Author Topic: Grand Duke Kyrill, his wife Victoria Fedorovna and children, Part II  (Read 134141 times)

Offline Robert_Hall

• Velikye Knyaz
  • a site.
    • View Profile
Re: Grand Duke Kyrill, his wife Victoria Fedorovna and children, Part II
« Reply #210 on: January 21, 2012, 01:32:51 PM »
Queen Ena, we have no argument here. There is simply no throne to claim, one way or the other.
 However,  the claim "Head of the Family" is even more bizarre, IMO. There is no "head of the family". The is a chosen "Head" of the family association but they are a  long way from Imperial Russia.  They are definitely multi national and  quite diverse in marriages, religions and circumstances. Most simply make no claims to anything.
  IMO, Maria is a good woman, does good things.  But her claims, really are silly.
 I know relatively little about Georgi, as he seems to just show up in the press  in Euro Royal party jaunts. This should be interesting when  it is time to marry him off.
Life may not be the party we expected, but while we are here, might as well dance..

Do you want the truth, or my side of the story ?- Hank Ketchum.

Offline Eric_Lowe

• Velikye Knyaz
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: January 21, 2012, 02:09:31 PM »
The last I heard George was a banker. The best marriage he could make is to member of the Romanov family. That would heal some wounds and built some bridges.

Offline QueenEna1887

• Graf
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: January 21, 2012, 04:44:57 PM »
Well of course there is no throne but Maria Vladimirovna believes there is one and she's entitled to it..its empty its no one's throne and no one has the right to it. If a monarchy were to ever return to Russia a Czar or Czarina would be chosen by the election of the people like back in 1613 when they chose 16-year-old Michael Romanov.

Offline Robert_Hall

• Velikye Knyaz
  • a site.
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: January 21, 2012, 04:59:13 PM »
Quite true, Queen Ena.
 I find her claim of "Curiatrix" rather curious. She seems to take no claim for herself but rather holding this phantom for her son.  Odd to say the least, I have never seen this term used elsewhere.
 AS for Georgi himself, h interned or apprenticed at the B of E  [?] but was never a banker. There was talk of him joining a naval academy in St. Petersbug but it never materialised, AFAIK. I have no idea what is in store for him, but he always looks uncomfortable when I see him in pictures. One might think he would "fit in" with his Hohenzollern cousins better.
Life may not be the party we expected, but while we are here, might as well dance..

Offline QueenEna1887

• Graf
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: January 21, 2012, 06:24:47 PM »
Robert Hall to be honest the title "Curatrix to the throne" only came to life when her grandfather Cyril was claiming headship of the family and rights to the vacant throne in 1924...pre-1924 it never existed.  Her family line is full of pretensions.  But however her son cannot inherit i.

Offline Robert_Hall

• Velikye Knyaz
  • a site.
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: January 21, 2012, 08:40:44 PM »
Of course not, as there is nothing to inherit.

Offline QueenEna1887

• Graf
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: January 21, 2012, 08:49:17 PM »
Nope which is why this is all childish Members of the RFA accept the fact that Russia is no longer an Empire and for the fact no one is entitled to the throne, but of course there is debate about who is head of the family, and there is no official head.  So Maria Vladimirovna is just being silly and childish and very very greedy.

Offline QueenEna1887

• Graf
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: January 21, 2012, 08:58:06 PM »
her side of the family has been trying to seize and claim that throne for well over 100 years...its ridiculous...they and any other claimant are not entitled to it so whats the fuss?  And they say the apple doesn't fall to far from the tree...apparently in Maria Vladimirovna's case that point is proven.

Offline Marc

• Velikye Knyaz
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: January 22, 2012, 06:36:45 AM »
so whats the fuss?

By claiming something she always stays in the spotlight and after seeing her with important figures of Russia and by repeating one thing over and over again people generally start to associate her with what she says and than she becomes more important in their eyes which can be easily used to gain more money for her family,son...

I wonder is Georgy entitled to claim monthly 3.000 euros which every member of the Hohenzollern family gets from it's foundation?

Offline QueenEna1887

• Graf
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: January 22, 2012, 07:57:53 AM »
Of course....I doubt she is concerned about rehabilitating the Czar and his family she is just happy it didnt happen to her family. It seems as if the Russian People are very misinformed about their history,  and Maria Vladimirovna who I believe is well aware of that will use that to her full advantage.  She is more concerned about being in the public.  I dont know how she formed an alliance with the Patriarch Kirill it must be some type of conspiracy going on.

Offline Robert_Hall

• Velikye Knyaz
  • a site.
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: January 22, 2012, 12:48:40 PM »
Interesting, Marc. I had heard of the Hohenzollern Fund but  did not know the allotment was that much.  That is not quite $50 thousand a year. Not a great deal but it would help him get by- IF he  claimed it. Also, would that compromise his so called "claim"?
 And Marie- she stands by the Patriarch in not accepting all the results and proof  of the remains.  Why, baffles me. This was  the cause, supposedly of her absence at the service of internment in St. P. I do not know, did she show up for the Dowager's reburial ?

Offline Eric_Lowe

• Velikye Knyaz
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: January 22, 2012, 12:57:51 PM »
It would be very interesting if George lay claim to that fund, since he rejects being a Hohenzollern and a Romanov instead. It was well when her mother and grandmother could spent his aunt (daughter by Kirby & Leoneda )'s fortune. After she kicked Maria out, the security is gone. In fact, George's father revert back to being part of the Hohenzollern Family, so he was eligible for the family fund.

Offline QueenEna1887

• Graf
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: January 22, 2012, 01:26:10 PM »
Robert Hall Maria Vladimirovna was present at the Dowager Empress's reburial ceremony...

Offline Robert_Hall

• Velikye Knyaz
  • a site.
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: January 22, 2012, 01:51:45 PM »
Thank you Queen Ena.  I could have guessed so. After all, that was pretty undeniable, being in the care of the Danish RF for all those years. I have a little book on the funeral somewhere, just can't find it at the moment.

Offline Marc

• Velikye Knyaz
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: January 22, 2012, 04:34:54 PM »
Interesting, Marc. I had heard of the Hohenzollern Fund but  did not know the allotment was that much.  That is not quite $50 thousand a year. Not a great deal but it would help him get by- IF he  claimed it.

I didn't know either,but some time ago I was watching some Tv interview with Prince Ferfried von Hohenzollern-Sigmaringen where it was said that he receives monthly that amount of money from the Fund due to his membership of the House of Hohenzollern...