Author Topic: The Diary of Olga Romanov: Royal Witness to the Russian Revolution  (Read 104530 times)

Offline koloagirl

• Graf
  • Loving each other and having faith always.
    • View Profile
Re: The Diary of Olga Romanov: Royal Witness to the Russian Revolution
« Reply #150 on: July 29, 2013, 09:07:50 PM »

Aloha all!

Woo Hoo!  Just pre ordered it on Amazon here in the U.S.!

Great to actually "order" it.....cannot wait!

Janet R.
Janet R.

Offline Helen_Azar

• Velikye Knyaz
  • Coming up Fall 2015: Tatiana's diaries and letters
    • View Profile
    • War-time diaries of Grand Duchess Olga Nikolaevna Romanov
« Reply #151 on: July 31, 2013, 01:56:26 PM »
Some historical errata:
19 Jan 17 176th Perevolchny Infantry regiment 44th inf Div, XXI corps part of the 12th army at this time
               151th Pyatgorsky   Inf        rgt          38th Inf Div,XIX corps 5th army at this time near Dvinsk

26 may 16 Nicholas to TN South West front capturing 78,000 prisoners this was do to the Brusilov offensive which began 22 May (OS)/4June (NS) 1916. Note both sides  in WW I liked to report how many prisoners they captured along with the number of guns(artillery pieces) and sometimes machine guns.

13 jan 17 Kont Adm Kerdrov Kotr Admiral is Russian for rear Admiral

#52 Romania declared war on the central powers on 27 August 1916

25 nov 14 mention is made of the Nizhy Novogorodrey rgt this is most likely the 22nd inf rgt, 6th Inf Div,

29 Jan 17 Romanov is Port Romanov renamed Murmansk Lili von Dehn husband was made captain of the cruiser Varyag in early 1917

Inf-Infantry rgt-regiment div-division

In the December 1916-january 1917 the 12th army of which the 176th Inf rgt was apart of was involved  in what was called the Christmas battles or mitau operation. See the Latvian rifles section in wiki. note in this battle there were a number of instances were Russian troops refused to attack and over 200 were shot as a result.

I hope this is of some interst.

Thanks!

Offline Stardancer

• View Profile
« Reply #152 on: August 13, 2013, 10:16:32 PM »
I preordered this on my kindle fire,can I ask when it comes out?  This is my first post. Olga has always been y favorite.  I just finished Road to Ekaitburgh and it was very good book.  It was nice to read of the girls story from their experiences.  It had a dew long moments but all in all a good read.

Offline Lucien

• Velikye Knyaz
  • Courtier
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: August 16, 2013, 02:59:53 AM »
Looking forward to it Helen,and don't let any or anyone get near to you,regardless whom!!
Always those with a mean jealous mind that need to be taught a lesson,ignore,ignore fully!
It's yours,and only yours!
Je Maintiendrai

Offline pumpkinpearl

• View Profile
« Reply #154 on: August 21, 2013, 03:42:36 PM »
I just got an e-mail from Amazon with some updates from my wishlist....your book was at the top (I follow your Facebook page; I posted a photo of my Khodynka cup a few months ago).

I'm so antsy to get this book!!!! :D I'm definitely thinking of pre-ordering it.
Well, the Chinese were only using a simple polyphoneticly grouped twenty square digit key, transposed from booster verdonic form, with multiple nulls.

Offline Helen_Azar

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: August 24, 2013, 01:18:12 PM »
Thank you guys!

In the meantime, I just epublished the companion to the Olga book, which for now you can only get as an ebook.  http://www.amazon.com/Last-Romanovs-Their-Words-ebook/dp/B00ER7OVE8/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1377367646&sr=1-1&keywords=the+last+romanovs+in+their+own+words

Book Description:

Much has been written about the life of the last Imperial family of Russia: Tsar Nicholas II, his wife Tsarina Alexandra, and their five children - Olga, Tatiana, Maria, Anastasia and Aleksei.  The entire family, including their personal physician, retainers, and even their pets, became tragic victims of the Bolshevik revolution. They were arrested, exiled, and ultimately secretly murdered in a small cellar of a house in the Urals, in the summer of 1918. In this book, you will follow the events which led up to their eventual tragic fate through personal words of each family member, as well as their close friends and associates. Their letters, diaries, and postcards - many of which have been translated into English here for the first time - tell a unique story, and have yet a lot to reveal.

Translated from Russian by Helen Azar, along with Eva and Dan McDonald, who translated most of the 1918 letters from French, this book offers an extraordinary glimpse into the very private world, and the final years, of the last Russian imperial family - which they chronicle in their own words.

Offline Helen_Azar

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: August 24, 2013, 01:19:36 PM »
I preordered this on my kindle fire,can I ask when it comes out?  This is my first post. Olga has always been y favorite.  I just finished Road to Ekaitburgh and it was very good book.  It was nice to read of the girls story from their experiences.  It had a dew long moments but all in all a good read.

Thanks, please follow my Facebook page for the latest updates :) https://www.facebook.com/DiaryOfOlgaRomanov

Offline matushka

• Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: August 25, 2013, 05:12:37 AM »
Helen,
I am following your facebook page with interest and have ordered the diary! Tell me please, those letters you translated from french into english are those included in The Tsarevich enfant martyrIs there in the second book any material coming directly from the Archives and never published anywhere?

Offline koloagirl

• Graf
  • Loving each other and having faith always.
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: August 25, 2013, 05:45:48 PM »

Aloha!

Ordered the ebook that Helen Azar wrote entitled "The Last Romanovs, in their Own Words" for my Kindle yesterday and had it delivered.

Wonderful and I would recommend it to anyone who is interested in the Romanovs, or as a companion book for Helen's upcoming book as well!

So exciting!

Janet R.
Janet R.

Offline Helen_Azar

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: August 26, 2013, 08:01:07 AM »
Helen,
I am following your facebook page with interest and have ordered the diary! Tell me please, those letters you translated from french into english are those included in The Tsarevich enfant martyrIs there in the second book any material coming directly from the Archives and never published anywhere?

Yes, they are. Eva and Dan McDonald translated them and were kind enough to let me include them in my book! So this is quite a treat!

Offline Helen_Azar

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: October 01, 2013, 03:07:43 PM »
For those of you who may be interested - I also started a thread for the ebook, "The Last Romanovs: In Their Own Words", here it is: http://forum.alexanderpalace.org/index.php?topic=17724.0  Thanks!

Offline EmmyLee

• Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: October 21, 2013, 09:07:20 PM »
I'm getting really anxious for this book! Any word on exactly when in October it will be published?

Offline Helen_Azar

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: October 22, 2013, 12:44:54 PM »
It was postponed a bit but hopefully before the end of the year! :)

Offline Helen_Azar

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: November 14, 2013, 05:11:58 PM »
Just to let you guys know, they will start mailing the Amazon preorders out tomorrow, coincidentally on Olga's birthday!  :)

http://www.amazon.com/The-Diary-Olga-Romanov-Revolution/dp/1594161771/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1384469093&sr=8-1&keywords=diary+of+olga+romanov+royal+witness+to+the+russian+revolution

Offline TheMauveRoom

• Art in the avatar was done by me.
    • View Profile
    • TheMauveRoom
« Reply #164 on: November 14, 2013, 06:08:58 PM »
So excited!!
themauveroom.com
A blog focusing on Imperial Russia and the last Romanovs