Author Topic: Claimants of Tsarevich Alexei Nikolaevich  (Read 241643 times)

calebGmoney

Re: Claimants of Tsarevich Alexei Nikolaevich
« Reply #270 on: December 29, 2005, 09:45:29 PM »
It may not, but it DID prove that AA was NOT one of the survivors, without doubt.
I did not bring Anna Anderson into this case at all. All I stated was what I mentioned, that it cannot prove that no one survived. But since you seem to want to discuss Anna Anderson and the validity of the DNA tests, I will state that it is not possible for her to have been Franziska Schanzkowska, as it has been demonstrated before. Let's just end it at that as this thread is not about Anna Anderson.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by calebGmoney »

Offline Mander

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: December 29, 2005, 11:18:05 PM »
Hi! This is my first post although I've been lurking around the forum for quite some time. I'm fascinated by the Romanov's and have read a lot about them although I'm far from the expert. I found the following online and I was intruiged by some of the questions it raises. I didn't see any particular threads about Mr. Tammett here and was wondering what some of you more seasoned professionals thought of the "circumstances" he describes.

http://www.npsnet.com/tsarevich_alexei/index.html

Myself, as much as I would like to believe that Alexei and possibly one of his sisters survived the execution, I can not. Unless someone gives me DNA evidence of it, I believe that all the Romanov's perished that night. However, I do find the last days very compelling as well as the legacy they left behind.

Some of the things that stood out to me was the possibility that Alexei didn't have hemophilia. I've read many of the threads here on the subject but was a bit unclear. Is it possible he had a different type of blood disease or are you staunch believers that he did have hemophelia? Is it possible that only three or so of the guns actually did contain bullets? Finally, is the information the author included about the Benckendorff family true? These are just a few of the questions I was left with and would love to see your thoughts on the subject. I'm more interested in the actually events than the supposed survival of Alexei himself. The text simply raised some interesting questions about the night in question.

I look forward to hearing some of your thoughts.
Mander

calebGmoney

« Reply #272 on: December 30, 2005, 12:48:54 PM »
Alexei Tammet Romanov is the only claimant other than Anna Anderson that I've ever been interested in. While I'm not saying I'm convinced that Alexei Tammet was the tsarevich, I think it's interesting how the scientists were ordered to stop the DNA tests on Tammet's tooth. It makes me continue to wonder if someone is still trying to hide the truth about what happened that night on July 16, 1918. The possibilty of a survivor is very high.

Offline AGRBear

• Velikye Knyaz
  • The road to truth is the best one to travel.
    • View Profile
    • Romanov's  Russia
« Reply #273 on: December 30, 2005, 05:58:55 PM »
There is another thread listed under Claimants that talk about Alexei Heino Tamet-Romanov:

http://hydrogen.pallasweb.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=loonies;action=display;num=1094856918;start=0#0

A web site:
http://www.npsnet.com/alexei_found/

AGRBear
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by AGRBear »
"What is true by lamplight is not always true by sunlight."

Joubert, Pensees, No. 152

Offline Margarita Markovna

• Velikye Knyaz
  • Call me Ritka :)
    • View Profile
    • My Yahoo Group for OTMA! Join!
« Reply #274 on: December 30, 2005, 08:50:31 PM »
What I find most strange is the fact that they mention hemophilia, and they mention that Filatov had THREE daughters, all of whom would be carriers, yet they don't seem to think this is important enough to find out of any of the daughters had hemophiliac sons?

But hemophilia is passed down from daughter to daughter...any daughter of Alexei's would NOT be a carrier unless the mother was.

Offline Mander

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: December 30, 2005, 08:59:02 PM »
AGRBear- Thanks for the link to the other post. Actually, the website you referred me to is the one I linked above which is where I stumbled onto Alexei Heino Tammet.

There are definite similarities in the photo and the story about him is certainly more plausable than most I have seen. Still, short of DNA I am not inclined to believe in survivors. I would think that the two main bodies they would want to have and confirm death would have been those of Czar Nicholas and Czarovich Alexei.

Do you think the "scenerio" is plausible that the Bolsavics could have used Alexei by putting him back on the throne to control the country?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Mander »

Lizameridox

« Reply #276 on: December 30, 2005, 09:07:23 PM »
Not this again.  If you were to search under the word 'Tammet' on these discussion boards,  you would pull up a lot of material that would satisfy your curiosity about this impostor, including a statement from a member of ERNST Heino Tammet-VEERMAN's family.  We got into considerable discussion last year about St. Alexei's hemophilia, and you may be sorry you asked about this red herring.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Lizameridox »

calebGmoney

« Reply #277 on: December 30, 2005, 09:34:34 PM »
Not this again.  If you were to search under the word 'Tammet' on these discussion boards,  you would pull up a lot of material that would satisfy your curiosity about this impostor, including a statement from a member of ERNST Heino Tammet-VEERMAN's family.  We got into considerable discussion last year about St. Alexei's hemophilia, and you may be sorry you asked about this red herring.

