Author Topic: Claimants of Tsarevich Alexei Nikolaevich  (Read 241635 times)

Finelly

Re: Claimants of Tsarevich Alexei Nikolaevich
« Reply #255 on: June 26, 2005, 12:16:40 PM »
You know, every now and then I have the weirdest thoughts....I get the feeling that Teddy and Dolly are just stuffed objects and they don't really talk...their owners are the ones really talking....

Then I slap myself.

Offline etonexile

• Velikye Knyaz
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: June 26, 2005, 12:31:58 PM »
You know, every now and then I have the weirdest thoughts....I get the feeling that Teddy and Dolly are just stuffed objects and they don't really talk...their owners are the ones really talking....

Then I slap myself...*

*Is this the reason for your lovely complexion...?

Teddy seems to have problems believing we are real...it works both ways... ;D

Offline pinklady

• Graf
  • Imagine being the person your dog thinks you are..
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: June 27, 2005, 07:01:30 AM »
I am shocked.
Dolly is certainly not stuffed, she is of the finest porcelain, with a complexion as smooth and beautiful as peaches and cream.
Dear Eton and Teddy, Pinklady and Dolly both love hard drinks ;)
depending on the mood, the more the better ;D

Offline etonexile

• Velikye Knyaz
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: June 27, 2005, 09:54:28 AM »
I am shocked.
Dolly is certainly not stuffed, she is of the finest porcelain, with a complexion as smooth and beautiful as peaches and cream.
Dear Eton and Teddy, Pinklady and Dolly both love hard drinks ;)
depending on the mood, the more the better ;D

Owww...yar...making for zee easy entertaining then....

Offline RussiaSunbeam1918

• Knyaz
  • "You've got to hide your love away." -The Beatles
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: June 27, 2005, 10:03:10 AM »
"Oh,yes...they were both European, white ,males...I forgot that staggering similarity.... "

Ok, isn't that ENOUGH?  what MORE do you WANT?  

Maybe...scars, a simmilar facial structure, some proof that he had been in a massacre besides deafness (that probably would have blown off the Tsarevitch's ear not deaffened him) proof he was a royal...I mean, if they never found the body, they couldn't undress him and thus take any jewels that were on his person. Would this qualify as some sort of proof?  I think any of these things would help sway his case.

Offline etonexile

• Velikye Knyaz
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: June 27, 2005, 11:34:49 AM »

Maybe...scars, a simmilar facial structure, some proof that he had been in a massacre besides deafness (that probably would have blown off the Tsarevitch's ear not deaffened him) proof he was a royal...I mean, if they never found the body, they couldn't undress him and thus take any jewels that were on his person. Would this qualify as some sort of proof?  I think any of these things would help sway his case.

Erm...I should imagine that the corpse of the late AN was undressed...along with the missing sister....before being burned or whatever....how rude of the murderers not to keep all the IF together for us nearly 90 years later...people...sheeeesh
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by etonexile »

Offline RussiaSunbeam1918

• Knyaz
  • "You've got to hide your love away." -The Beatles
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: June 27, 2005, 11:54:32 AM »
 ;) Sorry.
I was trying to say that if Tammet was Alexei and "escaped" then he wouldn't have been undressed and burned...well, because he was alive...so if there was anything hidden in his clothing and such he could have used that as proof. (I don't know if Tammet even mentions this...I don't know much about him.)

But yeah, I agree that the real Alexei was burned and all...once again sorry for confusion.

Offline JonC

• Boyar
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: July 08, 2005, 10:29:48 PM »
Bear the claimant I have refered to in the past...no names please...who was Alexie did have a son. He is alive today practicing law in a small town in Sicily. His name, I was told, is Gigi. I can't say more for fear of expulsion.
Since Alexei's body has not been found, we do not know what happen to Alexei.

If Alexei did survive and lived into his twenties, he might well have had a child.

If this is true, don't you think if a claimant came along who really was Alexei's son, that he has every right to make this claim?

