Discussions about Other Imperial Palaces > Palaces in the Crimea

Ai-Todor

<< < (3/3)

Nadya_Arapov:
Your welcome! :) Livadia was so beautiful, so much like QV's Osborne, but appears very formal, more of a "true" palace. These pictures of Ai Tudor, while lovely, are more reminiscent of a dacha, not a palace. I can actually picture a family living there. Was Ai Tudor really destroyed during WWII?

Svetabel:

--- Quote from: Nadya_Arapov on October 23, 2006, 04:51:36 PM ---Your welcome! :) Livadia was so beautiful, so much like QV's Osborne, but appears very formal, more of a "true" palace. These pictures of Ai Tudor, while lovely, are more reminiscent of a dacha, not a palace. I can actually picture a family living there. Was Ai Tudor really destroyed during WWII?

--- End quote ---

Some buildings in Ai-Todor still exists. Such as former Minor Palace, former Palace for children (of GD Alexander) and 5 more buildings (former laundry and such like).

Constantinople:
Those pics have disaappeared again.  It would be nice if they could be posted permanently on this.

primrose:
The photobucket account would have run out and not been renewed by the poster. This is the problem with posting from a site which requires membership... even when the account is free if too long a time goes by without action PB and others will remove the images.

This particularly concerns me now that the entire site will be archived by the Library of Congress... as years go by there will be huge holes in threads, particularly the photo threads. It might be a good idea to remind members to keep their memberships open so that some of this at least could be avoided.

PAVLOV:
Yes, a very sad fact is that many people go to an enormous amount of trouble and research, and post wonderful photographs on this site, some of which are not available anywhere else, as they are from private family sources. That makes this Forum a centralized reference on the subject of Imperial Russia. Nothing else quite like it, exists. The photographs, and the historical images they represent are removed and disappear, and are therefore lost to everyone.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version