Author Topic: How you became interested in Alexei?  (Read 10262 times)

Baby_Tsarevich

How you became interested in Alexei?
« on: April 17, 2005, 02:34:12 PM »
I was looking through the threads about Alexei, and I havn't seen any about how people got interested in him! I know people must of got interested in him by reading about the family, but with some people its different!

So please feel free to write your story!

~Anastacia~

RissiaSunbeam1918

Re: How you became interested in Alexei?
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2005, 02:42:54 PM »
Hey! Ok, how i got interested in Alexei. Well, my friend Nicole always wanted me to read those "dear america" books when I was about ten-ish. I saw the "Anastasia: Royal diaries" thing and i skipped most of the book and read the parts about Alexei, because for some reason he seemed special. I guess that's it.

Dana

Baby_Tsarevich

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2005, 03:21:02 PM »
heehee Dana! ;D Thats kinda how my story goes too it also kinda started wit the Royal Diaries books!

Ok well my mom told me about the Romanovs and that I was named after GD Anastasia, and i didn't care much about them (this was when i was about 10) and then i watched Anastasia (the cartoon) and then i started researching bit on the Romanovs, but it was just Anastasia that I was interested in! Then I remember looking trought some Romanov pictures and I saw Alexei and all I thought of him was "Ok just some royal kid that I don't care about"

Then I dropped my Romanov interest and went on with my life! couple of months later when I turned 11, I watched Anastasia again and this time I became more interested, so I researched some more! This time I actualy began reading about them and I came across more pictures of Alexei! I thought of him as a very cute kid and I thought he was special in some way.

I read the Anastasia Royal Diary book and thats when I started REALLY obsessing over Alexei, and from then on I read, looked at pictures, wrote about Alexei and more! ;D

Thanx!

~Anuta~
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Baby_Tsarevich »

RissiaSunbeam1918

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2005, 07:29:27 PM »
More than just Alexei, that's how i got interested in all the Romanovs. I also likes reading about Tatiana.

olga

« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2005, 12:29:31 AM »
~Anuta~

Um, Anuta isn't a diminutive for Anastasia.

RissiaSunbeam1918

« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2005, 08:37:05 AM »
*confused* what is it then? As i said, I know a little Russian, but can't follow a lot of this name stuff.....

olga

« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2005, 09:02:29 AM »
Anyuta is a diminutive for Anna. Here is a little piece I wrote about Russian names.

Anastasia - Nastya, Asya, Tasya, Tyunya, Nasten'ka, Nastyusha, Nastyona, Nastechka, Asen'ka, Tasyusha, Nastayushka, Tasyushka, Nastka, Staska, Taska, Aska.

Anna - Anya, Nyura, Anyuta, Anechka, Annushka, Anen'ka, Anka, Akha.

RissiaSunbeam1918

« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2005, 09:36:53 AM »
Wow, that's a lot of names! :o

The only nicknames I can think of for Dana (in English) are D and DD.  :-/  

RissiaSunbeam1918

« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2005, 09:37:38 AM »
Oh, and thanks for the link!! ;D

Baby_Tsarevich

« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2005, 09:59:42 AM »

Um, Anuta isn't a diminutive for Anastasia.

Uh, I know that! Its just cause everyone has been calling me Stasia, Nastya, Staz, Anastasia, Anastacia for YEARS, and I'm getting tierd of it, so I dicided to let people call me Anya or Anuta, but my mom still calls me Nastya, but my sisters call me Staz!

And Darth Olga, can you for once not make any comments that would compleately change the subject?

~Anastacia~

Pravoslavnaya

« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2005, 03:39:13 PM »
OK -- so how did I become interested in Alexei?

I casually picked up a book on display at a bookstore in the early nineties.  Of all the people in that book I was drawn most to the Tsarevich because he sounded like such a patient and longsuffering child.  I also found his father the Emperor an admirable and God-loving man.

Again, let us please stick to what is being asked regarding Alexei Nikolaevich.  He would surely not have wanted enemies made here on a board devoted to him.

RissiaSunbeam1918

« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2005, 04:21:26 PM »
Really? Do you know what book it was? It sounds interesting.  ;D
-Dana

Baby_Tsarevich

« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2005, 06:25:40 PM »
Everyone seemed to have gotten interested in Alexei by reading a book! ;D And Elizabeth I also wanna know what book that was that you mentioned in your story?

~Anastacia~

RissiaSunbeam1918

« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2005, 06:34:07 PM »
I think a lotta people from the pre-fox-movie had to get interested by a book.  :-[

Baby_Tsarevich

« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2005, 06:38:22 PM »
hee I compleately forgot about the Anastasia cartoon, thats how alot of many other people got interested in the Romanovs, but wait.....thats how most people go interested in Anastasia :-/ but thats where the research begins!

~Anastacia~