Author Topic: In a photo's background  (Read 8966 times)

Offline blessOTMA

• Velikye Knyaz
  • Tell me the truth, monsieur
    • View Profile
    • Stay at Home Artist
Re: In a photo's background
« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2010, 10:55:18 PM »
Thanks Sarushka  I was looking for those! . They seemed connected to the first posts  because of the dog. There are also photos of Olga and her father and the Tsar's  suite playing with this animal. Which I have read was a stray they found..or Joy...same type of dog as Joy, but this dog didn't have Joy white marking on its face...it's not surprising  Anastasia has it by her on the bench . In  a photo of Olga and Marie in a boat , in the background Anastasia is with an officer  who is handling the dog .These blouses also show up during captivity at AP under the sweaters . And here is  a fun photo, upside down tennis dots

Terrific catch rosieposie!

"Give my love to all who remember me."

Olga Nikolaevna

Offline RussianLACE

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 30, 2010, 11:20:03 AM »
because they seemed to wear the polka-dot blouses alot do you think they would have brought them to Tobolsk and Ekaterinburg with them?

also i heard that it has been discussed that the blouses were red. any idea what shade of red?

Offline blessOTMA

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
    • Stay at Home Artist
« Reply #17 on: August 30, 2010, 11:36:36 AM »
because they seemed to wear the polka-dot blouses alot do you think they would have brought them to Tobolsk and Ekaterinburg with them?
They may have, but there's  no way of knowing since we have no photo of them doing so. The last photo I know of  with OTMA wearing those blouses was taken in Spring of  '17.  One can see them under thier sweaters
also i heard that it has been discussed that the blouses were red. any idea what shade of red?
I would guess a  cherry red ...but that is a guess of course.

Olga Nikolaevna

Offline MademoiselleAndrea

• Knyaz
  • Take me as you find me, all my fears and failures.
    • View Profile
    • Past A La Mode: A Presentation and Celebration of Historical Fashion
« Reply #18 on: August 30, 2010, 12:24:54 PM »
I don't think they would have been cherry red, too bold. More like a brick-ish red, h'm, let me find an example...
satisfactory example not found, but I imagined them being dark red, sort of dusty, but slightly bright... well, I think you get my point!  ;)
When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and could say, "I used everything You gave me". --Erma Bombeck

Offline blessOTMA

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
    • Stay at Home Artist
« Reply #19 on: August 30, 2010, 03:34:19 PM »
I don't think of cherry red as bright...guess it depends on one's idea of cherries! lol!

Olga Nikolaevna

Offline MademoiselleAndrea

• Knyaz
  • Take me as you find me, all my fears and failures.
    • View Profile
    • Past A La Mode: A Presentation and Celebration of Historical Fashion
« Reply #20 on: August 30, 2010, 03:41:31 PM »
Well, it's funny, I always thought of the color cherry red as being bright, even though cherries aren't, but if you meant it literally, like the real color of cherries, then I guess I agree with you!   ;)
When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and could say, "I used everything You gave me". --Erma Bombeck

Offline Sarushka

• Velikye Knyaz
  • May I interest you in a grain of salt?
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 30, 2010, 07:46:18 PM »
Aren't there hand-colored photos of those blouses in Anastasia's Album? You might find them in the Anastasia photo-threads; I don't have scans myself.
THE LOST CROWN: A Novel of Romanov Russia -- now in paperback!
"A dramatic, powerful narrative and a masterful grasp of life in this vanished world." ~Greg King

Offline blessOTMA

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
    • Stay at Home Artist
« Reply #22 on: August 31, 2010, 07:12:21 AM »
Aren't there hand-colored photos of those blouses in Anastasia's Album? You might find them in the Anastasia photo-threads; I don't have scans myself.
Thank you! Higher up Holly mentions they are redand says she knows  that because of AN clouring them. ....we are talking about what kind of red. It's great we have Anastasia's art work to tells us the colour. And it's fascinating that  colouring  Romanov black and white photos  is not new , but was done by a Romanov as well! 

A funny thing happened. A friend who sometimes comes by AP forum , wrote to me a big haHa! saying"  there was thread where they were discussing some polka dotted blouses !"  I said hmmmm...... did you see who was doing that? I'm in the thick of that one!  lol!  I explained it was interesting to follow something like those unusual blouses though the pictures...like a thread. 

Olga Nikolaevna

Offline nena

• Velikye Knyaz
  • But every spring smells like you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 31, 2010, 08:13:56 AM »

I was about to say the same. However, Grand Duchess Ally once posted some colored photos of the IF, most likely colored by Grand Duchess Anastasia.
-Ars longa, vita brevis -
Mathematics, art and history in ♥

Offline EmmyLee

• Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 31, 2010, 02:57:34 PM »
Great thread! Annie, you have such a good eye to connect those photos.

Rosieposie, that's a really interesting photo. Glancing at it, you'd never pay much attention to the hands.