Author Topic: Is it just me or...Was Rasputin Scary?  (Read 15742 times)

Offline lexi4

• Velikye Knyaz
  • don't take yourself too seriously
    • View Profile
Re: is it just me or...
« Reply #15 on: July 05, 2005, 11:07:42 PM »
From his pictures, he gives me the creeps too. I still find him an interesting character.
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely, in a pretty and well preserved body; but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, "Wow ---- What a ride!!!"

Offline grandduchess_42

• Velikye Knyaz
  • . Emiliya Brianaiovna . Ella of Hesse .
    • View Profile
    • . Romanov Illusion .
« Reply #16 on: July 06, 2005, 08:38:58 AM »
From his pictures, he gives me the creeps too. I still find him an interesting character.

same here
So keep me awake for every moment
Give us more time to be this way
We can't stay like this forever
But I can have you next to me today
. Josh Groban .

Offline Rijio

• Boyar
  • ~Oosaka Koi no Uta~
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 10, 2005, 04:01:57 PM »
Braaaaaaahhh it's not just you, he is really disgusting, distasteful, revolting, unappetizing  :-X :-X :-X
I guess if I see him in daylight no problem, but if I see it during the night and if I'm alone I'll run away!!!

« Last Edit: April 13, 2009, 09:43:48 PM by Alixz »

Finelly

« Reply #18 on: July 10, 2005, 08:57:48 PM »
Rasputin's photo.  Charlie Manson's photo.

Give me the willies.

Offline Kimberly

• Velikye Knyaz
  • Loyaulte me lie
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 13, 2005, 05:31:19 AM »
A few days pampering at a health spa, massages,deep clensing (lots of soap n water),a good haircut and,perhaps a colonic irrigation and the scare factor would go away. He could find himself on the front of Hello or Vogue.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2009, 09:44:39 PM by Alixz »
Member of the Richard III Society

Offline Rijio

• Boyar
  • ~Oosaka Koi no Uta~
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 13, 2005, 06:55:53 AM »
Do you hink that with a new look and if he dye his hair into blond he could be taken in a boys band?

Offline Kimberly

• Velikye Knyaz
  • Loyaulte me lie
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 13, 2005, 07:52:46 AM »
oh yes indeedy, with a few tattoos and no singing talent whatsoever, he could make it to the top ;D
Member of the Richard III Society

Offline Georgiy

• Velikye Knyaz
  • Slava v vyshnikh Bogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 13, 2005, 05:13:46 PM »
If he had any talent however, he'd not last long...

Offline RealAnastasia

• Velikye Knyaz
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 15, 2005, 08:16:47 PM »
So...You are seeing EVIL IN RASPUTIN EYES!!!  :o And I was told I was almost paranoiac for seeing evil in Yurovsky's eyes, or for sayin he had a bad guy's face!  ;)

RealAnastasia.

rskkiya

« Reply #24 on: July 15, 2005, 08:35:21 PM »
PLEASE Real Anastasia! Noone called you "paranoid"  >:(

I see nothing "scary" in Rasputin's face - it's just the face of a man with a poorly trimed beard!
(gaaawwwd!)

Offline Johnny

• Graf
  • Never mind!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 28, 2005, 04:30:55 PM »
Don't compare Rasputin to Felix Yussoupov or Dimitri. Compare him to other peasants of his time and he would look like a very average person to you.
Seriously, who would scare the hell out of you in person more, Rasputin or Queen Elizabeth I with no eyebrows, a shaven forehead and eggwhite smeared all over her face?
Татьяна: Кто ты - мой ангел ли хранитель?

Alixz

« Reply #26 on: December 30, 2005, 08:47:56 AM »
I think that to compare Rasptuin's picture to that of Charles Manson makes sense.

Manson was badly groomed even for the 1970's and yet his "family" would do anything for him.  He even enlisted a "clean cut" Beach Boy for a while.

When I look at Manson eyes, I also see evil, but that could just be insanity.  Think of the killings he master minded.

While Rasputin looked horrible and is said to have been able to "transfix" people with his eyes, he never set up anything like the Tate/LaBianca murders.

Again, Russia of the late 19th century was much different from the rest of Europe.  It was more mystical and Asian in its ways.

Even clean, bathed and smelling good, I doubt that KGV or QM would have let him in to take care of Prince John during his siezures.  The UK was just not as mystical and the Anglican Church was nothing at all like the Russian Orthodox. (This is just my opinion from what I have read.  I am neither Anglican nor Orthodox.  So please let me know if I am judging this wrong from my readings.)
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Alixz »

Offline Joy0318

• Graf
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 30, 2005, 09:03:19 AM »
His picture has always given me the creeps too. There's just something about his unkempt appearance and his piercing eyes that scare me a bit.  I wonder why Alexei was not afraid of him? I know I would have been if I had been a young child sick in bed and this strange looking man came to my bedside. :o I think I would have screamed my head off.

But looking at his pictures now  don't bother me. Yes, he was strange looking and his eyes seem to cut right through you but  I find the pictures fascinating rather than scary.  You can't study the Romanov's without also studying Rasputin.

A horse is a horse of course of  course
And no one can talk to a horse of course
That is of course unless the horse
Is the famous Mr. Ed.