Author Topic: Obrenovich Family (except the Kings)  (Read 116976 times)

Offline Marc

• Velikye Knyaz
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
Re: Obrenovich Family (except the Kings)
« Reply #60 on: July 21, 2008, 09:57:37 AM »
Here is how the Karadjordjevic and Obrenovic family are related-Line to Crown Prince Alexander of Serbia:

Prince Ioan Teodor Callimachi of Moldavia 1758-1761=Ralitza Crisoscoleo
                                                                                                        I
                                                                        Princess Sevastie Callimachi,born in 1736
                                                                                                        I
                                                                        Princess Marioara Soutzo,died in 1846
                                                                                                        I
                                                                        Dr. Pericles Argyropoulo,lived from 1810-1860 
                                                                                                        I
                                                                          Iacobo Argyropoulo,lived from 1845-1923
                                                                                                        I
                                                                             Maria Argyropoulo,lived from 1874-1930
                                                                                                        I
                                                                         Princess Aspasia of Greece,lived from 1896-1972
                                                                                                        I
                                                                         Queen Alexandra of Yugoslavia,lived from 1921-1993
                                                                                                        I
                                                                         CROWN PRINCE ALEXANDER OF YUGOSLAVIA,BORN IN 1945

Here is the same line to King Milan Obrenovich of Serbia which show how he is related to the present Crown Prince Alexander Karadjordjevich:

I
                                                         Prince Gregori Callimachi of Moldavia,lived from1735-1769
                                                                                                         I
                                                                     Princess Marioara Callimachi,lived from 1762-1822
                                                                                                         I
                                                                           Princess Roxane Sturdza,lived from 1785-1844
                                                                                                         I
                                                                                     Smaragda Bals,lived from 1811-1886
                                                                                                         I
                                                                                     Maria Elenena Catargiu,died in 1879
                                                                                                         I
                                                                   KING MILAN OBRENOVICH OF SERBIA,LIVED FROM 1854-1901

And this is the same line to Queen Natalia who was closely related to her husband King Milan of Serbia and distantly to Crown Prince Alexander:

I
                                                         Prince Gregori Callimachi of Moldavia,lived from1735-1769
                                                                                                         I
                                                                     Princess Marioara Callimachi,lived from 1762-1822
                                                                                                         I
                                                                           Princess Roxane Sturdza,lived from 1785-1844
                                                                                                         I
                                                                                       Natalie Bals,lived from 1812-1830
                                                                                                         I
                                                                        Boyar Peter Keshko,president of nobles of Besarabia
                                                                                                         I
                                                               QUEEN NATALIA OBRENOVICH OF SERBIA,LIVED FROM 1859-1941

So,King Milan's grandmother and Queen Natalia's grandmother were sisters and yet they are both related to Crown Prince Alexander through his mother Queen Alexandra of Yugoslavia

Offline nena

• Velikye Knyaz
  • But every spring smells like you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 21, 2008, 01:26:12 PM »
Thank you, Marc! But I meant only for Helena of Serbia. No for today's point of view.
-Ars longa, vita brevis -
Mathematics, art and history in ♥

Norbert

« Reply #62 on: July 21, 2008, 01:39:58 PM »
Many thanks. It would be interesting to add thisfamily to the Obrenovic genealogy

kost

« Reply #63 on: August 28, 2008, 03:35:15 AM »
Hi everybody.............
Very interesting topic. I wonder if anyone has any photo or picture of prince George Obrenovic and his mother's Artemisia Krictic.
Thanks

StevenL

« Reply #64 on: August 28, 2008, 05:39:19 AM »
The natural son son of King Milan was in fact not a prince, though he may have liked to called himself one. Don't think I've ever seen a picture.

kost

« Reply #65 on: September 02, 2008, 11:08:54 AM »
...I think that about 1906 he clamed the throne...on his own?...or with somebody's help?
 Did he really died in Losane and in early age, without making family? Where can I find more information about his life? thanks...

Offline Marc

• Velikye Knyaz
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 03, 2008, 08:23:49 AM »
You have some informations about him in some book in Serbian,but not that much...there is also a photo there and when I have time I will scan it!

Aleksandar B Obrenovic

« Reply #67 on: September 06, 2008, 03:04:02 PM »
Marc, Jakov was not the only brother of Milos

What about Jovan, Jevrem, Milan ??

Rgds.

Aleksandar

Offline Marc

• Velikye Knyaz
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 07, 2008, 06:59:32 AM »
Jakov and Milan are his half-brothers by his mother...Milan died in Bucharest in 1810 had a son named Hristofor who died in St.Peterburg in Russia and was burried there in 1825...male descedants of his brothers Jevrem(King Miland and King Alexander) and descedants of his brother Jovan all died out...

