Author Topic: Rare Pictures XII  (Read 234843 times)

Offline Kassafrass

• Boyar
  • Give my love to all who remember me.
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
"Austria declared war on us. Bastards." - Olga Nikolaevna
deviantArt: http://poison-ivy-alice.deviantart.com

Offline Sarushka

• Velikye Knyaz
  • May I interest you in a grain of salt?
    • View Profile
THE LOST CROWN: A Novel of Romanov Russia -- now in paperback!
"A dramatic, powerful narrative and a masterful grasp of life in this vanished world." ~Greg King

Offline edubs31

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
Re: Rare Pictures XII
« Reply #474 on: December 20, 2013, 12:34:44 PM »
Wow, great stuff and thanks for posting! The little pair in all their glory!

That stand alone photo of Marie is astounding!
Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right...

Offline KarinK

• Boyar
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: December 21, 2013, 10:52:30 AM »
Tatiana Z, thank you so much for these photos! It's interesting how they add variety to Maria and Anastasia's hospital visits; most photos I've seen before showed them indoors with larger groups of men or were posed more formally. It also feels rare to me to see a wartime photo of Alexandra with all her daughters that wasn't taken at a hospital. And Maria's hat is amazing!

Offline Rodney_G.

• Knyaz
  • an angel .....and the best of them
    • View Profile
Rodney G.

Offline blessOTMA

• Velikye Knyaz
  • Tell me the truth, monsieur
    • View Profile
    • Stay at Home Artist
« Reply #477 on: December 25, 2013, 11:36:35 AM »
As always, Olga was not that heavy...if there wasn't a body type difference between the sisters , many photos  would be even  tougher

I cannot thank Tatiana Z enough for these precious images. They are so meaningful to us all.  9 times out of 10 I'm very excited by new to me photos...then there is the time when the tragedy of these lost young lives comes to the fore and the feeling is one of  overwhelming  sadness  . Perhaps it's because these are later images when they are on the very threshold of adult life only to be robbed of it. I cannot help but feel the world was robbed as well . They stand for themselves and for millions of others.

"Give my love to all who remember me."

Olga Nikolaevna

Offline Rodney_G.

• Knyaz
  • an angel .....and the best of them
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: December 27, 2013, 02:06:51 PM »
As always, Olga was not that heavy...if there wasn't a body type difference between the sisters , many photos  would be even  tougher

I cannot thank Tatiana Z enough for these precious images. They are so meaningful to us all.  9 times out of 10 I'm very excited by new to me photos...then there is the time when the tragedy of these lost young lives comes to the fore and the feeling is one of  overwhelming  sadness  . Perhaps it's because these are later images when they are on the very threshold of adult life only to be robbed of it. I cannot help but feel the world was robbed as well . They stand for themselves and for millions of others.

So true, Annie. The appearance of these often new-to-me photos by TatianaZ and others prompts those mixed feelings of excitement and simultaneously sadness. I love seeing them but am reminded inevitably of there coming violent end. The paradox of Romanovmania, at least for me, and especially so with OTMAA. But this seemingly never ending string of wonderful  new photos  does keep their image to the fore, for which I'm grateful.
Rodney G.

Offline Ally Kumari

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
    • Imperial Russia
« Reply #479 on: December 31, 2013, 09:44:27 AM »
http://i062.radikal.ru/1312/f4/38182cf28b1d.jpg

Anastasia looks as tall as Maria. I am actually quite surprised. She really grew up in those few last years. Makes me even more convinced the remains found in the first grave were indeed hers.