Author Topic: blood transfusion in Tobolsk?  (Read 12107 times)

Offline Clemence

• Graf
    • View Profile
Re: blood transfusion in Tobolsk?
« Reply #15 on: July 04, 2010, 07:58:11 AM »
I just come to the conclusion (for one more time) that the work in ''Nickolas and Alexandra'' was really serious and while there were many things they couldn't have known at the time, the result was a fine film.

I'm sorry because I heard many good things about this film and I was so very dissapointed.
'' It used to be all girls without clothes. Now it’s all clothes with no girls. Pity.''

Offline nena

• Velikye Knyaz
  • But every spring smells like you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 04, 2010, 01:06:18 PM »
I agree with Dust_of_History.

I put my hand on my heart and I must admit that 'Romanovy' is one of the best dramatizations ever done of the IF. However, there are several mistakes of course. (Errare humanum est - It is in human nature to make mistakes).  But comparing with some other movies, 'Romanovy' comes the first by its production, set and so on. Yes, life writes dramas. There was no blood transfusion at Tobolsk I am aware of. Indeed that terrible losses of still newborn children can be result of blood types mutations, but answers lies in chromosomes and DNA.
-Ars longa, vita brevis -
Mathematics, art and history in ♥

Offline mr_harrison75

• Boyar
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2010, 08:45:51 PM »
Indeed, but I much prefer books and films which stick to reality - especially when there's plenty of drama in the reality.

It was dramatic license. Romanovy, though it's been a while since I watched it, is the closest to what truly happened. Much more close than "Nicholas and Alexandra".

Offline Nadeshda74

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 13, 2010, 01:47:31 PM »
Olga had blood floss? What does that mean? Oh, my English- did she cough or spit blood? And I only thought that she has a nervous breakdown during wartime and later was a little bit depressive and moody due to the cirumstances of the exiles.
The Rhesus factor thing reminds me of "Little House on the Prairie", sorry to mention it, but do you imagine when Laura gives birth to a baby boy and it dies soon? It gets weak and does not eat nor drink- my Grandmother faced the same problem with one of her babies and in the 1950s (even then) the baby died- but I ve heard that this affects mainly boys, too.

Offline amartin71718

• Graf
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 13, 2010, 02:11:40 PM »
She never had blood loss. The directors of the movie added that to create more drama.
I'm back on my bull****.