Author Topic: Grand Duke Dmitriy Pavlovitch, his wife Audrey Emery, and descendants  (Read 316175 times)

Offline Kalafrana

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
Re: Grand Duke Dmitriy Pavlovitch, his wife Audrey Emery, and descendants
« Reply #525 on: October 15, 2014, 03:26:46 AM »
I agree, the likenesses are very good, apart from Anna Vyrubova, who is far too slim and attractive!

Olga, are you sure the picture you post in Msge 521 is from 1910? I ask because Dimitri is wearing Horse Guards uniform, whereas in 1910 he was still a younker at the Nikolaievsky Cavalry School.

Has the film actually come out yet?

Ann

Offline edubs31

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: October 15, 2014, 09:37:58 AM »
I like what I'm seeing so far too. Although it'd be nice if they put up Olga's hair.
Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right...

Olga from St.P.

« Reply #527 on: October 23, 2014, 05:25:15 AM »
The ball 23.02.1913

Dmitri and Olga Alexandrovna

Olga from St.P.

« Reply #528 on: October 23, 2014, 07:32:11 AM »
Interesting, is this the first series/movie that includes the speculation about an Olga/Dmitri marriage?

Tell me please, how did you learn this information? It's just curious. Maybe I just don't know the origin. The only book in which I have read this version is "Memoirs of Bogdanovich" (1923/4), but it's supposedly fake, although is cited sometimes.

Great pose here!

Yes

Olga from St.P.

« Reply #529 on: October 23, 2014, 07:55:19 AM »
I agree, the likenesses are very good, apart from Anna Vyrubova, who is far too slim and attractive!

Olga, are you sure the picture you post in Msge 521 is from 1910? I ask because Dimitri is wearing Horse Guards uniform, whereas in 1910 he was still a younker at the Nikolaievsky Cavalry School.

Has the film actually come out yet?

Maybe it is winter uniform? It is +- this day then Lev Matshievich (the aviator) is dead, 1910

The film is "Grigory R." (2014), 8 episodes - will officially start off 27 oct 2014 in Russian TV, but I have already seen it  )
More my screenshots here: http://forum.alexanderpalace.org/index.php?topic=17646.30

Some gifs, made my friend Mirlo:
Dmitri and Felix

Felix sing the romance: "Время изменится" -- "The time will change"  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GHfE1Qxk-bw
« Last Edit: October 23, 2014, 08:01:59 AM by Olga from St.P. »

Offline Labuanbajo

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
Coco Chanel and the Pulse of History
« Reply #530 on: October 25, 2014, 06:14:04 AM »
A new biography by Rhonda K Garelick has a chapter on Chanel's affair with Dmitri in the 20's.

The author read Dmitri's diary which is held by the Houghton Library at Harvard University.

Here's a page of Dmitri's drawings. Chanel's favorite number was five - quelle surprise!

http://www.imagebam.com/image/8d3f29360001185

KarinK

« Reply #531 on: October 25, 2014, 12:51:19 PM »
Interesting, is this the first series/movie that includes the speculation about an Olga/Dmitri marriage?

Tell me please, how did you learn this information? It's just curious. Maybe I just don't know the origin. The only book in which I have read this version is "Memoirs of Bogdanovich" (1923/4), but it's supposedly fake, although is cited sometimes.

Some of the English language biographies talk about the gossip at the time, which was based on Olga and Dmitri being such a good dynastic match, beautiful young royals who might inherit the throne together if the mysteriously frail Alexei died (around 1912 people like the British ambassador's daughter were mentioning rumours of an engagement; for the foreign newspapers it was a little like selling stories of Brad and Angelina today, I guess). But it was just gossip, there was never an actual romance between them.

I haven't watched the new series so I don't know what actually happens in the scene where Olga and Dmitri walk arm in arm, but seeing those screencaps made me wonder if they'd decided to go with the dramatic suggestion of the writers who argue (without a lot of evidence) that Dmitri wanted revenge after Rasputin's stories about him ended his close relationship with the imperial family or even his supposed "engagement" with Olga.

Offline rachel5a

• Boyar
    • View Profile
Re: Coco Chanel and the Pulse of History
« Reply #532 on: October 26, 2014, 04:30:03 AM »
A new biography by Rhonda K Garelick has a chapter on Chanel's affair with Dmitri in the 20's.

The author read Dmitri's diary which is held by the Houghton Library at Harvard University.
That's what he is saying about their affair: "I could not have chosen a better friend than dearest Coco to pass the time. We have the strangest relationship. I am far from being in love with her and never was. I fully realize that she is not even very beautiful, but nevertheless I am very attached to her. She herself, I don't know why, is astonishingly good to me, although she never brings up African passions and does not ask about what is happening or about the future". 1921.

Offline Maria Sisi

• Graf
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: January 09, 2015, 06:57:07 PM »
Dmitri with Natalia Brasova circa 1920 in England

Dmitri with Nicholas and Alexandra

teatimeatwinterpalace.tumblr

Offline Maria Sisi

• Graf
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: January 09, 2015, 07:01:17 PM »
Dmitri and Coco Chanel

The Scala Regia Magazine

Offline Maria Sisi

• Graf
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: January 11, 2015, 03:02:20 PM »
Dmitri with Nicholas

Dmitri with her sister and nephew

http://www.liveinternet.ru/users/lan_ka_k/post283605408

Romanov_Fan19

« Reply #537 on: March 24, 2015, 02:45:46 PM »
Did his son Paul have any children

Offline Ally Kumari

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
    • Imperial Russia

Offline Ally Kumari

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
    • Imperial Russia
« Reply #539 on: March 27, 2015, 03:13:18 AM »
Same source as above:

Dmitri Pavlovich with an 8-foot-long fish caught by himself. This photograph was published in several American newspapers / USA, 1931-1932.

Grand Duke Dmitri at the Chateau de Beaumesnil adding the finishing touches to his railroad. 1930s.

Polo de Beyris Coupe Carlton competition, August 5, 1928.