Author Topic: Rasputin and Irina Yusupova  (Read 12418 times)

Offline leanora

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
Rasputin and Irina Yusupova
« on: February 24, 2005, 08:04:07 AM »
hello

I've read in the Robert Massie's book that Felix Yussupov used the fact that Rasputin had never met the beautiful Irina to attract him in the cellar of the Moika palace. Felix said :"Rasputin had long wished to meet my wife. Believing her to be in St Petersburg, he accepted my invitation"

BUT I have seen in the book "royal Russia" a photo in which Irina appears with Anna vyrubova and... Rasputin..  ???  So, it seems obvious that Rasputin and Irina had already met before the night of the Rasputin's murder...

Do you think it's possible there was a secret bound between Rasputin and Irina? A bound that even Felix Yussupov didn't guess.... Did Irina was a Rasputin's supporter (or even more, who know)?
« Last Edit: April 14, 2009, 06:26:18 PM by Alixz »

bluetoria

Re: Rasputin and Irina Youssopov
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2005, 10:21:45 AM »
I wouldn't have thought so, particularly since Felix so disliked him  :-/. Maybe they had met before but one occasion doesn't really amount to much, does it?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by bluetoria »

Offline felix

• Knyaz
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2005, 05:48:01 PM »
I think the picture is mismarked, It is Lili Dehn, I believe. They, Anna and Lili went to Siberia with Rasputin. Irina never met Rasputin.

Offline Johnny

• Graf
  • Never mind!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2005, 06:30:11 PM »
felix is right.
Татьяна: Кто ты - мой ангел ли хранитель?

Offline Helen_Azar

• Velikye Knyaz
  • Coming up Fall 2015: Tatiana's diaries and letters
    • View Profile
    • War-time diaries of Grand Duchess Olga Nikolaevna Romanov
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2005, 06:34:05 PM »
Leanora, do have the picture? Maybe you can post it and we can tell for sure who is in it...

Offline leanora

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2005, 03:57:04 AM »
Sorry helen, I would like so much to post the picture, but I have no scan... :(  I can only say that the photo is in the book "Royal russia" ...Perhaps felix could post it?

I think it's doubtful for Lili dehn instead of Irina, the girl with rasputin and Anna looks like Irina tremendously and moreover, it seems to me that Lili dehn disliked so much Rasputin that she said firmly to the empress that she didn't want to meet him.... So, Lili dehn and rasputin had never met... And rasputin came in the palace so rarely than Lili has never seen him neither in tsarkoe selo nor anywhere else... Do you really think it's lili dehn?

Offline Lisa

• Velikye Knyaz
  • Alix & Ella
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2005, 04:50:26 AM »
Here is the pic
I never thought about it, but indeed it's very strange ???
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Lisa »

Offline Lisa

• Velikye Knyaz
  • Alix & Ella
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2005, 04:52:21 AM »
Here are Anna, Alix and Lili Dehn
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Lisa »

Offline leanora

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2005, 05:17:14 AM »
Merci beaucoup pour les photos, Lisa  ;)

What do you think of these pictures? I am not sure about Lili Dehn... I really think that it's irina on the first picture.. the woman has the same features than her(although a bit faster than Irina used to be)...I find no similarities with Lili Dehn

Offline Lisa

• Velikye Knyaz
  • Alix & Ella
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2005, 05:46:32 AM »
I wondered if it was not one of his fans... ??? ??? (but which? ? ? ???)

Offline felix

• Knyaz
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2005, 06:10:55 AM »
Lili did not dislike Rasputin, she claimed he saved her son, and gave her marriage advice. I've seen that picture before where its marked as Lili. Irina never met Rasputin, thats  why Felix used her as the lure to get Rasputin to his house the night they killed him. Anna and Lili did travel to Siberia with Rasputin.

Offline Arleen

• Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2005, 09:20:40 AM »
In the group photo Lili Dehn is the 5th lady from the right amount the standing back row.  I am with Felix, Rasputin never met Irina, but Lili DID travel with Anna and Rasputin that time.  Lisa many thanks for the pictures, they are great!

Offline felix

• Knyaz
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2005, 10:55:09 AM »
Lili was young, about late 20's and considered very attractive,if not beautiful. Her good looks my be what is confusing people.  I can see where someone might think she is Irina. I think Lili was born in the late 1880's . She  appears older in the picture with The Empress. I remember that Countess Hendrikov, refused to meet Rasputin. Maybe thats what people are thinking of.

Offline hikaru

• Velikye Knyaz
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2005, 08:42:13 AM »
According to the memoirs of the Countess Kamarovskaya , who was personal teacher for Irina for a years, when she understand that Rasputin became close with AF and children , she Asked Alexandr Mikhaylovich, father of Irina, what she has to do , if Rasputin will try to be introduced to Irina. AM said that
he dislike Rasputin and asked to Kamarovskaya to make her best in order to prevent the possible meeting of Irina with Rasputin.

Offline Johnny

• Graf
  • Never mind!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2005, 02:18:42 PM »
Lili did meet Rasputin all the time. She is in the two famous pictures of Rasputin and his admirers. Although she tried to play down her relationship with Rasputin in her book, but I strongly believe that she was an admirer of Rasputin if not a real follower.
The woman in the picture can be Lili but she is certainly not Irina. She doesn't look like her and besides, Irina's sense of fashion was totally different. After all, Irina belongs to a younger generation. She wouldn't ware any of those feathered things. If Alexandra's daughters did that's because Alexandra put those clothes on them. At least that's my opinion! Any comments or corrections? Please share!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Johnny »
Татьяна: Кто ты - мой ангел ли хранитель?