Aleksandar B Obrenovic

« Reply #69 on: September 07, 2008, 02:44:58 PM »
Marc, do you have proof of church documents that show this things, all docs related to the Obrenovic's are like secret, the masonic group that colaborated with Crna Ruka (black Hand)
made sure that this was destroyed, the same on the place that  our ancestors are buried, who knows if what we have inside are the real bodies of Obrenovic's.

There is only one thing that can be done DNA, but that will take a lot of political manouvers to get accomplished

My family was sent away from Belgrade in 1903 to Leskovac, some went to Kragujevac, others change their name not to have conflict, those that had the name strct silence or death, that is the way my father grew up, until he was chosen by King Aleksandar to serve on his own guard, he called him his enemy, but was the closet to him until his dead in France 1934, My dad you can see in the pictures of the funeral and the film in youtube of the funerals.

He was very close to the King and specially Kralja Marija.

I have a lot of stories that may not be written yet, and every day all the things that he told me are coming out with proofs. Like we know where we come from without any expectations to the throne of Serbia it has been our secret for a lot of years, and when the King tell you who you are and who your ancestors are doubts are minimal.

Regards.

Aleksandar B. Obrenovic

Offline Marc

• Velikye Knyaz
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 07, 2008, 03:21:38 PM »
Those are the stats from the book ''Obrenovici i njihov rodoslov'' so I can't prove that they are accurate...I would search for many things but have to study for my exam period :)

Interesting story about your family!

TsarMartyrNicholas

« Reply #71 on: September 12, 2008, 09:17:11 AM »
Marc, do you have proof of church documents that show this things, all docs related to the Obrenovic's are like secret, the masonic group that colaborated with Crna Ruka (black Hand)
made sure that this was destroyed, the same on the place that  our ancestors are buried, who knows if what we have inside are the real bodies of Obrenovic's.

There is only one thing that can be done DNA, but that will take a lot of political manouvers to get accomplished

My family was sent away from Belgrade in 1903 to Leskovac, some went to Kragujevac, others change their name not to have conflict, those that had the name strct silence or death, that is the way my father grew up, until he was chosen by King Aleksandar to serve on his own guard, he called him his enemy, but was the closet to him until his dead in France 1934, My dad you can see in the pictures of the funeral and the film in youtube of the funerals.

He was very close to the King and specially Kralja Marija.

I have a lot of stories that may not be written yet, and every day all the things that he told me are coming out with proofs. Like we know where we come from without any expectations to the throne of Serbia it has been our secret for a lot of years, and when the King tell you who you are and who your ancestors are doubts are minimal.

Regards.

Aleksandar B. Obrenovic

Hello dear Aleksandar! I am glad to hear that the Obrenovic Family has still some survivors ....Do you like to be friends with me ? my name is Vangelis and I am 27 years old , I love Serbia and her history! I have many friends from Serbia ! 
in case you are using some kind of instant messenger here are my own :
Yahoo Messenger :greekboy1981@yahoo.gr
Windows Live :kyrialan@otenet.gr
AIM Messenger : GingerSnapsGr@aol.com
GoogleTalk :greekboy1981@gmail.com

everyone is welcomed to add me in their buddy list as I like many friends!

kost

« Reply #72 on: September 16, 2008, 03:58:02 AM »
...Aleksandar interesting story.... Could you tell me more about the story of the Obrenovich family and their descendants starting from 1903?
I think that in my high school there was a boy with that surname.Is there a possibility that he might had to do with your family?I would really like to hear more from you.....
Marc thanks for your answer...waiting for the scanned photo....

Offline Marc

• Velikye Knyaz
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 16, 2008, 07:28:20 AM »
Don't think that there is any possibility that he is descended from them...Obrenovic living distant cousins are Jakovljevic...Milos Obrenovic took or rather adopted his family name after his step-father plus family name like Obrenovic etc. could be common because it derives from the name Obren,so many families could have that family name...

Aleksandar B Obrenovic

« Reply #74 on: September 16, 2008, 11:17:57 AM »
Marc, As I explained before in my mail, I do not look for anything to be recognized as part of the family or to get into problems, I have been in Serbia and is is very hard to fiind church records that are the only ones that tell the truth, history coulb be written in different ways and sometimes change to benefit others.

It is true that the tradition on the Serbian people as they were nomads that conquer lands coming from the white Russian tribes use tthe father name and by putting at the end VIC meaning son of.

Our records go back to the late 1700 carrying the same last name, we are from Cacak, Bajina Basta, then went to Beograd and after 1903 throwned out of Belgrade because of our last name.

As I said before only DNA can prove any of this but political situation will not permit now, besides that with our history I do not feel like getting shot at or killed as both families did in the past.

Rgds.

Aleksandar B Obrenovic