Do not not slam the doors shut in every claimants face unless you know the fate of Alexei.

Until then,  all of us should keep an open mind, or, as we say in Bear territory, don't climb into that silly old box where too many others are there pretending  everything is solved and there is nothing else to learn and know and ponder.
AGRBear

Lizameridox

« Reply #263 on: July 10, 2005, 08:22:26 AM »
Nonsense.  The little Tsarevich was killed in 1918.  He was not protected by Catholics and live in Ohio.  He did not teach tap dancing in Vancouver or contract marriages of convenience to get out of Estonia.  He had nothing to do with the CIA or have a son with a Greek princess.

None of these people were Alexei.  Absolutely none of them.

Offline etonexile

• Velikye Knyaz
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: July 10, 2005, 11:01:50 AM »
Nonsense.  The little Tsarevich was killed in 1918.  He was not protected by Catholics and live in Ohio.  He did not teach tap dancing in Vancouver or contract marriages of convenience to get out of Estonia.  He had nothing to do with the CIA or have a son with a Greek princess.

None of these people were Alexei.  Absolutely none of them.

None of the above is true...?...Well now I know why Spielberg hasn't returned my phone calls....tsk.... >:(

Finelly

« Reply #265 on: July 10, 2005, 09:05:39 PM »
No, Spielberg hasn't called because he's busy trying to deal with the Tom Cruise debacle...he'll call.  He will.

Offline Joy0318

• Graf
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: December 24, 2005, 07:45:00 PM »
Another tiresome novel created to distort the real facts.  >:(

Those were my thoughts too after reading that book. I found it  used for a good price somewhere and naturally I was very excited for I read anything I can find on the Romanovs. But I was not impressed with this one. Very very unbelievable!

As much as I would have loved for Alexei to have survived the massacre I don't think that is possible. I don't think any of them survived that night and IMO Alexei is the least likely to have survived. A hemophiliac surviving being shot at close range in the head?  I don't think so!

And even if by some miracle he has survived that night I don't think that he would have lived as long a life as Vasili Filitov. I'm no medical expert but  I read somewhere the prognosis  for hemophiliacs born in the early 20th century were not good. Most of them died as children as there was so little that could be done to help them.  Vasili Filatov lived well into his 80's. I don't think he was Alexei.

« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by RomanovFan318 »
A horse is a horse of course of  course
And no one can talk to a horse of course
That is of course unless the horse
Is the famous Mr. Ed.

Offline AGRBear

• Velikye Knyaz
  • The road to truth is the best one to travel.
    • View Profile
    • Romanov's  Russia
« Reply #267 on: December 29, 2005, 10:24:03 AM »
There is a section about Claimants and a list in which Vasily Filatov is mentioned:

http://hydrogen.pallasweb.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=loonies;action=display;num=1097613572

There are a couple of pages just about Filatov with some photographs of  Filatov and family:
http://hydrogen.pallasweb.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=loonies;action=display;num=1089372646;start=0#0

For another thread about photographs and comparisons,  I had copied this from the book:

Some information on the Romanov web site:
http://www.romanov-memorial.com/pretenders.htm

I for one am not convinced that Vasily Filatov is Alexei.  

AGRBear
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by AGRBear »
"What is true by lamplight is not always true by sunlight."

Joubert, Pensees, No. 152

calebGmoney

« Reply #268 on: December 29, 2005, 05:32:51 PM »
Other than in romantic fantasy...NONE of the Romanov family escaped that cellar...DNA is the ultimate proof...but the viciousness of the guards and firing squad is the first evidence...These weren't boy scout with pop-guns...sheeeeesh... ::)

DNA cannot prove if anyone survived or not.

Offline Forum Admin

• Administrator
  • Velikye Knyaz
  • www.alexanderpalace.org
    • View Profile
    • Alexander Palace Time Machine
« Reply #269 on: December 29, 2005, 08:55:57 PM »
It may not, but it DID prove that AA was NOT one of the survivors, without doubt.