Author Topic: Last photos/film: allegedly taken by Yurovsky in the Ipatiev cellar?  (Read 100612 times)

Offline Joyann1

• Boyar
  • We can only move forward.
    • View Profile
Re: Last photos/film: allegedly taken by Yurovsky in the Ipatiev cellar?
« Reply #180 on: July 01, 2007, 10:55:17 AM »
no i odnt think these are the bodies of the IF

Offline doddy3988

• View Profile
« Reply #181 on: July 01, 2007, 12:41:26 PM »
Hy, I'm new...so I will try to say my opinion. I don't think that this are the Romanovs either:
1. First of all: the quality of the image is too good. If you look at the oficial Romanov pictures...not even those are as clear as this one.
2. This isn't the same room...and in non of the declarations is said that they would have moved the bodyes in another room.
3. At what hour does the sun rises in that region? I suppose not too early...still, you can see the daylight...and I don't think that the executors waited so long to bury the bodyes.
4. The windows are too big and too low for that to be the first floor of the house...and I doubt that they would have moved the bodyes up-stairs in a room while waiting for the truck
Just my humble opinion

Offline doddy3988

• View Profile
« Reply #182 on: July 01, 2007, 12:44:02 PM »
I don't know...I really think that someone did take some pictures. Which one of you would refuse to take a picture when meeting a royalty? I don't say that there are pictures of them dead...I just say that someone did take some pictures while they were in captivity in that house.

Offline Robert_Hall

• Velikye Knyaz
  • a site.
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: July 01, 2007, 03:34:56 PM »
How many times does it need to be said- ? NO pictures of the death of the Imperial Family exsist. Morbid curiosity is just that- MORBID and curious.
Life may not be the party we expected, but while we are here, might as well dance..

Do you want the truth, or my side of the story ?- Hank Ketchum.

Offline mr_harrison75

• Boyar
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: July 01, 2007, 08:57:47 PM »
Well, all the executioners (and Yurovsky himself) were unwell, feeling sick, after the murders. So I don't think they would've thought about taking pictures of their awful deed.

Although we cannot rule out completely the possibility of some official pictures, it is very unlikely that such pictures were taken.

None have surfaced since.

Alixz

« Reply #185 on: July 01, 2007, 09:52:40 PM »
There are no official pictures of the murders of ANY of the Imperial Family.  Not in Yekaterinburg, nor in Alapaevsk, nor in the Fortress of Sts Peter and Paul nor in Perm.

The "executioners" were not exactly obeying any kind of law, past or present, when they executed these members of the Imperial Family. 

No trials were held, not protocol was followed.  The Geneva Convention was ignored.  The only "public" killings were the ones in the fortress.  Can you just imagine one of the executions with his Brownie Starflash telling everyone to "look at the birdie" so that he could get a good shot of the execution either prior to or after the fact.

I know that it was common in the late 1800s in the US to photograph the bodies of dead outlaws.  But that is quite different from photographing the result of a regicide.

Offline doddy3988

• View Profile
« Reply #186 on: July 01, 2007, 11:25:11 PM »
I'm not saying that there are pictures with them DEAD...I'm saying that maybe while they were in Yekaterinburg, someone must have taken thair pictures, right? any kind of pictures....even a couple of days before their death.

Offline dmitri

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: July 01, 2007, 11:26:51 PM »
There are NO photos of the Romanovs executed. There are some artworks of how artists have thought the bodies would have looked or the execution. Nothing else exists and yes they all died.

Alixz

« Reply #188 on: July 01, 2007, 11:36:29 PM »
I know there are pictures taken in Tobolsk. And on the Russ during the voyage to Tobolsk and maybe to Yekaterinburg - but I don't recall any photos that have been released that were taken in Yekaterinburg by the IF or by anyone else.

There are, of course, photos of the Ipatiev House while they were incarcerated and perhaps photos of the windows of their rooms from the outside.

Actually, the IF taking any pictures in Yekaterinburg would have been kind of frivolous considering the state of imprisonment they were being held in.

Does anyone know of any others who might have taken pictures during the IFs stay in Ipatiev House?  Not, of course, the night of the murder.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2007, 11:39:17 PM by Alixz »

Offline doddy3988

• View Profile
« Reply #189 on: July 02, 2007, 02:09:27 AM »
I was wondering the same thing to. Some of the guards were very atached by the girls and really cared about them (remember that one of the killed himself when hearding about the execution)...so maybe they took some pictures of themselves with the girls, in the house, or even in the garden (they were together with the girls very often during their walks). And who knows...mybe this photos still exist...in some archives.

Alixz

« Reply #190 on: July 02, 2007, 06:28:27 AM »
I don't remember how expensive cameras were is the early part of the 20th century, (I'll have to do some research) perhaps some other poster knows.

I know that the prices seems cheap to us today, but we have to factor in income and inflation in order to know if any of these guards could have afforded a camera at that time.  The cameras of the IF were probably impounded by the guards in Yekaterinburg as we know they had them in Tobolsk.

Offline Joyann1

• Boyar
  • We can only move forward.
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: July 02, 2007, 07:59:54 AM »
eys they were very expensive in that time almost no one could afford one

Offline Cordelia Flyte

• View Profile
« Reply #192 on: July 09, 2007, 02:52:15 PM »
I find myself suspecting that the photo is an intentional hoax.  It's as though someone set out to represent bodies under a shroud, but made obvious mistakes [such as the bodies all being the same length].  We see what we expect to see, which is usually something pretty creepy. 

Many have pointed out that the bodies seem to be skeletal, which might answer some of the doubts, until one remembers that skeletal remains don't remain intact for long.  I'm not a forensic anthropolist, but I remember reading that skeletons become disarticulated within weeks or months of death.  Some of the posts in this thread mention rumours that the bodies were dumped, exhumed, and then re-dumped.  This would suggest that the remains would be far from pristine. 

But let's face it.  Trying to determine if the "bodies" in the photo are the Romanov's or someone else, will never result in a satisfactory answer.  The physical attributes of the photograph itself should be taken into account.  Does the author of the book still have it?  Has she had it examined?  It seems to me the paper/material it is printed on could help to date the subject matter.  For example, if it is printed on paper that was not available in Russia at the relevant time, that would tell us a great deal.

Nevertheless, it is a fascinating subject.  I know some of you are tired of it, but I'm new and had to put my two cents worth in.   :)
God bless,
Kate

Offline Padawan Ryan

• View Profile
    • Padawan of the V'tosh Ka'tur
« Reply #193 on: July 09, 2008, 06:19:09 PM »
I would like to see the photos simply because I have a
Strong stomach and can handle it, as well as I am interested.
I've delt with the death of my father, and still look at pictures
I had taken at his funeral 1.5 years ago, so I think I'd be able
Look at pictures of the Romanovs following their execution.
Padawan of the V'tosh Ka'tur. Social Work graduate, History student.

Offline rosieposie

• Graf
  • Eva Duarte de Peron, May 7 1919 - July 26 1952
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: July 13, 2008, 11:22:13 AM »
I have seen pics taken of Ella and the others after they were killed.  It was in a Russian book.

As for the IF I would look at for curosity sake.  I have seen pics and movies of the bodies of those in concentration camps,  the hanging of Amon Goeth,  pics of the severed and mutliated body of Elizabeth Short aka the Black Dhalia. The photos of Mussolini and his mistress when they were hanged upside down.  The mummy of Eva Peron, even when she was being embalmed. 

I know I'm morbid. 
Beautiful faithful Nargony.
Thanks Emily!

Miranda:" Everything begins and ends at exactly the right time and place."
"Picnic at Hanging Rock" (1975) Movie.