Author Topic: Duplicate Books  (Read 224715 times)

Offline Linnea

• Graf
    • View Profile
Re: Duplicate Books
« Reply #435 on: January 07, 2007, 06:05:15 AM »
Don´t worry - I can fully understand you! ;)

Offline koloagirl

• Graf
  • Loving each other and having faith always.
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: February 01, 2007, 10:54:43 PM »

Bumping this well-deserved thread up.   With all our spring-cleaning going on -- any of us have books that we would like to pass on to other book lovers to make more space for well.....more books?

Everyone loves books -- even my little Ted when we were in Tahiti was busy studying his French dictionary -- you can never be without a book!!!

Anyone have anything up for grabs?  I'm going to look now!

Janet R.

Offline Louis_Charles

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: February 02, 2007, 01:04:23 AM »
Got decent paperbacks of THE RISE AND FALL OF THE THIRD REICH by Shirer and THE DEVIL'S DISCIPLES (profiles of the Nazi leadership, very good) that anyone as wants can have. PM me if interested.

Simon
"Simon --- Classy AND Compassionate!"

"The road to enlightenment is long and difficult, so take snacks and a magazine."

Offline Ortino

• Velikye Knyaz
  • Ortino
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: February 10, 2007, 12:05:02 AM »
It turns out I have ended up with an extra copy of Welch's new book about Anna Anderson. Go figure. Any takers? I can unfortunately ship only to the US, so I apologize to all those overseas.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2007, 12:06:56 AM by Ortino »

Offline Sarushka

• Velikye Knyaz
  • May I interest you in a grain of salt?
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: February 10, 2007, 07:55:42 AM »
It turns out I have ended up with an extra copy of Welch's new book about Anna Anderson. Go figure. Any takers? I can unfortunately ship only to the US, so I apologize to all those overseas.
I'd like a look at it -- as long as you don't mind me cycling it back into the duplicate books system when I'm done! ;)
THE LOST CROWN: A Novel of Romanov Russia -- now in paperback!
"A dramatic, powerful narrative and a masterful grasp of life in this vanished world." ~Greg King

Offline Arleen

• Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: February 14, 2007, 08:56:39 AM »
What a good idea Sarushka!!  A lending library within the AP......

I would love to read this book also, when you are done with it and then I  can ship it on to someone else.

Arleen

Offline Louis_Charles

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: February 19, 2007, 12:29:31 PM »
A brand-new paperback of Anthony Read's The Devil's Disciples: Hitler's Inner Circle, free to a good home.
"Simon --- Classy AND Compassionate!"

"The road to enlightenment is long and difficult, so take snacks and a magazine."

Offline amelia

• Graf
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: March 10, 2007, 06:38:59 AM »
Recently I ordered a copy of  the book LES DERNIERES ANNEES DE LA COUR DE TSARKOE SELO, by Spiridovitch, from The biblioteque Nationale de France.  By mistake they sent me two of the first book. Does anyone want it?  If so, please pm your address.

Amelia

Offline koloagirl

• Graf
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: March 13, 2007, 02:50:18 PM »
 ;D

Dear Amelia:
 :)
I would love to read that lovely book -- my french is just barely adequate, and I would enjoy a chance to "take a crack at it" as they say!

Can you ship to the U.S?   If so:

Janet Rasmussen
3057 Poipu Rd., #14
Koloa, HI  96756
USA

Merci and Mahalo!!!!    :D
Janet R.

Offline koloagirl

• Graf
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: March 13, 2007, 02:56:11 PM »
 ;D

Now my turn!   :D

I have a gently read paperback copy of "Freddy and Fredericka" by Mark Helprin.

I'll type the synopsis from the back: 

..an extrodinarily funny allegory about a most pecular Britich royal family, is immensely mocking of contemporary monarchy and yet deeply sympathetic to the individuals caught in its lonely absurdities.  Freddy, the Prince of Wales, is an overeducated, bumbling anachronism who is massacred daily in the British press.  Fredericka, his troublesome wife, is frivolous, empty-headed, and fond of wearing spectacular clothing with revealing necklines.  Because of the epic public relations disasters caused by these wayward heirs to the throne, they are sent, in a little-known ancient tradition, on a tour de force through a strange and barbarous land - in this case, America."

I was highly suspicious when I first started reading it, being a true Princess Diana "fan" - but it is very sympathetic to both the Prince and POW -- it is a lovely, witty read.

I'd be happy to send it on to whomever would like it -- please U.S. and Canada only - I'm sorry!
Janet R.

Offline koloagirl

• Graf
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: March 30, 2007, 03:48:00 PM »
 ;D

Aloha all!

Just "bumping up" this thread -- sometimes folks forget or are new and don't realize that we have it!   ;D

Just to let you know -- the Max and Charlotte book and the "Freddie and Fredricka" book are bye-bye!   :P

Anyone else?

Janet R.

Agneschen

« Reply #446 on: March 31, 2007, 05:26:13 AM »
I have copies of :

- Il Re e Margherita by Silvio Bertoldi (about King Umberto I of Italy and his wife - in Italian)

- Regina by Arrigo Petacco (bio of Queen Maria José of Italy - in Italian)

- Maria José e Umberto di Savoia  by Cristina Siccardi.

- Ludwig II by Wilfried Blunt (about Ludwig II of Bavaria - in German)

If anyone (preferably from Europe) is interested, please PM me. I would be glad to send them to good homes.

Offline koloagirl

• Graf
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: April 12, 2007, 07:50:06 PM »
 :D

Just "bumping up" this well loved thread!  Anyone doing a spring clearing out? 

I think Olga would have loved this thread, don't you?
Janet R.

Offline Arleen

• Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: April 13, 2007, 02:18:06 PM »
What a sweet picture of Olga.....yes, she would have been one of us book lovers for sure.  (Books are a big part of my life)

I guess with all of the wretched rainy and snowy weather this "so called spring" no one has thought of spring cleaning as yet.  We are still getting bombed here in the East....hope Hawaii is warm, sunny and beautiful as per usual!

Arleen

Offline koloagirl

• Graf
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: April 13, 2007, 02:55:38 PM »
 ;D

Aloha again!

Yes, I'm afraid it is still "weather as usual" here -- it doesn't change much you know -- I think today is supposed to be in the low 80's, light winds, showers in the mountains -- that is pretty much our forecast most of the year!

I worked at our library's booksale last week and looked and looked for anything even "vaguely" royalty related -- came up with nothing!  Darn it!  Now I'll have to get at that cabinet and see what books I can get rid of to make room for more!

Janet R.