Author Topic: Meshchersky Genealogy help please...  (Read 4389 times)

Offline RussT.

• View Profile
Meshchersky Genealogy help please...
« on: February 22, 2010, 11:10:11 AM »
I am just getting started on my quest to find my genealogy.  I am already looking for a little help.  I know that my great grandmother was Elisabetta Sergeevna Meshcherskaya.  Her fathers name (my great great grandfather) was Sergei Meshchersky. And her mother's name (my great great grandmother) was Ekaterina.  I also know that Elisabetta Meshchersky married Micheal Kousminsky (Tatyana Behr's youngest son.)

I am looking for more info on both Sergei, and Ekaterina and any info leading up to them.  Anything will help....

Thank you!   

Offline Mike

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
    • Erast Fandorin Museum
Re: Meshchersky Genealogy help please...
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2010, 12:42:01 PM »
You dont't mean - do you - that your great great grandmother was Tatiana Behrs-Kuzminskaya, the prototype of Leo Tolstoy's Natasha Rostova?!

Offline RussT.

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2010, 09:16:40 PM »
Yes..... That's the one.

Offline RussT.

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2010, 12:57:34 PM »
I have since come across some papers addressing my great grandmother (Elisabetta Sergeevna Meshcherskaya) as Princess.  I have found out that when she fled to China during the revolution, she received her nursing certificate thru the Red Cross.  I also found out that she was imprisoned by the Chinese for working against the Chinese Government during World War 2. She was released in the 1950's.  She then came America. 

It is my understanding that she was well known in China.

If anyone knows anything or has any more information, I would love to hear it.....

Thank you!
« Last Edit: April 11, 2010, 01:01:32 PM by RussT. »

Offline David Pritchard

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2011, 05:09:16 PM »
Without a date of birth for the father or at the very least, a patronymic, it would be very difficult to determine which Prince Sergei Meschersky was her father. There were four Sergeis born to the first branch of the family and two more Sergeis from the third branch of the family born in the 19th century.

Offline Nadya_Arapov

• Graf
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2011, 08:53:29 PM »
I know that my great grandmother was Elisabetta Sergeevna Meshcherskaya.  Her fathers name (my great great grandfather) was Sergei Meshchersky. And her mother's name (my great great grandmother) was Ekaterina.  I also know that Elisabetta Meshchersky married Micheal Kousminsky (Tatyana Behr's youngest son.)

Thank you!   

Hi Russ,

There was a Prince Sergei Borisovich Meshchersky (b. 4 November 1852) who married Princess Ekaterina Semenovna Abamelik-Lazareva (b. 20 Aug 1856) in 1879. I don't know if they were your ancestors, but their children would have been about the same age as Tatyana Behrs Kuzminsky's son, Mikhail; he was born ca. 1875 and died ca. 1938.

Good luck with your research!