Author Topic: should anastasia and her siblings have died  (Read 36011 times)

Offline Ramblinfarms

• History is for Lovers
    • View Profile
Re: should anastasia and her siberlings have died
« Reply #90 on: March 01, 2006, 07:56:17 PM »
I'm new to the forum, so perhaps it is presumtuous for me to put my two cents in; but here goes:
The fascination IMO is because of who they were, as unfortunately, in this day and age, murders of entire families are happening fairly regularly.  Sad, but true.
But this was not a senseless murder along the lines of a drive by or other violent crime.
It was a political decision, to eliminate the possibility of a Royal figurehead whom counter-revolutionaries could unite behind.  As long as the Royal Family, and especially the Czar lived, there would always be someone who could directly dispute the legitimacy of the Soviet.  And there were plenty of Royal cousins who could be counted on to help the Czar once the unpleasantries of WWI ended.  Remember, at the time of the crime, it was not known what was going to happen to Europe.  We have the perspective of hindsight that effects our perception of matters.

Offline don

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: March 01, 2006, 11:32:59 PM »
When the autocrats of neither the Slavic nor the Germanic peoples of Europe were able to steer their respective governments to peaceful cohabitation of the continent and when they could no longer control the reactive elements in their various societies, the great catharsis that was World War I became in a sense inevitable.  The Romanovs weren't the only monarchs who were destroyed in the process, although they may be the most evocative of pathos.  

Offline imperial angel

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: March 02, 2006, 10:14:46 AM »
The Romanovs have other reasons to be appealing than some of the monarchs whose lives and or at least worlds were destroyed after World War I. Certainly, their murder was a political descion, at least with the parents anyway, but it was senseless, not in that it didn't make sense, in that it was senseless in terms of human life. At that time, to destroy the Romanovs made some political sense, but in terms of human life, it never made sense. And  I think they are revered by some for different reasons. Some might revere them for who they are, and some for how they died.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by romanov_fan »

Offline Ramblinfarms

• History is for Lovers
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: March 03, 2006, 09:42:03 PM »
Some people deserve to be "killed", but no one deserves to be murdered.  The fact that the children were young and beautiful, and met such cold and calculating deaths makes it all the more poignant.
But still, the harsh reality of power struggles at that level of existence.

Offline Joy0318

• Graf
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: March 04, 2006, 08:21:18 AM »
I will never be able to understand why the children were murdered  too except for the fact that the Reds were cold brutal killers. The children had comitted no crimes and were murdered simply because they had been born Romanovs.

I can understand the political reasons for the execution of Nicholas II. Other deposed monarchs had been executed in the past but they had been publically executed following a trial. Why couldn't the Reds have done the same for Nicholas?  He did not deserve to be murdered in cold blood.  No one does. Even the worst of criminals deserve a fair trial.  And I don't think Nicholas was a criminal. He made some mistakes but he did not deserve to die like he did.
A horse is a horse of course of  course
And no one can talk to a horse of course
That is of course unless the horse
Is the famous Mr. Ed.

Offline GrandDuchess_2011

• View Profile
« Reply #95 on: April 25, 2006, 08:18:38 PM »
No single person on earth, rich or poor, ever deserves to die that way. Whenever I read a book about Anastasia and I come to the end, I always have to go into my room because I cry too much. If that would have happened today, the Boshleviks would have been sentenced to death. But no one could sentence them to death because the only leader that was against them was the Tsar Nicholas II, who was shot! Not fair in the least   :'(

I'm Nastya!!

Offline GD Alexandra

• Graf
  • "We had a beautiful dream and that was all..."
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: April 25, 2006, 08:49:28 PM »
I always have to go into my room because I cry too much.

Well, you don't have to cry anymore, because now they are in a better place, all together . I know how it feels... the first time I discovered about the execution I was completely shocked, too shocked even to cry!! (well I was very young & sensible)... Just don't feel that bad. And yes, I agree...No single person on earth, rich or poor, ever deserves to die that way.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Alexanastasia »

Offline imperial angel

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: April 26, 2006, 08:44:43 AM »
Yes, I felt that way too, when I first realized they had been executed. I was only 11, and astonished at my depth of feeling at this historic tragedy I had yet barely learned about. I did not know why I would feel so sad, like it had just happened in my own life. I suspect many of us on these threads ( otma fans), felt the same when they first learned this. Strange, but the feeling is so real, and immediate. Of course their execution wasn't fair, but sometimes in spite of murder being wrong, goverments make their own rules about their right and wrong. But it was defintely wrong, especially the innocent children.

TheAce1918

« Reply #98 on: June 04, 2006, 12:15:25 AM »
They NEVER should have been given such  >:( NEVER

Princess_Olishka

« Reply #99 on: June 04, 2006, 02:03:18 AM »
In my opinion, OTMA and Alexey never should have died!! I understand that Nicholas and Alexandra weren't the best of rulers and quite damage was done, but I still don't believe they deserved to die the way they did. Overall they were kind people and devoted to their family (just not suited as rulers ...  :-[). OTMA and Alexey were so young and innocent. What could they do? It's just heartless the way they died! :'(

Offline AnastasiaMischief

• View Profile
« Reply #100 on: June 26, 2006, 11:03:56 AM »
They should not have faced such a horrible death. I think OTMAA never deserved it, they were innocent people, and Alexei was only 13!

Offline clockworkgirl21

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: June 27, 2006, 12:47:35 AM »
Well, you feel worse for people dying if you know about their life. When I knew almost nothing about OTMAA's personality, and I saw their pictures, I just thought, "They killed that whole family like that? That's horrible." But it got more personal the more I learned about them. If you see a picture of a kid who was murdered in the paper, it's horrible enough by itself. But imagine if you actually went back and learned about that person, what they were like in life. It'd feel a lot more personal. I think I'm just babbling now.  ::) But no, of course they didn't deserve to be murdered. Who does?

Offline granduchess_leah

• Graf
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: August 12, 2006, 09:35:47 AM »
so are we all settled then with the answer no  :-\ ???,anastasia and her brother and sisters shouldnt of died,its was something to do with the parents not the children,they were all to young and should of been sent free..its all just so wrong ,those men who shot them were  >:( >:( >:( >:(very  >:(indeed.

Offline Holly

• Velikye Knyaz
  • www.otma.org
    • View Profile
    • otmaa.org
« Reply #103 on: August 12, 2006, 10:43:20 AM »
NOBODY deserves a death like theirs; especially children. To kill their innocent children whos only crimes were loving their country and their family, is so cruel and wrong. I know when I first learned of the Romanovs, I had no idea they were killed and I got to know what they were like and their personalities first. Then when I read at the end what happened to them, I was so shocked and speechless and had the strangest feeling, for the whole day.
"Господь им дал дар по молитвам их размягчать окаменелые наши сердца за их страдания..Мне думается, что если люди будут молиться Царской Cемье, оттают сердца с Божией помощью."

http://www.otmaa.org -- Coming Soon.

Offline granduchess_leah

• Graf
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: August 12, 2006, 11:02:54 AM »
me too holly its just wrong ,very wrong,very wrong it makes me  :'(_ >:(!!!!!!!!!