Author Topic: Where do you come from?  (Read 195830 times)

Offline RealAnastasia

• Velikye Knyaz
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
Re: Where do you come from?
« Reply #150 on: August 05, 2005, 06:17:04 PM »
Well, was she a saint or devil? (Evita Perón)

Well...I know it's a joke!  ;D For me she was a great woman. She did lots of things for poor people, and she even pay no attention to her health to keep doing things for them. Of course, some rich people hate her, for they wanted to keep mistreating the people who worked for them, paying them badly and all. So they lied about her, saying she was a prostitute and a demagogue and such things. When she was agonizing, one of these people wrote in the wall of Evta's house: " Hurrah the Cancer!!!"  It was awful.

Perhaps you wants to know that Evita fighted to win the right to vote for the women.  :)

RealAnastasia.

Offline RealAnastasia

• Velikye Knyaz
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: August 05, 2005, 06:18:01 PM »
I hope she will manage to stay that way over the years. :) It would be too sad if she would loose this once she is a queen and under much more pressure and public scrutiny than now.

Yes; I supposes she may end like Lady Diana.  :-/

RealAnastasia.

Offline Robby

• Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: August 06, 2005, 09:25:17 AM »
I have read her autobiography, 'in my own words: Evita', and saw two movies, 'Evita' the musical, and 'Evita' with Esther Goris.
“Courage! I have shown it for years; think you I shall lose it at the moment when my sufferings are to end?” Marie Antoinette

Offline RealAnastasia

• Velikye Knyaz
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: August 06, 2005, 03:50:02 PM »
I have read her autobiography, 'in my own words: Evita', and saw two movies, 'Evita' the musical, and 'Evita' with Esther Goris.

What a good thing that you read this book. In Spanish it's titled: "La Razón de Mi vida" ("The Reasons of My LIfe"). The Von Weber musical is very inaccurate, and so was the "Madonna" movie. The better one is the movie with Esther Goris and Victor Laplace in it. Pretty accurate, even if she was more older than the real Evita, who died when she was 33.

RealAnastasia.

Offline Robby

• Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: August 06, 2005, 04:03:09 PM »
But the book i read was NOT le rázon de my vida, it was a book after that, in did you know they beat Evita's dead body?
“Courage! I have shown it for years; think you I shall lose it at the moment when my sufferings are to end?” Marie Antoinette

Offline Louis_Charles

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: August 07, 2005, 06:11:13 PM »
Charlotte, North Carolina, USA. Born in New York, educated at the University of Virginia and the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. Any other Tarheels on the board?
"Simon --- Classy AND Compassionate!"

"The road to enlightenment is long and difficult, so take snacks and a magazine."

Offline dianoshka

• View Profile
« Reply #156 on: August 08, 2005, 08:31:37 PM »
I was born in Honduras but currently reside in South Florida.  :)

Offline Prince_Lieven

• Velikye Knyaz
  • To Be Useful In All That I Do
    • View Profile
    • Edward III's Descendants
« Reply #157 on: August 09, 2005, 06:37:35 AM »
Dia duit, gachdhuine! I am 100% Irish born and bred and I live in Dublin, the capital.
"How often have I said to you that when you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth?"
-Sherlock Holmes

"Men forget, but never forgive; women forgive, but never forget."

Offline Robby

• Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: August 09, 2005, 06:53:47 AM »
Dia duit, gachdhuine! I am 100% Irish born and bred and I live in Dublin, the capital.

Hey, Ireland is my favorite country  :D

Offline Prince_Lieven

• Velikye Knyaz
  • To Be Useful In All That I Do
    • View Profile
    • Edward III's Descendants
« Reply #159 on: August 09, 2005, 08:55:49 AM »

Hey, Ireland is my favorite country  :D

Cool! Why is that?
"How often have I said to you that when you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth?"
-Sherlock Holmes

"Men forget, but never forgive; women forgive, but never forget."

Offline cimbrio

• Knyaz
  • Für Ludwig II
    • View Profile
    • GonDan's Royalty Family Trees
« Reply #160 on: August 09, 2005, 11:31:16 AM »
I come from La Coruña (Spain), but I'm half Spanish (mom's side) and half Anglo-American-Italian on my dad's side. Hope to become Russian by marriage :D

Offline Robert Wisener, PA

• View Profile
« Reply #161 on: August 09, 2005, 08:14:10 PM »
Living in Erie, PA in northwest PA.  Lived in State College, PA and Buffalo, NY for school.  Then lived in Pittsburgh and Albany, NY.  If anyone's in the area let me know.  Would love to grab coffee with a fellow Romonophile.
The history of our race, and each individual's experience, are sown thick with evidence that a truth is not hard to kill and that a lie told well is immortal.
-Mark Twain

Offline Vicki

• View Profile
« Reply #162 on: August 10, 2005, 12:14:57 PM »
I live in Ann Arbor, Michigan.  I was born in Florida and went to school in Indianapolis.  Are there any other people from the Ann Arbor area on the board?

Offline Svetabel

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
    • http://svetabella.livejournal.com/
« Reply #163 on: August 13, 2005, 02:36:28 PM »
Born and live in Saint-Petersburg,Russia. Greetings to all my compatriots! :)  :D
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by svetabel »

Offline Robby

• Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: August 13, 2005, 04:33:29 PM »

Cool! Why is that?

Because i love the nature and all of that.