Author Topic: Question About/Need Help With Picture(s)  (Read 173174 times)

Offline blessOTMA

• Velikye Knyaz
  • Tell me the truth, monsieur
    • View Profile
    • Stay at Home Artist
Re: Question About/Need Help With Picture(s)
« Reply #225 on: January 20, 2010, 12:26:03 PM »
Ally, thanks for posting those two big files...love those photos. I can imagine Alexandra standing next to the photogher. I say that because most of the children are looking to the side of the lcamera with far more intensity than the two looking into it! lol!  Just imo.

"Give my love to all who remember me."

Olga Nikolaevna

Offline Carolath Habsburg

• Velikye Knyaz
  • As seen on TUMBLR!
    • View Profile
    • Victorian & edwardian roleplay in spanish!
« Reply #226 on: February 01, 2010, 03:57:57 PM »
i found this on ebay and since the seller always sells rubbish with "royalty" Ids i dediced to ask about it here.

This picture says its Olga. I ve seen picturtes of baby olga and for what i ve seen, its very possible its here but i need second thoughts

Courtesy of Grand Duchess Ally

"...Пусть он землю бережет родную, А любовь Катюша сбережет....". Grand Duchess Ekaterina Fyodorovna to Grand Duke Georgiy Alexandrovich. 1914

Join the cause "We want an Ignore button

Offline Ally Kumari

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
    • Imperial Russia
« Reply #227 on: February 01, 2010, 04:16:51 PM »
I actually think it really might be Olga.

Naslednik Norvezhskiy

« Reply #228 on: February 01, 2010, 04:31:11 PM »
Don't you think the background is a little uncommonly undignified for an imperial photo? I've never seen a royal in those days photographed in front of such an industrial outbuilding, not even in photos from their private albums, only from photos taken in exile or captivity. (Though it could very well be from a courtyard at a home farm or an agricultural estate.) If it was an imperial photo, it sure wasn't intended for publication, but comes from a private album, and then it ending up on e-Bay is even less likely.

I'm no expert, will be interesting to hear if experts think that this odd-looking photo could be imperial.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2010, 04:36:02 PM by Tainyi Sovetnik »

Offline Ally Kumari

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
    • Imperial Russia
« Reply #229 on: February 01, 2010, 05:09:49 PM »
Well, these are all the Grand Duchesses - in front of what might be a stable, so I wouldn´t dismiss the picture just because of the building...

But you DO have a point.

Offline imperatrice

• View Profile
« Reply #230 on: February 01, 2010, 07:28:58 PM »
i found this on ebay and since the seller always sells rubbish with "royalty" Ids i dediced to ask about it here.

This picture says its Olga. I ve seen picturtes of baby olga and for what i ve seen, its very possible its here but i need second thoughts

I actually think it really might be Olga.
Don't you think the background is a little uncommonly undignified for an imperial photo? I've never seen a royal in those days photographed in front of such an industrial outbuilding, not even in photos from their private albums, only from photos taken in exile or captivity. (Though it could very well be from a courtyard at a home farm or an agricultural estate.) If it was an imperial photo, it sure wasn't intended for publication, but comes from a private album, and then it ending up on e-Bay is even less likely.

I'm no expert, will be interesting to hear if experts think that this odd-looking photo could be imperial.
Well, these are all the Grand Duchesses - in front of what might be a stable, so I wouldn´t dismiss the picture just because of the building...

But you DO have a point.

I've seen this seller on e-bay also.  just curious  why do you say her stuff is rubbish?  the seller say she has  C O A for it.

by the way who do you think is the lady in the background?

Offline Grand Duchess Jennifer

• Graf
  • "Give my love to all who remember me"-Olga,1918
    • View Profile
    • The Last Grand-Duchesses of Russia-OTMA
« Reply #231 on: February 01, 2010, 09:34:33 PM »

I see what you mean. It looks like it was taken in a poorer part of town. I don't think this picture is of Olga, but it could be.

Please visit www.freewebs.com/grand-duchessesofrussiaotma/
Banner and Icon by Ally

Offline blessOTMA

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
    • Stay at Home Artist
« Reply #232 on: February 02, 2010, 01:00:07 AM »
Looks remarkably like Olga N. and while the place is run down, the child's colthes seem right.
Had to tell for sure

Olga Nikolaevna

Offline blessOTMA

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
    • Stay at Home Artist
« Reply #233 on: February 02, 2010, 01:06:07 AM »
Had to tell for sure
  Opps! I mean....  hard to tell for sure

Olga Nikolaevna

Offline Carolath Habsburg

• Velikye Knyaz
  • As seen on TUMBLR!
    • View Profile
    • Victorian & edwardian roleplay in spanish!
« Reply #234 on: February 02, 2010, 10:33:22 AM »

I've seen this seller on e-bay also.  just curious  why do you say her stuff is rubbish?  the seller say she has  C O A for it.

She or he uses to sell pictures of ordinary people and she says they re  well known royals. When you write him/her back to tell her she s wrong she answers you very rude and tell you she s not wrong and people is happy buying her/his fraudulent items. For those who know well some royals, some of her /his items are very laughable

Courtesy of Grand Duchess Ally

"...Пусть он землю бережет родную, А любовь Катюша сбережет....". Grand Duchess Ekaterina Fyodorovna to Grand Duke Georgiy Alexandrovich. 1914

Join the cause "We want an Ignore button

Offline Condecontessa

• Graf
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: February 02, 2010, 01:24:45 PM »
It might be Olga. The building behind seems like a stable or a barn type to keep the goats etc.

Offline blessOTMA

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
    • Stay at Home Artist
« Reply #236 on: February 02, 2010, 05:35:46 PM »
by the way who do you think is the lady in the background?
The lady behind the girls in Ally's picture is  Margaret Eager, their Irish nurse maid. 

Olga Nikolaevna

Offline RealAnastasia

• Velikye Knyaz
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: February 02, 2010, 09:48:11 PM »
I think it is Olga, and if it is not her, she is the spitting image of her! yes, the backgorund is not "imperial" at all, but baby's clothes are not the ones that people of poor condition used to wear back then. Tha lady who is with her, is also wearing "rich woman" clothes.

RealAnastasia.

Offline nena

• Velikye Knyaz
  • But every spring smells like you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: February 03, 2010, 02:22:18 AM »
Those two are new to me. Baby indeed looks like GD Olga, but as anyone says, the background is bit strange. I have no clue what that must be. The photo with goat and nurse (Margaret Eagar and Wishnyakova?) was taken approximately in 1902 at Crimea, from the source of Russian website where series of photos are located.
-Ars longa, vita brevis -
Mathematics, art and history in ♥

Offline victoriakin

• An Old Photo of My Grandpa, Very Dear.
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: February 03, 2010, 03:24:41 AM »

Regardless of the background or lack of formality of the photo, I believe this to likely be Olga. The facial expression is priceless! This photo seems to be a casual snapshot rather than a formal sitting. I would need to guess that there were such technologies available as early as that, like precursors to the Brownie.
World Travel Bookings Available from
http://portspecials.com