Author Topic: tonsils?  (Read 14811 times)

Offline Alicky

• mauve is my color
    • View Profile
    • Lorraine's Plaza Page
Re: tonsils?
« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2005, 07:15:29 PM »

Well, I guess it would have been a crap-shoot with any of the girls; we will never know.  :(
In reality, Marie could have been a carrier and not passed it on to any son she might have had, but then again... We'll never know.

Not to mention, if Marie was given to easy and copious bleeding, that she might have DIED bearing a child.... How harsh that would have been for her family.  Though death in childbirth was fairly common back then, that family was pretty attached to all their children.  
Bad enough about Alexei's situation, but as a male obviously this was the ONE risk he would never have had to face.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Alicky »

Offline Robby

• Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2005, 02:21:41 PM »
Mashka this is maybe off-topic but your site is wonderfull!
“Courage! I have shown it for years; think you I shall lose it at the moment when my sufferings are to end?” Marie Antoinette

Offline Baby Tsarevich

• Velikye Knyaz
  • Anastacia Pavlovna V.
    • View Profile
    • Alyosha Sunbeam. (Mine and Dana's)
« Reply #17 on: July 28, 2005, 02:32:22 AM »
I also never knew that Marie had her tonsils removed, this might be a stupid question, but did they put people to sleep back then when they had an operation? if so, how? ???

AlyoshaSunbeam.com
updtd jan.22;2007.
check out the new addition: Nasha Russia

Offline grandduchess_sofia

• Boyar
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 29, 2005, 04:39:55 AM »
They'd had anasthetic(sp?) then, it had been around for quite awhile,
sopsxx

Offline Baby Tsarevich

• Velikye Knyaz
  • Anastacia Pavlovna V.
    • View Profile
    • Alyosha Sunbeam. (Mine and Dana's)
« Reply #19 on: July 29, 2005, 03:41:45 PM »
O I never knew that they had anasthtic for so long!

AlyoshaSunbeam.com
updtd jan.22;2007.
check out the new addition: Nasha Russia

Offline Mandie, the Gothic Empress

• Velikye Knyaz
  • Olga.Tatiana.Maria.Anastasia + Alexei
    • View Profile
    • Romanovs of Russia
« Reply #20 on: July 30, 2005, 10:02:16 PM »

Not to mention, if Marie was given to easy and copious bleeding, that she might have DIED bearing a child.... How harsh that would have been for her family.  Though death in childbirth was fairly common back then, that family was pretty attached to all their children.  
Bad enough about Alexei's situation, but as a male obviously this was the ONE risk he would never have had to face.

I agree 100% and it very well say.

Offline stacey

• Boyar
  • I wanna be a princess when I grow up!!
    • View Profile
    • Knowitall
« Reply #21 on: November 28, 2005, 01:16:45 AM »
This is news to me too--I learn something new here everyday!! ;D It is troubling that Marie had such heavy bleeding for what is really a pretty routine operation, and you know she had the best surgeon available. It does raise the question of whether she was a carrier for hemophilia--how awful that would have been, her greatest dream in life was to be a wife and mother! BTW that's always endeared Marie to me--here she was literally a princess, born to unlimited wealth and privilege--yet her dream in life was so simple and child-like--to marry happily and have "lots of children"! I think she would have made a terrific wife and mother. But it does raise the question, 2 questions actually--was she a carrier? and yes, would childbirth not have been especially precarious for her? Odd, when she appeared so strong and healthy, but if she had a hemorrhage during a routine childhood operation, you have to wonder if she could have survived childbirth--I guess we'll never know! As awful and tragic as their deaths were, maybe if they had lived, their lives still would have been filled with lots of sadness and tragedy... :'(
Sola Nobilitas Virtus