Author Topic: height/weight near the end  (Read 62830 times)

Maria_Pavlovna

Re: How Tall Was Alexei Before He Died?
« Reply #120 on: October 24, 2007, 12:49:06 PM »
I clearly doubt Alexei was 5'8! that insane!

I remember reading about the murder, and same of the guards said, "the smallest one"

I guess the heights of the Imperial Family were:

Nicholas - 5'7
Alexandra- 5'7 1/2   (she was known to be a little taller then her husband)
Olga- 5'5
Tatiana- 5'6 1/2 (or the same height as her father)
Maria- 5'5
Anastasia 5'2 1/2
Alexei 5'1

the remains say, Marie was 5'2.5 somewere and that Alexei was 4'6.9 tall.

I think they should try again with the height, because everything else fiits into place- the bodies, the gender, bullets, etc....it has to be Anastasia and Alexei. But I really still think it Maria. At this point i don't care whom is missing, they alll have been found!

Annie

« Reply #121 on: October 26, 2007, 02:12:37 PM »
He was, by the mark on the wall, measured to be 5'1" in Feb. 1917. It's unlikely he never grew again in the next year and a half.

Natasya

« Reply #122 on: October 29, 2007, 07:41:22 PM »
But seven inches? That seems extreme...

amanduhh592

« Reply #123 on: October 30, 2007, 06:04:56 PM »
Not really.
Boys grow alot in the teen years
The boy who played Edmund in The Chronicles of Narnia grew 7 1'2 inches while the filming took place, and that was probably only 6 or 7 months.
For all we know, Alexey could have grown the 7 inches too, and maybe even taller.

lunarspacer

« Reply #124 on: November 10, 2007, 05:39:12 PM »
I guess the heights of the Imperial Family were:

Nicholas - 5'7
Alexandra- 5'7 1/2   (she was known to be a little taller then her husband)
Olga- 5'5
Tatiana- 5'6 1/2 (or the same height as her father)
Maria- 5'5
Anastasia 5'2 1/2
Alexei 5'1

I found a source that says that kids grow at least 2 inches per year, and people here say 3.5 inches. Therefore, being that in Jan. 1917, Alexei was 5'0.5'', I find it absolutely impossible that he could have grown only half an inch in eighteen months. According to the statistics, by Jan. 1918, he was at least 5'2'', or 5'3.5''. It had been about half a year when the family was murdered, so at the murder, at the least, Alexei was 5'3'', or 5'4 3/4''. As for Tatiana, she was her father's height by the time she was seventeen (according to "Who's Missing?" on livadia.org). So she was at least 5'7'', though I personally believe she was somewhere between 5'8'' and 5'10'' (because she was taller than the Empress, who was 5'7 1/2'' according to Mandie). And I thought Maria was taller than Olga! But according to the spring 1917 photo, I'm wrong.
I personally agree with Mandie on Nicholas, Alexandra, Olga, and (sort of) Anastasia's heights, though. Feel free to disagree.

Annie

« Reply #125 on: November 10, 2007, 05:56:07 PM »
There was a guy I went to school with who was shorter than me in Jr. High, and over the summer he grew so much that when I passed him in the hall in high school and he spoke to me I was shocked to have to look up- way up- to see where that voice was coming from! It seemed like he grew a foot! Maybe not that much but a lot.

Maria_Pavlovna

« Reply #126 on: December 05, 2007, 07:52:11 AM »

Possibly, Alyosha was taller then Anastasia, BUT can't grow 5 inches, it depends on family genes too. Alexei- 5'3 instead of 5'1. He was possibly called the "Small one" because he was very thin. While Anastasia was a tiny bit pump.

Genes (this is my point of view, feel free for correction):
Nicky -short, small farmed in way like his mother, but at the same time masculine looking and had his father’s corn flower blue eyes and dark blonde hair. Nicky’s eye shape like his father’s.  He wasn’t bald at the time of his death, but had gray hair. Slim.  In the middle of Fair and dark.  (As an infant –curly hair, as a child and as an adult- straight)

Alicky- Tall, and regal looking, (slim in youth, after Alexei was born- a bit pump) possibly from her father, deep gray eyes and golden red hair- copper or light brown to others, from both parents (Alice had light brown hair with tent of red, Louis had dirty blonde), Alice and Queen Victoria’s hock nose.  Louis’ eye shape. Fair. (Straight hair as an infant and to adulthood).

Olga- Arrange height and size, dirty blonde hair, corn flower blue eyes, her father’s nose and eyes. Fair. (Had some curls as an infant and child, wavy as teen to early adulthood)

Tatiana- Tall, Slim, Alicky’s eyes and coloring, auburn hair, gray eyes. Fragile, regal looking. A mix between Alix and Nicky’s nose.  (Straight hair as infant, late childhood to early adulthood, however in early childhood 1899-1902, wavy, curl hair)

Maria- Arrange height, pump, dark golden hair, looks like Olga, but has her father‘s complexion.  Blue-gray eyes. (Infant to around eight years old- curly hair, wavy from that point on)

Anastasia- Short, Pump, dark blonde hair with red copper tent. Corn flower blue eyes. Alix’s hock nose.  Lighter then Maria, but darker then Olga in complexion. (Infant to three- curly hair, from 1904- straight hair, Not really wavy)

