Author Topic: Prince Ranier is dying  (Read 3335 times)

Offline otmafan

• Knyaz
  • In Loving Memory
    • View Profile
Prince Ranier is dying
« on: March 25, 2005, 02:13:18 PM »
I just read on cnn.com that the elderly prince is suffering from heart and kidney failure. Who will take over when he passes?

georgecl

Re: Prince Ranier is dying
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2005, 03:42:20 PM »
I think His Son has been selected. even though he has no Heirs or married at this time..

George

Offline Valmont

• Graf
  • I love History  !!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2005, 04:29:57 PM »
But he's gay, and he's not thinking about marrying any woman. As far as I know, Prince Ranier knows it, and he was thinking about leaving the crown to  Carolina or Andrea..

Arturo Vega-Llausás
Arturo Vega-Llausás

georgecl

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2005, 04:57:23 PM »
That may be.. I saw a bio on the Prince and in it they said His son was to be the replacement..

either that or the monarchy would be returned to France..

George

Offline LisaDavidson

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2005, 10:16:42 PM »
Nearly all of the foregoing is incorrect. Once he dies, Rainier will be succeeded by his son, Prince Albert. If Albert has no legitimate issue, he will be succeeded by his sister, Caroline, HRH The Princess of Hanover, and her children thereafter.

Offline Valmont

• Graf
  • I love History  !!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2005, 03:39:52 PM »
Believe me...He's not going to get married nor have any children....I know...
Arturo Vega-Llausás

Offline stonewallone

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2005, 05:58:09 PM »
Somebody always feels they have to make a name for themselves by spreading gossip whether it be true or not. I guess Arturo Vega-Llausás must think it is time for his fifteen minutes of fame. Their are names for people like him, but I won't use them on a public discussion board!

Offline Helen_Azar

• Velikye Knyaz
  • Coming up Fall 2015: Tatiana's diaries and letters
    • View Profile
    • War-time diaries of Grand Duchess Olga Nikolaevna Romanov
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2005, 09:40:15 PM »
Believe me...He's not going to get married nor have any children....I know...

Are you acquianted with him personally?

Offline Robert_Hall

• Velikye Knyaz
  • a site.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2005, 09:57:35 PM »
Whether or not HSH Prince Albert of Monaco is gay has absolutely nothing to do with the succession nor the independance of the Monaco state. He is now the reigning sovereign prince, his sister Caroline, Princess of Hanover is heir presumptive.
End of matter.
Life may not be the party we expected, but while we are here, might as well dance..

Do you want the truth, or my side of the story ?- Hank Ketchum.

Offline Janet_W.

• Velikye Knyaz
  • ...And no one's grief has ever passed you by...
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2005, 10:14:51 PM »
I would like to think that the sexuality of living people remains their own business, unless they themselves choose to divulge it or it becomes an issue of public safety, i.e., the current and ongoing court trial of a very famous celebrity. As for historical figures, I think the subject is fair game as long as it goes beyond scurrilous gossip and can be discussed intelligently.

I'm not married and I don't have children, but anyone who thinks those two facts betray my sexuality would be in grievous error. Conversely, many, many homosexuals marry people of the opposite gender, although thankfully the social pressure that used to bring about a number of these unions is lessening.

I realize there are networks of people in the know about the sexuality of famous individuals, and that certain people are "outed" for reasons that have to do with shaming the person into being honest, or simply wanting to do damage. But when my elderly, dementia-riddled Mother doesn't consider a conversation interesting unless she can be supplied with information about who's gay in Hollywood and who isn't,* I'm more than ready to "frow up" on the entire subject.

A long and happy reign to Prince Albert.

* And this is a woman, BTW, who disliked sex and being married, and who inspired one of my friends to suggest that she might have been happier in a lesbian relationship. May-be!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Janet_W. »