Author Topic: What was the Game they played the night they died  (Read 8995 times)

Offline Sunny

• Knyaz
  • Царь Николай, твоё имя - любовь
    • View Profile
Re: What was the Game they played the night they died
« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2011, 08:06:27 AM »
I know this thread is very old, but i thought i could help those who are interested in this game.

Bezique is the french name of a card game alrerady existent in Italy. In italian is called bazzica, and is quite popular.
It's one of those games sometimes played with real money, and for this is one of those not permitted in pubs.
I simply don't like card games and can't paly nothing of them, but both my dad and my husband love playing cards, so i asked them. They both know this game, it's similar to another one, qhich is best popular, called briscola. I asked them to explain me the rules, and they did it - but i'm a real zero in card games, so undertood nothing.
My dad told me he had played bazzica lots of times, but he prefers Briscola because is simpler (if i understood right, in bazzica every player has 9 card, qhile in briscola only 3. Moreover, in bazzica there are only 2 player and in briscola at least 3). I begged my husband to show me how you play bazzica, but as i said, i understood nothing (i have never understood even briscola, so i'm without hopes...).
But maybe this would intrest some of you... sorry that i can't explain you the rules.
Please visit my site
http://thelostworldofnaotmaa.wordpress.com/

Banner courtesy of GD Ally

Offline Kalafrana

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2011, 04:40:59 AM »
As to the writing being in pencil, this was the era before ballpoint pens, so the only alternatives for writing were pencils, fountain pens and the pens you had to keep dipping in the ink. In consequence, pencils were used more than today.

Ann

Offline Sunny

• Knyaz
  • Царь Николай, твоё имя - любовь
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 11, 2011, 04:57:24 AM »
Of course. you have to write down points, and in times where pen needed contantly ink penscils were much easier to use!
Please visit my site
http://thelostworldofnaotmaa.wordpress.com/

Banner courtesy of GD Ally