Author Topic: The Missing Bodies  (Read 138627 times)

Offline AGRBear

• Velikye Knyaz
  • The road to truth is the best one to travel.
    • View Profile
    • Romanov's  Russia
Re: The Missing Bodies
« Reply #390 on: October 08, 2007, 05:55:44 PM »
Anyone have the date of the photo?

Perhaps someone has a better photo  I could use to measure their height with their father.

AGRBear
"What is true by lamplight is not always true by sunlight."

Joubert, Pensees, No. 152

Offline AGRBear

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
    • Romanov's  Russia
« Reply #391 on: October 08, 2007, 05:59:51 PM »
There's also no way of knowing if in an outdoor photo if everyone is standing on level ground. There's little way of knowing if someone was wearing a higher heeled shoe.

The four grand duchesses appear to have been roughly between 5'3" and 5'7" - which is a fairly small difference for 4 women who are all sisters. With different shoe heel size thrown into the mix as is common with footwear, I really think trying to precisely determine height from a photo is very problematic.

Where did the height of 5'2' and 5'7'  come  from for the grand duchesses?   Sources known before the remains were found in the mass grave?

AGRBear

Offline LisaDavidson

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: October 08, 2007, 06:14:21 PM »
There's also no way of knowing if in an outdoor photo if everyone is standing on level ground. There's little way of knowing if someone was wearing a higher heeled shoe.

The four grand duchesses appear to have been roughly between 5'3" and 5'7" - which is a fairly small difference for 4 women who are all sisters. With different shoe heel size thrown into the mix as is common with footwear, I really think trying to precisely determine height from a photo is very problematic.

Where did the height of 5'2' and 5'7'  come  from for the grand duchesses?   Sources known before the remains were found in the mass grave?

AGRBear

Sorry, I'm at work and can't look it up at the moment.

Offline AGRBear

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
    • Romanov's  Russia
« Reply #393 on: October 09, 2007, 12:51:20 PM »
Thank you Lisa.

AGRBear

Olishka~ Pincess

« Reply #394 on: October 09, 2007, 02:28:26 PM »
Hey Bear,
The year the photo was taken was in 1916 at headquarters in Mogilev the grand duchesses visiting their father

Who is who ( going from  our left to right)  of the three girls behind Anastasia and Nicholas II.?

When and where was the photo taken?

Nicholas II and the girl I believe to be Anastasia are in front of the others girls.

The three girls are behind  Anastasia who is slightly behind Nicholas II.

Does anyone have the full  photo so we can see head to toe???

AGRBear

« Last Edit: October 09, 2007, 02:38:04 PM by Elizabeth~Princess »

Offline Lemur

• Graf
  • reach for the top!
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: October 10, 2007, 10:30:42 AM »
If that's Tatiana on the right, that's the worst photo I have ever seen of her. It doesn't look very much liker her IMO.

Offline klava1985

• View Profile
« Reply #396 on: October 10, 2007, 12:09:10 PM »
If you page around on this site, all assessments of the arguments aside, there are several photos used to compare heights.

http://www.livadia.org/missing/remains2.htm

Olishka~ Pincess

« Reply #397 on: October 10, 2007, 02:02:10 PM »
If that's Tatiana on the right, that's the worst photo I have ever seen of her. It doesn't look very much liker her IMO.
Hey Klava, that link has been posted numerus times, there are several comparisons of their heights their unfutunatly they did not lead to a correct answer. You are right Lemur, Tatiana looks different from herself I think she aged alot over the years. Her looks were looking different from the 1911- 1913 photos. In that same year, she looks the same. There is nothing bad about her looks she still looks nice, but it has altered so fast.

Offline dmitri

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: October 11, 2007, 03:43:05 AM »
in the above photo you can see some similarity between Tatiana and her cousin Irina

Offline AGRBear

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
    • Romanov's  Russia
« Reply #399 on: October 12, 2007, 02:07:24 PM »
If you page around on this site, all assessments of the arguments aside, there are several photos used to compare heights.

http://www.livadia.org/missing/remains2.htm

I had forgotten all about this site and that they had had and still do think that Tatiana is the one missing from the mass grave. I' m going back and read it again and see what they've added.

