Discussions about the Imperial Family and European Royalty > The Myth and Legends of Survivors

Claimants of Tsarevich Alexei Nikolaevich

(1/108) > >>

investigator:
Some people believe that Alexei survived and lived in America and even had children.  How much truth is in this school of thought?

Forum Admin:
There is no truth whatsoever in any fantasy story that Alexei escaped. Period.

As I said earlier, as Inheritor to the Throne of Russia, the Bolsheviks would have made very certain that Alexei was dead. Also, given the known fact of his hemophilia, he could not have survived any injuries from the executioners for any length of time.  Lastly, an eyewitness, who was not part of the execution squad testified that he had seen Alexei's corpse and described it in great detail.

Alexei's supposed "survival and escape" is frankly even more a fairy-tale fantasy than that of Anastasia. Even those who still believe in Anna Anderson mostly concede that Alexei did not survive.

insight:
Do you know the name of the eyewitness and if so the circumstances behind the observation?

Alice:
I'd like to know that too. (Who the eyewitness was)

Forum Admin:
This was a member of the Cheka, G.I. Sukhorukov, who was assigned to go help dispose of the corpses of the Royal Family the next morning. On April 3, 1928 his memoir:... "It was necessary to begin digging up the corpses (after the attempt to burn them the previous night)...the first thing we came across was the leg of the last Nicholas.  He was removed successfully, and then all the others. To be precise, it can be said that everybody was naked, except for the heir, who had on a sailor shirt but no trousers."

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version