Author Topic: Crown Princess Victoria  (Read 285697 times)

Offline violetta

• Knyaz
    • View Profile
Re: Crown Princess Victoria
« Reply #135 on: March 13, 2009, 07:30:37 PM »
SORRY I HAVE PRESSED THE POST BUTTON BY MISTAKE SO I HAVE CONTINUED THE MESSAGE AS IT HASN`T BEEN COMPLETED

may be I will sound old-fashioned and prejudiced and non-democratic and conservative but I have to admit that i `ve never liked an idean of a member of a Royal family marrying a commoner. for me, the whole point of having a Royal family is the fact that its members  marry their equals in terms of birth and position. In russia tzars were endowed with the divine power, it was believed that the power of the monarchs came from God though it wasn`t so in other countries. this is what made them the chosen. if royals tart marry commoners who in turn marry commoners so what is the pouint of having ROYAL families if anyone could ne ROYAL????

Offline Olga Maria

• Velikye Knyaz
  • 1 Corinthians 13, Mark 11: 23-24, Romans 8: 38-39
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: March 13, 2009, 11:39:11 PM »
SORRY I HAVE PRESSED THE POST BUTTON BY MISTAKE SO I HAVE CONTINUED THE MESSAGE AS IT HASN`T BEEN COMPLETED

may be I will sound old-fashioned and prejudiced and non-democratic and conservative but I have to admit that i `ve never liked an idean of a member of a Royal family marrying a commoner. for me, the whole point of having a Royal family is the fact that its members  marry their equals in terms of birth and position. In russia tzars were endowed with the divine power, it was believed that the power of the monarchs came from God though it wasn`t so in other countries. this is what made them the chosen. if royals tart marry commoners who in turn marry commoners so what is the pouint of having ROYAL families if anyone could ne ROYAL????

I agree with you in instance with what you said last. It may come to that point, I believe, someday when most of the royals marry commoners.I think most of them marry such, given no choice of contemporaries to be engaged to in other royal families. They are also practical for the fact that they follow their heart than other people's advice. Their happiness is more important than being tied up to a very imperfect match just to satisfy the need of marrying a royal like himself/herself.
Sorry if I explained my answer not so well. I hope you understand what I posted.

Amazing colored fotos  by the most wonderful Yelena Aleksandrovna. Endless thank you very much!

Offline violetta

• Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: March 14, 2009, 08:18:13 AM »
On the one hand, I DO UNDERSTAND  that royals should follw ther heart and marry someone they truly love. but personally I don`t believe that it is not possible to find a match within the members of their cycle. alix and nikolay somehow managed to meet, victoria of hesse and louis battenberg were also in love.the list could be continued. the charm of being royal is somehow lost. that`s a pity for me...

Offline Olga Maria

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: March 15, 2009, 02:27:36 AM »
It just entirely depends on the person. Some can easily adapt with marrying the one they were pushed into while some cannot ( I believe most of them choose to be the latter as they don't want be martyrs on a relationship).
I believe it's just a luck to find the right one within a very small group of people just like the royals in Europe. 

Amazing colored fotos  by the most wonderful Yelena Aleksandrovna. Endless thank you very much!

Offline Olga Maria

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: March 18, 2009, 08:32:31 AM »
Let's talk about her anorexia nervosa again. Was she not warned when she was avoiding her meals?
It's impossible that her attendants would not not know what she's doing the time she was in the process of developing the disorder.

Offline carl fraley

• Boyar
  • Honor and Fidelity
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: March 21, 2009, 11:20:21 PM »
Has it been announced what daniel's Title will be once Victoria Assumes the throne will be?  Will he take precedence above Prince Carl Phillip after his marriage?

Offline Lucien

• Velikye Knyaz
  • Courtier
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: March 22, 2009, 12:23:28 AM »
Has it been announced what daniel's Title will be once Victoria Assumes the throne will be?  Will he take precedence above Prince Carl Phillip after his marriage?

Yes,he will be created a Duke,but first and foremost a Prince of Sweden on the wedding day,a HRH,
and as spouse of the (the then- ) Monarch will have precedence over all members of the Royal Family.
Je Maintiendrai

Offline Olga Maria

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: March 22, 2009, 09:50:36 PM »
And he's title will be Duke of Vastergotland as Victoria is the Duchess.

Offline Lucien

• Velikye Knyaz
  • Courtier
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: March 23, 2009, 11:53:49 AM »
The wedding date is set on june 19th 2010 as was just announced by the Royal House:

Exactly 34 years to the day her parents married at the Storkyrken too.
Their wedding day was june 19th 1976.

See you there! ;D

« Last Edit: October 01, 2010, 11:17:08 AM by Svetabel »
Je Maintiendrai

Offline Erika

• Boyar
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: March 23, 2009, 03:31:35 PM »
The wedding date is set on june 19th 2010 as was just announced by the Royal House:

http://www.kungahuset.se/5.6b0698e911fa8f9005880007338.html

Exactly 34 years to the day her parents married at the Storkyrken too.
Their wedding day was june 19th 1976.

See you there! ;D

I just heard it on the news and my mother suggested that we would go to Stockholm on that day and take part in the festivities:)

Offline RoyalWatcher

• Graf
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: March 23, 2009, 05:04:05 PM »
I wonder why the engagement was announced so early given that they will not marry for another 14+ months. I suppose I am just used to the British Royals who upon announcing their engagement the wedding takes place no more than five or six month later.

Perhaps HRH Princess Victoria didn't want to wait another 6 months to announce their engagement and she wanted Daniel to start officially accompanying her to royal functions. Who can blame her?!

Offline Lucien

• Velikye Knyaz
  • Courtier
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: March 24, 2009, 03:42:47 AM »
I wonder why the engagement was announced so early given that they will not marry for another 14+ months. I suppose I am just used to the British Royals who upon announcing their engagement the wedding takes place no more than five or six month later.

Perhaps HRH Princess Victoria didn't want to wait another 6 months to announce their engagement and she wanted Daniel to start officially accompanying her to royal functions. Who can blame her?!

It is not unusual to announce so far ahead.We had the same here,a year of waiting from march 2001 till two two two,
but Máxima visited all provincess,there was something official every week,so time flew really.Suppose Victoria and Daniel
will visit the country extensively and he will be officially presented.
Je Maintiendrai

Offline Olga Maria

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: March 24, 2009, 03:54:17 AM »
Thanks for the news, Lucien!
I'm glad it will happen one day after Grand Duchess Anastasia's  Birthday!

Offline Olga Maria

• Velikye Knyaz
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: March 24, 2009, 04:07:11 AM »
The very pretty future Queen!
Pretty in purple
A simple Princess
Grinning

I overlooked the portrait above and now, what I'd just say is...

She's ever so pretty and regal!
« Last Edit: March 24, 2009, 04:16:19 AM by Großfürstin Ingrid Maria »

Offline Lucien

• Velikye Knyaz
  • Courtier
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: March 24, 2009, 04:48:58 AM »
Let's talk about her anorexia nervosa again.

Lets not!Total nonsense to bring that about again now.

What she did do at the time was to bring the disorder into the open,
she deserves credit for that as it helped many others to talk.

But to bring it out and about again is to no avail and serves nothing,
no,it is not even historical,would be histerical.The past is just that and nada mas,
to me,and also that happens to be the attitude of the Swedish Court in this.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2009, 05:02:40 AM by Lucien »
Je Maintiendrai