Author Topic: Video of burial  (Read 3731 times)

marina

Video of burial
« on: January 29, 2006, 10:36:17 AM »
I found a lot of video of romanov's burial :
http://imperator.spbnews.ru/video/index_e.phtml

No comment, just  :'(

Offline Laura Mabee

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
    • Frozentears.Org
Re: Video of burial
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2006, 11:30:09 PM »
Wow... fantastic find

marina

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2006, 11:46:26 AM »
Thank you!

Offline XRogue

• Aure Entuluva!
    • View Profile
    • Rohan
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2006, 04:54:36 PM »
Thanks, that is so neat. :( tho.
What you want is irrelevant. What you've chosen is at hand!

Offline Nadezhda Edvardovna

• Boyar
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2006, 11:18:10 AM »
What hath God wrought! That's the first message sent via telegraph, by Samuel Morse. A landmark in history, the first time information could travel faster than man.

That's what I thought of, seeing this burial video.

When I first became interested in the IF, back in the late 1970s, never could I have imagined the IF being found, much less buried, or that I could see the burial itself.

Wow.

I also was fascinated by the look at Yeltsin's face, he was responsible for razing the Ipatiev house, and here he is at the burial.  Wonder what he was thinking?

Wow.

What hath God wrought, indeed.

Pax et bonum, N.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Nadezhda_Edvardova »

Offline Ra-Ra-Rasputin

• Knyaz
  • Another Anastasia claimant; the ears match exactly
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2006, 01:04:00 PM »
Wow.  Thanks for posting that. :)

I went to the Peter and Paul Fortress when I visited Russia on a school trip a few years ago, and we were allowed to peep into the private room where the Imperial Family are buried.  I was so annoyed that I couldn't read the Cyrillic, and the tour guide was too busy talking to my teachers to translate the plaques for everyone.  I wanted to see who had been buried as the contested body.

Now I can read a bit of Cyrillic, I see that the contested body was buried as being Anastasia's.  Interesting.

Does anyone know who the people carrying the coffins were? Are they Romanov family members? I didn't recognise anyone.

Thanks!

Rachel
xx
'History teaches that history teaches us nothing' ~ Hegel

marina

« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2006, 09:52:37 AM »

Now I can read a bit of Cyrillic, I see that the contested body was buried as being Anastasia's.  Interesting.

xx

It surprised me also. Visibly, Russia trust its scientist (they say the missing body was Maria) and not the american who decided the missing body was Anastasia.

Offline Romafan96

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2013, 06:34:26 PM »

Does anyone know who the people carrying the coffins were? Are they Romanov family members? I didn't recognise anyone.

Thanks!

Rachel
xx

No, I believe they were members of the Russian Army. At this time the surviving Romanovs were still disputing over some issues, not to mention some of them are quite old!

I thought the burial was beautiful. The only thing missing was the remains of Maria and Alexei. It was fitting to have the burial on the anniversary of their original, inhumane burial and that they should be buried in the 'Land of the Tsars.' Given the fact that they despised in the last few months of their lives, it was nice to see so many Russians gathering together to remember the last Tsar.