Alexei (didn’t life long enough to know to total growth) - as small child to 10- golden hair, pump, tall, complexion like Maria. Eyes like his mother, eye shape like his father. Older then 11 – slim, golden blonde hair with a copper tent, then seem darker like Tatiana.  From infancy – curly hair to three his hair became straight (it was cut short, so we don’t know for complete share)

So, do to genes, what do really think what was Alyosha's height, Now 5'3

Annie

« Reply #127 on: December 05, 2007, 04:27:16 PM »

Genes (this is my point of view, feel free for correction):
Nicky -short, small farmed in way like his mother

But Nicky was the only short Romanov man, all the others were over 6 ft. tall. If Alexei had lived, he may have had those genes. Added with Alexandra's tall genes it was a great possibility, especially seeing how 'long and lanky' the growing adolescent Alexei was in his last pics (which IMO put him taller than 5'3")

Anastasia- Short, Pump, dark blonde hair with red copper tent. Corn flower blue eyes. Alix’s hock nose. 

I have read many different accounts of Anastasia's hair color, where did this one come from? I never heard cornflower blue for her eyes, either, maybe just plain blue, most accounts don't mention them.  Sidney Gibbes said they were 'gray and beautiful.' Speaking of Gibbes, what happened to the hair he had of the GD's, I'd love to know their exact colors.

granduchess_leah

Re: height/weight near the end
« Reply #128 on: February 09, 2008, 03:08:33 PM »
He was a little taller than Nicholas and about 105 pounds when he died.

Offline clockworkgirl21

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: February 14, 2008, 06:56:32 PM »
The whole eating disorder thing made me shake my head.  ::) People with anorexia or bulemia refuse to eat, or make themselves throw up after they eat because they think they're fat, or will be fat if they eat. It's a mental illness girls, sometimes boys, get when they feel pressured to look as thin as airbrushed models. It's more of a modern thing, though I *think* Princess Elisabeth (Sisi) had it.

Just because someone is skinnier than they should be, or can't keep down food, doesn't mean they have either disease. I think Anastasia was more likely to have survived her murder than Aleksey was likely to have anorexia or bulemia.

lulururu

« Reply #130 on: February 15, 2008, 10:10:40 AM »
Hi, I'm French and I can help you about the exact meaning of the sentence "Il était maigre et m'éttonna par sa grande taille"
First, "maigre" means skinny even if skinny is a bit too soft   
Then, I can assure you that "grande taille" and "grand" mean exactly the same thing and "grand" = tall, so he could have written "Il était maigre et m'étonna parce qu'il était grand" (He was skinny and he astonished me because he was tall) but as you can see this sentence isn't beautiful at all and the man wanted to express his astonishment.
Concerning the difference between "haute taille" and "grande taille", it must be extremely subtle because I can't see any difference between this two expressions and only an expert of the French language could make a difference because this two expressions mean that the person is tall... It may mean that Alexandra is really tall and Alexei is tall for a 13 year-old boy but it's really weird... In fact I think that the man didn't want to repeat the same expression and he uses two expressions which mean exactly the same thing !

Peterhof

« Reply #131 on: February 15, 2008, 06:10:48 PM »
Hi, I'm French and I can help you about the exact meaning of the sentence "Il était maigre et m'éttonna par sa grande taille"
First, "maigre" means skinny even if skinny is a bit too soft   
Then, I can assure you that "grande taille" and "grand" mean exactly the same thing and "grand" = tall, so he could have written "Il était maigre et m'étonna parce qu'il était grand" (He was skinny and he astonished me because he was tall) but as you can see this sentence isn't beautiful at all and the man wanted to express his astonishment.
Concerning the difference between "haute taille" and "grande taille", it must be extremely subtle because I can't see any difference between this two expressions and only an expert of the French language could make a difference because this two expressions mean that the person is tall... It may mean that Alexandra is really tall and Alexei is tall for a 13 year-old boy but it's really weird... In fact I think that the man didn't want to repeat the same expression and he uses two expressions which mean exactly the same thing !

I thank you for that.  You are right; it's a good practice to use different expressions even thought they may mean the same to avoid sounding repetitive.

Isabella

« Reply #132 on: May 12, 2008, 04:37:22 PM »
Just as an input, I'm roughly the same age Alexei was when he died, and I'm 5 foot 8 at the moment. I weigh much much more than he would have done, but as a growing boy it's extremely possible for him to be that tall.

Offline nena

• Velikye Knyaz
  • But every spring smells like you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: May 12, 2008, 05:14:22 PM »
I really would be so hapy if he was taller than his father.----He would be Tsar of Russia----maybe the best one. How sad......
And I think we can not tell exactly how he was tall before tragic 17th july, 1918. But true is----he was tall boy, and he was tallest boy of his friends, born in 1904----see below:
---1916, on Dnieper River. he and NII---1917--almost same height as NI:

-Ars longa, vita brevis -
Mathematics, art and history in ♥

Naslednik

« Reply #134 on: May 12, 2008, 05:45:24 PM »
80 pounds makes sense as it agrees with Alexandra's mention of him being terribly thin in 1918.  His bleeding episode in April was severe and probably would have reduced his appetite, too.  Nikolai mentions after Spala in a letter to his Mother that Alexei's appetite had returned and they were 'stuffing him' with food, but this would not have been an option in Yekaterinburg.  (I have a son equally thin.)