Author Topic: Where would you have lived?  (Read 12544 times)

Offline leanora

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
Where would you have lived?
« on: February 05, 2005, 12:26:22 PM »
hi,... ;)

I am interested to know :

If you have had the opportunity to rule Russia at the beginning of the 20th century, in which palace would you have lived? Would you have prefered to live in Moscow or St Petersurg? maybe some of you would have created a new capital in Livadia  ;D  ... of course, I know that most of you will reply "the Alexander Palace" So, If you consider that Nicholas, Alexandra and OTMA would have never existed, could you really choose the AP?

For my part, I would have prefer to live at St petersburg, in the catherine palace, this palace is so amazed, and I have always been fascinated by this big Building in white and blue... I think it's the most beautiful palace in Europe....

What about you?

Offline jehan

• Graf
    • View Profile
Re: Where would you have lived?
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2005, 12:35:49 PM »
When I was in St Petersburg a couple of years back, the palace I fell in love with was Pavlovsk.  Not the grandest, or the largest, but the one that seemed  the most comfortable, with a more "homey" feeling (in a relative sense, of course!)  Lovely grounds too!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by jehan »
Forget your perfect offering
There is a crack in everything
That's how the light gets in. 
(leonard Cohen)

Offline felix

• Knyaz
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2005, 12:42:41 PM »
Petrovorets, the park and water do it for me.

Offline londo954

• Graf
  • Live Long and Prosper
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2005, 12:50:38 PM »
Considering them all:
Winter Palace--- I agree with Alexander III too draughty
alos too public
In St. Petersburg I would choose Kamensostrovsky or Yelagin.....they have a more homey feel

At Tsarskoe Selo I would have made the same choice as Nicholas I am afraid the Alexander Palace because it has a homey feel to it and is a little out of the way from the public eye.

Of course Livadia and Peterhof in the Summer

In Moscow I would build another residence in suburbs like the one that Peter I lived in. Perhaps finish Tsaritsyn that Palace looks very intriguiing.

In short the so called Official residences: Catherine Palace, Winter Palace and Kremlin would be too big, too flashy and definately TOO COLD  ::)

Offline kmerov

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2005, 01:01:03 PM »
Maybe im a cold person, but i would have lived in the Winter Palace and the Catherine Palace, as main residences !
In the summer i would prefer Peterhof and Djulber in the Crimea..

Offline Svetabel

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
    • http://svetabella.livejournal.com/
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2005, 01:26:11 PM »
I would have  prefer not to live in some palace looking through the window right to the Neva River! Very windy,believe me  ;D ...
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by svetabel »

Offline nerdycool

• Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2005, 01:30:56 PM »
I believe my pick would be Pavlovsk for most of the year, and Livadia in the summer. Though it would be too grand and formal for me, I would live a couple of months at the Catherine Palace, just so it gets some Imperial use!

Offline bball33

• Mashka is the cutest GD
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2005, 02:52:38 PM »
I definately would have picked Livadia for the summer and the Catherine Palace the rest of the year.
I have a new obsession with HP

Offline TJ Jones

• Boyar
  • I'll never be regular here... *cries*
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2005, 03:23:04 PM »
I would have lived in Moscow for most of the year in the Grand Kremlin palace,and I would stage large Military parades on the red square every year on my birthday,For the winter I would live in the Winter palace but I would close those roads thats on each side of the palace I would also extend the embankment further out into the Neva and build a Winter palace park where those roads used to be and at the extended embankment.I would also build a Huge gate about the same size as the Victory arch and it would wrap around to the extended embankment and make the palace more personal.

TJ
Rule TJ! TJ rules the waves, TJ will never, never, never, eat mayonnaise!

Offline Annie

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
    • Anna Anderson Exposed!
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2005, 08:06:17 PM »
Moika Palace

Offline chintz22

• Boyar
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2005, 09:32:04 PM »
Hi All,

I'm with you NerdyCool; Pavlovsk most of the year with vacations to Livadia.  I just fell in love with Pavlovsk when we visited--the architecture, the scale, the grounds.  I could be very happy there!   ;)  I would love to visit the Crimea and the New Palace at Livadia, the descriptions make it sound like such a lush paradise.  I hope the proposed AP forum trip there materializes someday.

Best,

Sarah

Offline Abby

• Knyaz
  • July 18th 2005: 87 years
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2005, 11:12:54 PM »
Livadia seemed like paradise. I hate the cold winters here in PA!

Although I think the IF's choice of living in the Alexander Palace was a good one. I go for smaller more "homy" - type places.

Offline pinklady

• Graf
  • Imagine being the person your dog thinks you are..
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2005, 02:00:44 AM »
I'd pick as my permanent residence the Alexander Palace too as such lovely park grounds and smaller palace means more homey, and I love the lakes.
I'd pick Livadia for summer so I have to agree with Nicholas and Alix  main choices of AP and Livadia.
However I would hate travelling around so much so I may be boring and mainly stay at those two.
I reckon staying at Peterhof occasionally would be fantastic for a holiday with those fountains!!

Offline Alice

• Graf
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2005, 03:14:38 AM »
I'd actually like to live on the Standart.  :D I'm in love with the idea of living on the sea . . .

Offline Olga

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2005, 03:53:55 AM »
Terem Palace. Maybe Livadia.