Author Topic: The Lost Prince  (Read 74287 times)

Offline Ortino

• Velikye Knyaz
  • Ortino
    • View Profile
Re: The Lost Prince
« Reply #75 on: August 16, 2005, 02:06:49 PM »
Question:
Are the Romanovs protrayed through this whole movie? or just a few episodes? If they are protrayed in just a few eps, which ones?

Cheers  ;D

They appear several times physically and are mentioned frequently in the movie. They are all visible in both the first and second part.

Offline Laura Mabee

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
    • Frozentears.Org
« Reply #76 on: August 16, 2005, 09:14:14 PM »
Thanks Ortino ^_^

NAAOTMA

« Reply #77 on: September 19, 2005, 07:02:50 PM »
Last night "The Lost Prince" won the Emmy for Best Made For TV Movie!!!  

Offline Janet_W.

• Velikye Knyaz
  • ...And no one's grief has ever passed you by...
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: September 19, 2005, 09:53:20 PM »
Yes, I read about that in today's paper! And although many of us (including me) have taken issue with certain aspects of the script, still I am glad that it has been celebrated. At last, recognition for a once "lost" prince!

Offline Grand Duchess Marishka

• View Profile
    • Ponaganset Hogwarts
« Reply #79 on: October 07, 2005, 05:42:06 PM »
I loved this movie/show, and the family all together with their glowing white garments, looking like angels. I cried both times I saw it.

Offline Glebb

• Dobro Pozhalovat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: October 09, 2005, 07:29:32 AM »
My copy finally arrived and I love it.
I always thought of Alexandra as being most at home in England.
I know she became devoted to Russia but I still thought she was most comfortable speaking English and most happy in England.
BBC is usually so good about being authentic.  Do you think Alexandra was that removed and uptight by the time of the trip to England and do  you think the Royal children were that aloof?  I don't think the rooming situation in Ekaterinburg was very realistic.  Never the less I loved this film and hope for a longer BBC film based on the last Imperial Family.
The extravagances of Kings were beyond compare. They spent our money without counting.  But when they constructed such marvels, were they not putting our money aside for us?   - French saying  -- From Suzanne Massie's PAVLOVSK

Offline lostfan

• Boyar
  • lille prins christian
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: October 26, 2005, 01:56:17 PM »
I didn't like the cellar scene either, mostly because of the little errors, like Alexei walking, yet again (I THINK, don't quote me on this) a servant was missing. I liked that one of the servants carried Jemmy, although I'd always though Anastasia held him and he was alot smaller. Ah well. I also didn't like how LARGE the room was. It looked more like a basement than a cellar.
Men are haunted by the vastness of eternity. And so we ask ourselves: will our actions echo across the centuries? Will strangers hear our names long after we're gone and wonder who we were? How bravely we fought? How fiercely we loved?

Offline eleonora

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: October 26, 2005, 02:36:56 PM »
do you have pics about this film?in particular about otma and final scene?

« Last Edit: May 14, 2009, 04:12:06 PM by Alixz »

Offline Annushka

• View Profile
« Reply #83 on: November 02, 2005, 11:45:34 AM »
The Lost Prince is being shown again on Masterpiece Theater in the US. In December of this year.

Holly
AKA HollyMI,  Princess of the ancient kingdom of Michigan, USA.

Offline imperial angel

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: November 18, 2005, 10:40:14 AM »
I saw some of this and I liked what I saw of it. It focuses on history from a different viewpoint, which turns out to fascinating.We always like when they bring minor characters from history, and see it through their eyes. I think people think they get more insights that way.

Offline imperial angel

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: November 18, 2005, 10:41:36 AM »
I met turned out to be fascinating..I wish I had seen more of this-it seemed on target.

Offline eleonora

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: December 18, 2005, 07:53:55 AM »
the 26 and 27 december you can see "the lost prince" on bbc

Offline Romanov_Fan19

• Graf
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: December 20, 2005, 07:48:37 PM »
Ive saw it once already   ive just finnished  watching  part 1  for the second time part 2 will be on  pbs on Christmas day    its soooo sad the poor thing  the  seziures  and the mental disorder :'(  I Must admit i almost cried  during part 1     at least we can all take comfort in knowing  his little souls n Heaven now  and his new body  has no affliction :)   he is now free  playing with  otmaa  and someday  God willing ill join them

Offline Grace

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: December 23, 2005, 06:27:50 AM »
As I've already said on the Windsor thread about this series The Lost Prince, why were the Romanovs even in it at all, let alone their gruesome death scene - quite unnecessary.

Prince John would have barely met Nicholas, Alexandra and their children so I don't understand this.  

I realise that some indirect characters have to be included at times to provide an historical backdrop etc., but the focus should have been far more on Prince John's parents, brothers and sister, grandparents etc., how they related to him and how they coped with his disabilities.

The Romanovs?  Totally irrelevant here.  Their inclusion spoilt it for me.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2009, 04:13:33 PM by Alixz »

Offline Ortino

• Velikye Knyaz
  • Ortino
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: December 23, 2005, 07:59:29 AM »
As I've already said on the Windsor thread about this series The Lost Prince, why were the Romanovs even in it at all, let alone their gruesome death scene - quite unnecessary.

Prince John would have barely met Nicholas, Alexandra and their children so I don't understand this.  

I realise that some indirect characters have to be included at times to provide an historical backdrop etc., but the focus should have been far more on John's parents, brothers and sister, grandparents etc., how they related to him and how they coped with his disabilities.

The Romanovs?  Totally irrelevant here.  Their inclusion spoilt it for me.

They were not totally irrelevant in the movie because they were people that Prince John remembered and perhaps, if it can be said, even obsessed over. Even though he only met them once, he seemed to remember them, especially Marie, quite vividly. He makes drawings of them and writes letters to them. The inclusion of their death and what happened to them was appropriate not only for historical content, but to evoke sympathy. These were people that Prince John cared about and they died, almost foreshadowing his own death.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2009, 04:14:27 PM by Alixz »