Discussions about the Imperial Family and European Royalty > The Imperial Family

Looking for help with Picture(s) and/or Captions

<< < (3/120) > >>

Lisa:
It was a ball on the 6th may 1888 (Nicholas's birthday). Guests have to dress as "mousquetaires" for the men and as lady of the 18th century (in white) for the women. But I can't remember where the ball took place... I will chek in my books...
Here are Nicholas and Elisabeth Mavrikievna

The Eugene Oneguine play (After Pushkin) took place in 1890. Ella played Tatiana Larina and Nicholas Eugene:

hikaru:
I have found another group photo wearing the same costumes in the Zoya Belyakov's book " The Romanovs, the way it was"
According to her it was " theatrical performance at the Sergievsly Palace 1888. Theatricals, tableau , charades and costume balls in the Serigievsky Palace were also a great success. A unique photograph from 1888, featuring 23 individuals , has survivied  to the present day. It shows costume ball or an amateur performance,very much in the fashion of many of the aristocratic salons of that era."

OTMAbabe45:
how old are they excatly in that picture?

just wondering

taylor

OTMAbabe45:
oh geeze never mind , i just saw the post where it says hes 18..sorry!

Svetabel:

--- Quote ---I have found another group photo wearing the same costumes in the Zoya Belyakov's book " The Romanovs, the way it was"
According to her it was " theatrical performance at the Sergievsly Palace 1888. Theatricals, tableau , charades and costume balls in the Serigievsky Palace were also a great success. A unique photograph from 1888, featuring 23 individuals , has survivied  to the present day. It shows costume ball or an amateur performance,very much in the fashion of many of the aristocratic salons of that era."
--- End quote ---

Yes,this group-shot is great! I like it much! Esp. Ella's looks.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version