Author Topic: Gleb and Tatiana Botkin, children of Dr Botkin  (Read 102817 times)

Offline Sarushka

• Velikye Knyaz
  • May I interest you in a grain of salt?
    • View Profile
Re: Gleb and Tatiana Botkin, children of Dr Botkin
« Reply #120 on: May 09, 2009, 01:14:15 PM »
I´m affraid they were just not willing to admit their world, the world as they had known, vanished, and they focused on Anna Anderson as to a connection with the past...

Believing Anastasia survived may also have allowed them to believe their father's death was not in vain.
THE LOST CROWN: A Novel of Romanov Russia -- now in paperback!
"A dramatic, powerful narrative and a masterful grasp of life in this vanished world." ~Greg King

Offline Thomas_Hesse

• Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: May 10, 2009, 03:01:41 AM »
the way the treated the Imperial Family post the revolution. To say they are now disliked might be an understatement.

what do you mean?
Meine Kaiserin

Offline Lemur

• Graf
  • reach for the top!
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: May 11, 2009, 10:28:24 PM »
Such a shame they tagged onto Anna Anderson and the way the treated the Imperial Family post the revolution. To say they are now disliked might be an understatement.

I agree with you Michael. There is no excuse at all for the way he treated the family while trying to secure money for Anna Andersen. Here is the letter he wrote to the sisters of the Tsar.

"Your Imperial Highness!

Twenty four hours did not pass after the death of your mother when you hastened to take another step in the conspiracy against your niece..You obviously knew that her late Majesty would not have permitted the issuance by you of such a statement and only waited for her Majesty's death to make it public...I refuse to believe you are not actually convinced Mrs. Tchiakovsky is not the Grand Duchess Anastasia..You are convinced of her real identity, it is evident in the fact that in the course of your whole fight against her you have never made a truthful statement or mentioned a single fact, but resort to the vilest slander and most preposterous lies...Before the wrong which Your Imperial Highness is committing, even the gruesome murder of the Emperor, his family and my father by the Bolsheviks pales! It is easier to understand a crime committed by a gang of crazed and drunken savages than the calm, systematic, endless persecution of one of your own family, the Grand Duchess Anastasia Nicholaevna, whose only fault is that, being the only rightful heir to the late Emperor, she stands in the way of her greedy and unscrupuous relatives."

Offline Ally Kumari

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
    • Imperial Russia
« Reply #123 on: May 12, 2009, 02:53:43 AM »
Imagine what a letter like that must have done to Olga Alexandrovna, who knew AA wasn not Anastasia and was truthful. It´s also "funny" from Gleb tomention the murder of the Emperor, his family and dr. Botkin, but he obviously didn´t care about Demidova, Kharitonov or Trupp for that matter....

I think he genuinelly believed in AA, unfortunatelly refused to see the evidence against her. I alwaysthought he and his sister knew Anastasia really well, but as it turns out, they were never playmates, only met several times, and they didn´t meet the Grand Duchesses in captivity - they were not allowed inot the governor´s house at all....

Offline CorisCapnSkip

• Graf
  • I Love YaBB 2!
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: May 17, 2009, 03:30:17 AM »
How could Gleb Botkin have believed Anna Anderson?  Weren't he and his sister the main ones coaching her in her story?  If not, where did AA get her information before so many details were in print?  This makes his offense, in authoring this letter and other actions against the surviving family, even worse--he knew he was lying and wrote outrages against bereaved people.  Gleb, in particular, came up with the story of the animal paintings which was said to be the most positive identification of Anna Anderson as Anastasia in her lifetime.

Offline Olgasha

• Knyaz
  • Михаил Александрович Романов
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: May 25, 2009, 06:54:40 AM »
Botkin Family
Мишкин, Мишкин… - зашелестел кумачовым флагом на улице озорник ветер...

Offline Ally Kumari

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
    • Imperial Russia
« Reply #126 on: May 25, 2009, 07:04:59 AM »
What a great picture!

Does anybody know the name of Mrs. Botkin? I know the first born child was Evgeny, but died in infancy, and presuming two youngest in the picture are Gleb and Tatiana, who are the other two?

Offline Olgasha

• Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: May 25, 2009, 07:09:50 AM »
Maybe their cousins...

Offline nena

• Velikye Knyaz
  • But every spring smells like you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: May 25, 2009, 03:05:12 PM »
Tatiana  Melnik Botkina cried when saw Nicholas' blue eyes. Tatiana (Nicholaievna) made for her blue cap, after recovering of typhus, as it is said in her memories.

Here is bigger, but lower quality:

-Ars longa, vita brevis -
Mathematics, art and history in ♥

Offline Olgasha

• Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: May 27, 2009, 03:51:29 AM »
Dr Botkin

Offline Sarushka

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: May 27, 2009, 07:10:13 AM »
Maybe their cousins...

They're all Botkin's children. Unfortunately I can't remember their names at the moment. I'll have a look in Tatiana's memoirs.
"A dramatic, powerful narrative and a masterful grasp of life in this vanished world." ~Greg King

Offline Sarushka

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: May 27, 2009, 07:50:23 AM »
Botkin's elder sons were named Dmitri and Yuri. Both were killed in action during WWI.

Offline nena

• Velikye Knyaz
  • But every spring smells like you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: May 27, 2009, 01:46:13 PM »
In Botkin's last letter, to 'Sasha', he mentioned, he had vision of his son, I think Yuri, killed in 1914,  written close to last day.
-Ars longa, vita brevis -
Mathematics, art and history in ♥

Offline Olgasha

• Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: December 22, 2010, 02:35:31 PM »
Tatiana Botkina

Offline Ally Kumari

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
    • Imperial Russia
« Reply #134 on: December 02, 2014, 03:19:30 PM »
If the picture has been posted before, the link is broken now...

Here is a picture of Tatiana - she was really beautiful. Her wide-set-apart eyes actually remind me of Grand Duchess Tatiana somehow...