Alexei should not necessarily be considered a saint in my opinion. And really, you don't know Tammet was an imposter for a fact nor do you know the nature of his hemophilia.

Offline Mander

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: December 30, 2005, 09:37:11 PM »
With all due respect, I've spent days reading these forums. It's extremely huge and nearly impossible to verify every post/question you ask to see if it's been discussed already.

Offline Rachael89

• Graf
  • As the world falls down....
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: December 31, 2005, 06:21:17 AM »

There's no need to be so rude, especially to someone who hasn't been a member of the forum very long, everyone makes mistakes and I find this thread interesting, it's nice to discuss something other than Anna Anderson for a change.

Also many have a problem with the search option, it can be very slow for some (including me) something that is not the fault of the users or the admin, it's just simply because of the huge number of posts availiable to search through.

As for the case of Mr Tamment he does indeed bear a striking resembalance to Alexei especially in the picture posted by calebGmoney, but I myself do not beleive his claim due to the fact that I believe that Alexei did indeed have Haemophelia making it near impossible to stay alive after being shot, considering early in his life a bruise could be potentially life threatening.

Thankyou for the links everyone they've all been very interesting.

Best

Rachael

P.S. Welcome to the forum Mander and happy new year to everyone!
It's not fair!

Lizameridox

« Reply #280 on: December 31, 2005, 06:29:47 AM »
My apologies if I have offended anyone.  I could have been more considerate and just posted links to those discussions concerning the subject of this particular impostor, whose claim has been hotly contested here on this board within the past year.   I must confess that I am still a little touchy about the discussions, and probably should have left this alone.  The real Tsarevich needs no defending.

This is the only claimant I know of whose claim to be poor Alexei Nikolaevich has been so elaborately constructed around the idea that maybe the Heir did not have hemophilia.   I could never refer to Mr. Veerman using the name of Alexei.

Again, my sincere apologies to those who frequent the claimant boards.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Lizameridox »

Offline Rachael89

• Graf
  • As the world falls down....
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: December 31, 2005, 07:01:03 AM »
Don't worry about it, I'm sure no one was seriously offended your post just came across as being a little bit 'sharp' if you know what I mean! It happens alot that newbies post things that have said before and some people can come across as being quite rude in their reactions to such posts. I thought you were one of them but you have been very nice about it all.

I do hope that you haven't deleted your account because of what I said, if so I'm sorry I can get preachy soemtimes  ;).

Rachael
It's not fair!

Offline cimbrio

• Knyaz
  • Für Ludwig II
    • View Profile
    • GonDan's Royalty Family Trees
« Reply #282 on: December 31, 2005, 09:51:50 AM »
I'd have to agree with Mander. To my mind, it's impossible that anyone would have survived that rain of bullets and escape the ultimate bayonet stabs. If we do consider there WAS a bolshevik with a soft heart that spared one of the prisoners (a Bolshevik ready to kill a whole family and then show mercy for one of them???  :-/), I frankly doubt he would have spared perhaps the most important, or the seocnd most important member of the family: the Tsarevich. At any rate, if by some way (which hasn't been explained and may never be) Alexey managed to survive and later claim the throne, unless I am shown DNA evidence, I will still believe that all the prisoners were shot and stabbed that night of July 16/17 1918 in Yekaterinburg. This si certainly material for films ;)

Cimbrio

PS-I cannot be sceptical about the aftc that Alexey ahd haemophilia. It quite probably that he did suffer haemophilia, and not only did the royal doctors say so but he showed eveyr symptom of it, as well as having several member sof the family that suffered the malady...

Offline Tania+

• Velikye Knyaz
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: December 31, 2005, 10:52:02 AM »
Mander,

So sorry to be late in replying to your earlier post. Somewhere here in all of these threads of the AP Discussion Board, I believe there was information that the Tsarevich did not have hemophelia, but some other form of blood difficulties. Unfortunately, because of lack of strength, and multiple health issues, I don't have the fortitude to go through all of the threads. But I believe it was something written well after the revolution. Hopefully one of the other readers or posters may have read it as well. I can't point to it's being gospel truth, but it may well state some sort of medical connect to barify it's published statement(s).

Tatiana

TatianaA

Offline Eternal_Princess

• Devoted to the memory of the lost.
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: December 31, 2005, 10:55:56 AM »
Heamophelia, acording to recent studies, doesn't come through the mother, it comes through the father. Which means Alexei's daughters, if he survived and had a family, would have been carriers. (The women of the Victorian line would also have been carriers)

(NB: Queen Victoria's, <this is where the heamophelia started in the family line,>  father was over fifty and they've proven the older a man is, the more likely it is that the sperm will carry the disease. <Victoria's mother was only thirty-two.> So this is where they've identified the heamophelia came into the family. <   :-* for the Discovery Channel.> )

So the disease was already rampant in Alexei's body even if he survived and was young when he was a father.  (If he had heamophelia and not a related blood disorder, they couldn't really be certain back then.)
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Eternal_Princess »
The little Tsarevich is still so young!
Alexei's a fledgling, an innocent son.
Holy Russia, pray for this little one.

(Marina Tsvetaev)