AGRBear

Offline AGRBear

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
    • Romanov's  Russia
« Reply #400 on: October 17, 2007, 05:10:26 PM »
October 3, 2007

[ITAR-TASS Urals]

Today Nikolai Nevolin [??????? ???????], the Director of the Sverdlovsk Forensic Medicine Bureau has announced that Professor Evgenii Rogaev [??????? ?????? ] from Moscow University has been appointed to conduct molecular genetics assays on the 2007 excavation remains. He will arrive in Ekaterinburg at the end of October.

Professor Rogaev’s appointment has been endorsed by representatives of the Romanov Family and the Russian Orthodox Church.

Professor Rogaev was one of the principle Russian geneticists who was part of the First Soloviev Commission in 1998 and a leading expert in the field of human medical genetics.
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

In addition the following information has also been announced regarding the 2007 excavation remains:

• 5 bone fragments may belong to a female whose skeleton had almost fully developed.
• 4 bone fragments may belong to a male.
• The tooth fragments may belong to a male, 11 to 12 years of age.

Margarita Nelipa

Offline AGRBear

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
    • Romanov's  Russia
« Reply #401 on: October 17, 2007, 05:12:01 PM »
October 12, 2007

Ballistics Results on the Ekaterinburg 2007 remains

Senior Procurator Vladimir Soloviev, who heads the Second Ekaterinburg Inquiry has announced the following ballistics results:

1.  The remains show evidence that two Browning revolvers were used. One weapon was a 1903 issue. The second weapon was a 1900 issue.

2.  The bullets that were discharged from these two weapons were the same as those that were found at the 1990's excavation location which contained the remains of Nikolai II, Alexandra Fedorovna and the other members of the Imperial Family + staff.

Margarita Nelipa

Offline AGRBear

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
    • Romanov's  Russia
« Reply #402 on: October 17, 2007, 05:13:48 PM »

Offline AGRBear

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
    • Romanov's  Russia
« Reply #403 on: October 17, 2007, 05:17:33 PM »
1 Oct 2007
Russian Newspaper:  Intefax

Interfax wrote  article on the new discovery  in which  the following is a part:

Since I don't read Russian,   I have been  told that this tells us that  the Russians are  indicating  the remains of the  female, Marie,  estimated height is 160 cm = 5 feet 2.5 inches  tall and that the male, Alexei,  estimated height  is  142-143 cm  or 143=  4 feet 6.9 inches  tall. 

I will take my remarks to the How Tall Was Alexei When He Died  thread.

AGRBear

Offline AGRBear

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
    • Romanov's  Russia
« Reply #404 on: October 17, 2007, 05:26:14 PM »
This photo was taken 4/17 Oct 1916 and the girls are not lined up as they are in the next  photo so heights are difficult to determine:

Nicholas II was 5 feet 7 inches tall.

About four months later:

This photo was taken in the Sping of 1917:

All the girls look about the same height as in the Oct. 1916 photo.

Tatiana who looks about 5 feet  6 inches - taller than Olga and Marie
Anastasia - shortest of the girls and believed to be about 5 feet 2 inches
Alexei - 3 months later was  said to be 5 feet and 1/2 inch tall

BEAR's OPINION:

I think  Alexei was close to his father's height  5 feet 6 to 5 feet 7 inches tall by July of 1918.   Why?  The average growith for a boy this age is 3.5 inches a year.  If  Alexi was  5 feet  1/2 inch on 1 Jan. 1917  then from  1 Jan. 1917 to 1 Jan 1918 he would have been about  5 feet 4 inches tall.  Add another  seven months and add another  2 inches and that would make him about 5 feet 6 inches tall.

His weight was probably more than 80 pounds because in one of the diaries we are told that Alexei was feeling better and his appetite had increased AND that that he was eating well.  He still wasn't  mobile enough to burn off any calories.  By this time there was more starch in their meals than meat.  Probably weight closer to 90 pounds. 

Since Anastasia was known to be about 5 feet 2. inches tall  in 1918,  we can tell by the photos that Marie was taller.  Most think she was about 5 feet  6 inches.

The estimated height of Alexei and Marie,  as told in the news Interfax,  [seen  in above post]  indicates they believe the two newly found remains are 4 feet 6 inches for Alexei and 5 feet 2.5 inches for Marie.  The reporter must have been in error when he reported what the scientist believe.  If in fact the report is true,  then,   it would appear that  someone didn't  estimate the heights correctly.   Water,  acid,  fire  and decomposition does not shrink bones.

AGRBear

« Last Edit: October 17, 2007, 05:35:04 PM by AGRBear »