Author Topic: Menus/meals  (Read 3141 times)

Offline JacksonPearce

• View Profile
    • JacksonPearce.com
Menus/meals
« on: November 08, 2012, 11:48:33 AM »
I'm struggling to find records of what the upper class would have eaten for various meals around 1915. Not banquets or feasts, necessarily, but just plain-old-fashioned breakfast, lunch, and dinner (maybe snacks too?). Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Someone needs to come up with a "menus of the world" style book that lists meals for various decades in various countries! I've seen huge nonfiction pieces that discuss where things were grown and whatnot, but I wish there was a "just the facts" list of foods! :)
« Last Edit: November 08, 2012, 12:00:24 PM by JacksonPearce »
Author of retold fairytales (SISTERS RED, SWEETLY, and FATHOMLESS), scandalous contemporary tales (PURITY), forbidden love stories (AS YOU WISH), and an upcoming historical fantasy series set in Imperial Russia.

Offline Forum Admin

• Administrator
  • Velikye Knyaz
  • www.alexanderpalace.org
    • View Profile
    • Alexander Palace Time Machine
Re: Menus/meals
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2012, 03:00:13 PM »
Depends on where exactly.  Moscow would have been more traditional Russian, St Petersbourg was very much more French cuisine...There are a lot of online resources...particularly the one here online in our own main APTM website which you should look at:

http://www.alexanderpalace.org/waitress/up-to-date-waitress-preface

Offline JacksonPearce

• View Profile
    • JacksonPearce.com
Re: Menus/meals
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2012, 03:29:46 PM »
Excellent! This would be St. Petersburg, which makes it markedly easier it seems. Will check it out.
Author of retold fairytales (SISTERS RED, SWEETLY, and FATHOMLESS), scandalous contemporary tales (PURITY), forbidden love stories (AS YOU WISH), and an upcoming historical fantasy series set in Imperial Russia.