keep her perfect figure. Here something that I read: She (Sissi) woke up really early and took a shower with cold water although this wasn’t good for her rheumatism, after she did intense gymnastics till she was completely tired and after she drank orange juice for breakfast. And other thing that I read, of course I’m not sure, that Sissi invited girls who worked on the circus to show her their exercises for have a beautiful body, for that reason the people criticized her very much. 

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
    • *Glitter Of The Past*
« Reply #22 on: September 16, 2009, 08:32:27 PM »
According to what I read in the Reluctant Empress, they were somewhat attatched early in their marriage.  However, that soon fell apart, at least from Sisi's side.  When Victoria of Prussia visited them, she described how Franz Josef hung on his wife's every word and was completely infatuated with her.  Sisi, in Victoria's opinion, did not reciprocate those feelings, at least not to the same degree.

I've never read something like this! Thank you! Is well known that FJ loved Sissi more than Sissi loved
him, if Sissi really loved him. I read that when FJ knew that Sissi was dead, he said "no one will never know how much I loved her".
About Archduchess Sophie, I knew that she didn't consider Sissi prepared to become an Empress, perhaps for
her education, Nene was better prepared than Sissi. About Marie Valerie, that's just a rumour about that she was daughter
of Andrassy.

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
    • *Glitter Of The Past*
« Reply #23 on: September 21, 2009, 07:29:53 PM »
Do you know how many platonic loves did Sissi have?

Offline miki_nastya

• Boyar
  • Love and respect the animals
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 19, 2009, 02:02:53 PM »
 Did Sisi ever called Franz Joseph, Franzi? I read somewhere that this was his nikename
otmabannertt0.jpg

aor

« Reply #25 on: October 19, 2009, 04:02:17 PM »
I think it was Franzl, in English Franzi (little Franz). You will see this 'shortening' on Elisabeth as Liesl, Sopie as Sopherl etc. used in South Germany and Austria.

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
    • *Glitter Of The Past*
« Reply #26 on: October 20, 2009, 02:41:54 PM »
I didn't know how was called Franz Joseph. Do you know if Sissi called him as this way or other?

Offline Svetabel

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
    • http://svetabella.livejournal.com/
« Reply #27 on: February 07, 2010, 12:51:40 AM »
Part IV.

And a brief reminder as usual:

1. Don't double the pictures, look through the old posts and topics. Post the same picture if the old one was watermarked for example, and you have a clear version, or if the old one was smaller or blurry...
2. Don't quote large pictures. This request is as old as our Alexander Palace Forum, Forum Admin many times explained why we should not quote large photos. It makes a page slower for download and this is a problem for posters who don't have a speedy I-net connection. Especially it looks annoying when someone quotes larger-than-life picture just to say something exciting as "Wow, great piccie! Never seen" and such like.
If you do need to quote a large picture for a discussion when while quoting you can change by yourself img brackets into url brackets inside the quote.

YaBB_Jose

« Reply #28 on: February 07, 2010, 12:03:33 PM »
Two statues of Sissi I came across last Summer.
Sorry I cannot post my photos but I found these:

1. Geneva in front of Hotel Beau Rivage, where she was murdered:
http://travel.webshots.com/photo/2574472620059582423mbcuZv

2. Montreux
http://www.lake-geneva-region.ch/en/page.cfm/cultureheritage/celibrities/Sissi

Anastasia Spalko

« Reply #29 on: February 07, 2010, 06:30:49 PM »
Oh, I love the one in Geneva.  It's my favorite.  I'm just kind of freaked out about how much she reminds me of the "Other Mother" in the movie Coraline (the fact they kind of stretched her out, e.g.)