Author Topic: King Simeon II of Bulgaria and his family  (Read 105578 times)

Yseult

Re: King Simeon II of Bulgaria and his family
« Reply #135 on: July 03, 2008, 10:27:03 AM »
Boyar, glad to know she´s been fluent in bulgarian ;) But I still suppose she did begin to learn bulgarian after the fall of the Iron Curtain ;)

Marc, Spain was, officially, an absolutely catholic country, "the safeguard of true faith and moral in Europe". And Simeon was ortodox. The newspapers published she was married with a picture of the bride without the groom for this reason.

yolande

« Reply #136 on: July 03, 2008, 12:49:42 PM »
Thank you so much for the information. I have a collection of pictures of the Royal Family. We do not know much about them. They are very discreet. I am glad to see Q. Margarita speaks Bulgarian fluently. I am also surprised to read that she speaks Bulgarian much better than the King. I stiill wonder how they met, and I am very surprised  that the very strict Giovanna approved of her. I read in one of late the Count of Paris' biography that she wanted her son to marry Anne of Orleans, daughter of the Count Henri of paris and current wife of Infante Carlos of Calabria.

Thank you so much for sharing the information.

Norbert

« Reply #137 on: July 03, 2008, 04:56:49 PM »
She is grand daughter of 3 Marquess  de Cortina  and sister of Marquess de Valcabro

YaBB_Jose

« Reply #138 on: July 03, 2008, 06:50:43 PM »
... and a cousin of the late Luis Gomez-Acebo, who married Infanta Pilar

Offline Marc

• Velikye Knyaz
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: July 04, 2008, 06:07:30 AM »
And two of her sons married women of noble ancestry:

Maria Garcia de la Rasilla y Gortazar is the grand-daughter of the 8th Conde de Superunda...

and

Rosario Nadal y Fuster-Puigdorfila is the grand-daughter of 10th Conde de Olocau and through him is a descedant of the families such as:Dukes of Abrantes(and through them Royal House of Portugal),Dukes of Aveiro,Dukes of de Linhares,Dukes of Coimbra,Alvarez de Toledo,Dukes Gonzaga di Solferino through them is a descendant of Duke Alfonso I d'Este of Modena and Princess Isabella of Savoy and through them descedant of other royal houses like Habsburg,Medici(Catherine Medici),Valois etc.

Yet,don't know about two other girls...if someone have information of their ancestry it would be interesting!

Norbert

« Reply #140 on: July 04, 2008, 10:28:19 AM »
and an interesting descent from Montezuma II

Norbert

« Reply #141 on: July 04, 2008, 10:40:48 AM »
so, if 3 Marquess Cortina had 2 sons: Manuel father of the Queen and Jaime father in law of Infanta Pilar, Who is the present Marquess Cortina and why didn't Luis succeed his mother as Ct of Deleitosa ?

yolande

« Reply #142 on: July 08, 2008, 01:16:31 PM »
Please take a look at the link. Q. Margarita signed her name in Bulgarian in 1963. I believe that she must have had some knowledge of the Bulgarian language at that time. By the way, I am lookking for a good biography of K. Simeon in French or English, please provide me with the information and where I can buy it on the web. Thank you to all of you for sharing the information with us.

« Last Edit: June 09, 2009, 04:08:13 AM by Svetabel »

Yseult

« Reply #143 on: July 08, 2008, 02:17:56 PM »
Well, Yolande...it´s easy to sign in another alphabet, you only must to repeat the same types a few times to learn. A century ago, my grand-grand-parents weren´t able to read neither to writte, but they learned to sign their names ;)

yolande

« Reply #145 on: July 14, 2008, 09:14:15 AM »
Has anybody read this biography? Do you know if there is an English version of it? Have you learnt new things about him and his family. I am impressed with what he has done: going back to Bulgaria after fifty years and being elected Prime Minister. What a deed! Moreover, he never sounds angry at the Communists who killed his uncle and ousted him.

Are his children involved in Bulgarian poltics too? I know his son Kyril has some firends of his who are members of the cabinet. Kyril is also a member of a Bulgarian selective club in London. K. Simpen's sister is the Vice President of the Bulgarian Red Cross and on the Board of Directors of the American University in Sofia.

http://www.ndsv.bg/galleries/341/342.html

Thank you for your reply.

yolande

« Reply #147 on: August 04, 2008, 09:54:12 AM »
A documentary on the life of the last king will be shot by a German TV

http://paper.standartnews.com/en/article.php?d=2008-08-04&article=24723

Offline Lucien

• Velikye Knyaz
  • Courtier
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: August 16, 2008, 03:44:14 PM »
The Prince underwent surgery and at present is sedated (artificial coma).

HM Queen Margarita and her sons Princes Konstantin,Kubrat and Kyril visited their son and brother:

http://www.elpais.com/recorte/20080816elpepunac_1/XLCO/Ies/20080816elpepunac_1.jpg

http://www.hola.com/casasreales/2008/08/15/kardam-accidente/imgs/kardam1-a.jpg

Courtesy Manuel H. de Leon.

« Last Edit: February 22, 2011, 01:47:14 AM by Svetabel »
Je Maintiendrai

Offline Lucien

• Velikye Knyaz
  • Courtier
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: August 17, 2008, 04:28:24 AM »
King Simeon is still with his son at the hospital.A statement will be issued at noon.That is just over halve an hour from now.
Je Maintiendrai